Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-25-2013   #101
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I think this is one of the deeper drafts in years and that there are ~equally graded difference makers from 5 to 25. As a QB class it is weak, but there's a lot of talent this year.

I prefer drafting into depth, and with the number of picks we have a good draft can upgrade us at many positions.

I'd like to see us get better up the middle on D -- S, ILB, NT and add a top WR prospect and deepen our OL.

Underwear Olympics alone, there's some speed out there.
There is an absolute TON of speed, unfortunately there isn't as much size as you'd hope throughout the class. I think one of the underrated parts of this class on this board is how athletic a lot of the OT's are. There's a couple of guys here that the Texans should take long looks at to see if they could be an immediate upgrade at RT.
Old 02-25-2013   #102
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
There is an absolute TON of speed, unfortunately there isn't as much size as you'd hope throughout the class. I think one of the underrated parts of this class on this board is how athletic a lot of the OT's are. There's a couple of guys here that the Texans should take long looks at to see if they could be an immediate upgrade at RT.
just throwing this out there because I see Kyle Long as a premier LG but how do you think he would fare as possible swing tackle option for Texans, especially RT?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #103
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
just throwing this out there because I see Kyle Long as a premier LG but how do you think he would fare as possible swing tackle option for Texans, especially RT?
Im pretty sure Kyle Long is being projected as a RT. He looked like he was in good shape & possibly had room to bulk up despite weighing in at 313lbs. Plus he ran real well for being that big. I think he would fit real well in the ZBS. I also like Schwenke out of Cal to play G/C. He too fit the ZBS size & mobility & held hid own at the Senior Bowl against the likes of Jenkins.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #104
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that when Kyle Long was at FSU on a baseball scholarship, he really screwed the pooch with the coaches. Not sure exactly what transpired, but it wasn't good.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #105
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's definitely got the size and mobility that the Texans have desired from their OT's in the past. I think his last name is going to end up getting him a higher draft spot than what he would've gotten if he was the son of some joe schmoe, but he's certainly a guy to look at if he's available at the Texans 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Jeff Baca is also a guy I think the Texans may look at as a backup or swing tackle if he's there in the middle or later rounds. (Yes I know he's listed as a Guard on a lot of the scouting sites, but he's got a lot of the qualities the Texans look for in a Tackle).

Terron Armstead might be a guy who has shot up too high on other draft boards, but if he's available after the first you got to look at him as well.
Old 02-25-2013   #106
b0ng
Ooops

Te'o with a 4.8 40 dash. Ouch.
Old 02-25-2013   #107
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL; that was fun to watch. MSR.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2013   #108
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He is shorter, slower, and smaller than advertised.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #109
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He is shorter, slower, and smaller than advertised.
Yes, he is starting to look much less like a first round lock than what was thought before ND played 'Bama.

Here is another couple of funny moving pictures

I think the subtle Reid "thumbs up" kills me.
Old 02-25-2013   #110
b0ng
Ooops

Says it all really.
Old 02-25-2013   #111
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
regardless you uniformed opinion still carry's weight with me, but here is my question for you- what is easier for you to address this draft, defense or the offense? and why?
I probably draft a balance. WR, NT and ILB are the major positions I want to see filled.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #112
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Yep, I like Hopkins too. IMO he is the most complete WR out there. He gave LSU fits, really showed up in that big game, and 18 TD last year is really impressive. The only thing is that I think that there will be many more quality WR in round 2 than quality DT. We need to come out of this draft with a starting WR, DT, and ILB.
I'm glad to see D. Hopkins getting some love. So far, he's my guy for the Texans.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #113
ralph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I know that when Kyle Long was at FSU on a baseball scholarship, he really screwed the pooch with the coaches. Not sure exactly what transpired, but it wasn't good.
Also a big FSU guy, supposedly it was too much partying. But he went to Oregon and cleaned up his act. Wouldn't worry about it.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #114
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Also a big FSU guy, supposedly it was too much partying. But he went to Oregon and cleaned up his act. Wouldn't worry about it.
Good to have another Nole around. Rep for that.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #115
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not if this was that huge of a surprise. Mayock predicted a 4.75, but the other commentators predicted under then that but they thought it would be close to 4.75. I kinda think Minter getting 4.8 was just as ugly. Demontre Moore was HIGHLY OVERRATED. A 4.9 40 to go along with only 12 reps of 225lbs, that's horrible to say the least.

Last edited by tru80texan; 02-25-2013 at 08:26 PM.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #116
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know this post wasn't directed at me, but I really like Long though he will probably be gone be #54.

I've got my eye on 2 OT's in the 3rd rd. Fragel and Quessenberry are both tough athletic RT's who would be perfect fits in the ZBS.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #117
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cushing ran a 4.74 and was 2" taller & 2 lbs. heavier.

Te'o can't touch Cush, imo, but numbers aren't the end-all-be-all for ILBs.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #118
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Tyrann Mathieu is having a great combine (except on bench) and has Deion trumpeting his approval
Old 02-26-2013   #119
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cushing ran a 4.74 and was 2" taller & 2 lbs. heavier.

Te'o can't touch Cush, imo, but numbers aren't the end-all-be-all for ILBs.
Brandon Spikes and Vontaze Burfict both had worse 40s than Teo and became beasts.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #120
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
Tyrann Mathieu is having a great combine (except on bench) and has Deion trumpeting his approval
Deion was a big keo fan. Guess he's gotta be right at some point...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read