Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-18-2005   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Question Worst Attempt By Receiver?

Which was the worst effort?

OR

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best Hit?

Which is the best hit?

OR

OR

OR

Old 06-18-2005   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Lloyd gets my vote because Pinkston looks like he misjudges the ball and then pulls up. Look at it closely: He stops and looks up and then turns and run to go get the ball and that's when the safety came in the picture. He pulls up and looks a good 2 yards from the acual placement of the ball...

Lynch on Clark is the best hit...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

They both crack me up though.
Old 06-18-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

how do you post videos?
Old 06-18-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
how do you post videos?
They're really .gif files. You post it the same way you post a picture (.jpg) file.
Old 06-19-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I'm a bit partial to the Ronnie Lott hit, but the hit on Stokely is a close second IMO.
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2005   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Non reciever:

Eli's welcome to the NFL hit:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #9
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Non reciever:

Eli's welcome to the NFL hit:

That was NASTY!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

This one on Joey Porter is pretty bad too. Looks like he gets "ear-holed".

Old 06-19-2005   #11
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Pinkston is definitely worse. They don't call him twinkle toes for nothing. Lloyd just thought the ball was going to a guy behind him.
Old 06-19-2005   #12
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Pinkston is definitely worse. They don't call him twinkle toes for nothing. Lloyd just thought the ball was going to a guy behind him.
doesnt it almost look like pinkston notices hes not goin to get to the ball so he tries to jump into the saftey and try to get a flag? or is that just me?
Old 06-19-2005   #13
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

that hit was craaazy on Eli i never saw that as soon as i saw it i was laughing like crazy..............oh man that made my day.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes to Lloyd and Lott, but that hit on Stokely was nasty...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #15
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
no question about it, that was a text book "ear-holeing"

my vote goes for receiver goes to pinkston. while loyd's looks WAY worse, i have to think he was just reacting because the ball entered his field of vision alot later than it looks like. pinkston's alligator arms were as thought out as they could be while running a route full speed. he was afraid and adjusted...bad form all around.

for the hit, it is a tie between lynch and manning. lynch's is by far the nastiest of the selection (the speed at which clark's head whips back and how he goes limp while violently changing directions). and although manning's isn't far behind in terms of impact but it ties because of the "HAHA stupid manning" factor...

a little of topic, but does anyone know where any texan highlight videos can be found? after watching the sean taylor one a few times, i couldn't help but think how much cooler it would be to see D Rob, AJ, DD, babin, or any texan rather than a player for team i don't really care about. any links/help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-19-2005   #16
Pandora
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
doesnt it almost look like pinkston notices hes not goin to get to the ball so he tries to jump into the saftey and try to get a flag? or is that just me?
I watched that game, and the announcers jumped all over him. If you see it from a different angle, it's very easy to see that he saw the safety coming, knew he was going to take a hard hit if he caught the ball, so he ducked out to avoid the hit. I think he ended up leaving his team with a huge 4th and long after he ducked out, I don't quite remember exactly.
Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #17
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Thats actually Jerry Porter.
Old 06-20-2005   #18
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

That hit on Eli just tickles me....
Old 06-20-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Thats actually Jerry Porter.
My mistake. I always switch their names around.
Old 06-20-2005   #20
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

As much as some of the other hits look worse..........the hit with the most force was the Stokley hit.

In a lot of those hits the hittee took a step or two back, Stokley was on his back fastest, therefore receiving the hardest hit.

That said, the Eli hit made me the happiest, I hate that kid, along with his brother and his daddy. "Eli won't play for the Chargers" See what happens when you try to pick the team that you go to........you get JACKED UP!

I hope Peek goes after PEYTON's head this year.

And I was also watching the game when Pinkston wimped out....oh man that was pitiful.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read