Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2013   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Doesn't Shoving an official mean an ejection? Not if you're a RAVEN!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9584--nfl.html

So you can get away with MULTIPLE offsides, neutral zone infractions, pass interference and obvious holding penalties AND you can shove officials. Must be nice playing with a double murder who's announced his retirement.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #2
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doesn't Shoving an official mean an ejection? Not if you're a RAVEN!

Gotta admiit, I was pretty shocked when they didn't turf him from the game for that shove.

From my recollection the Ravens side of the offsetting penalties that ensured wasn't even called on Williams.
Old 02-05-2013   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Doesn't Shoving an official mean an ejection? Not if you're a RAVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

So you can get away with MULTIPLE offsides, neutral zone infractions, pass interference and obvious holding penalties AND you can shove officials. Must be nice playing with a double murder who's announced his retirement.
Sigh, again no one really knows what happened that night other than the people that were there. As for the superbowl, there has never been a player or coach ejected from either the superbowl or world series. It's the big game, they are going to push to win.. let em play it out.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I rewound the shoving when it happened over and over and said he should be ejected but my wife and another person at the house thought it was just him getting up and showing anyone...not meant to official...to get off.

With all that said, I didn't find the game horribly officiated at all. I'm so tired of hearing about that last pass. I've seen every angle and in all angles Crabtree is grabbing and pushing the helmet as much as the other guy is holding him. The ball also lands almost past the back of the white line. I found it to be a great no call.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #5
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Waaaauuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How about punching another player in the stomach over and over again while he is down on the ground? Number 29 not only got away with it but then got up and started acting like he want to fight the SF OL who tried to push him off his player. I couldn't believe he wasn't ejected.
Old 02-05-2013   #7
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, you're in your 40's and complain like this? The Ravens outplayed every playoff team they faced. A HC who wasn't scared to take chances and a QB who made ballsy throws. I can respect a team like that. Tell SF not to get down 28 to 6 or whatever. Reminded me of our team.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2013   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

You should add Indy to the list.

In the game in Indy it was well documented.

I saw the SB shove as well. Apparently you can do what ever you want these days.

NFL officiating is a joke. After this season I honestly want to give up on the NFL, I was close, and I love my Texans, but I just can't take the inconsistency.

I've said it before, I don't think the NFL is rigged, but I do think they purposely look the other way to push an agenda or a story line. At the end of the day the NFL is in the entertainment business.

Watch the Niners last couple of drives in the SB, the refs let so much holding go it was incredible. I think they wanted a close game. It was on the way to a blow out, then the lights go out, and the Niners regrouped and got away with a lot, oh and they almost won it.

Again its not rigged, but I wouldn't exactly call it fair 100% of the time.
Old 02-06-2013   #9
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

All sorts of blown calls in the game- they missed DPI on the long Torrey Smith play; SF hitting Flacco 3 ft out of bounds, etc, etc....

Move on...
Old 02-06-2013   #10
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Such whining. The game was 3 days ago. Are you starting to get over it yet?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Couldn't believe he was not ejected either.

I guess everyone is scared of what Ray Ray might do if it meant him not winning the superbowl
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #12
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
He's more upset than a 49er fan
Old 02-07-2013   #13
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
You should add Indy to the list.

In the game in Indy it was well documented.

I saw the SB shove as well. Apparently you can do what ever you want these days.

NFL officiating is a joke. After this season I honestly want to give up on the NFL, I was close, and I love my Texans, but I just can't take the inconsistency.

I've said it before, I don't think the NFL is rigged, but I do think they purposely look the other way to push an agenda or a story line. At the end of the day the NFL is in the entertainment business.

Watch the Niners last couple of drives in the SB, the refs let so much holding go it was incredible. I think they wanted a close game. It was on the way to a blow out, then the lights go out, and the Niners regrouped and got away with a lot, oh and they almost won it.

Again its not rigged, but I wouldn't exactly call it fair 100% of the time.

Are you saying the NFL would have made less money if the 49ners won? Or are you saying that the nfl wouldnt have made more money if the Pats/Greenbay played for the title?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 aka some @$$clown of no consequence
Dude, you're in your 40's and complain like this? The Ravens outplayed every playoff team they faced. A HC who wasn't scared to take chances and a QB who made ballsy throws. I can respect a team like that. Tell SF not to get down 28 to 6 or whatever. Reminded me of our team.
You've yet to either earn the right to speak to me directly or to refer to me in the 3rd person rook. Be gone peasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
A, B, C, D, E, F, U ....cha...I started this thread during the post game show while they were asking Ray if he wanted to laugh some more at the families of the people killed by his entourage (and possibly him) when he got his last ring and if he was AMAZED that there has yet to be a successful civil suit against him in thier murders. This is the ONLY follow up post in 4 days. My issue was not the outcome of the game but rather the BULL ISHT officiating which butt fkked A team who showed up and played with as much heart as their competitors. I EXPECT the commissioner to be posing for pictures with his favorite players...and then that "favorite player's " team to win it all in the muff-huggin' NBA...but I THOUGHT football had considerably more integrity.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-07-2013   #15
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-ing The Truth View Post
You've yet to either earn the right to speak to me directly or to refer to me in the 3rd person rook. Be gone peasant.
You can run but you can't hide from the truth Dude......
Old 02-07-2013   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
You can run but you can't hide from the truth Dude......
How I mistreat the serfs is my own affair good sir. Shouldn't you be ignoring some eggegious act committed by Ray Lewis or something or carving a marble statue of the greatest quarterback to ever pick up a football aka Joe Flacco or sumthin? In fact you should petition that the NFL disband as no other player will ever surpass Flacco's infalibility and every other team will be pale shadows of the 2012 Carrion...I mean Ravens. I will happily sign your petition sir.

Last edited by Dread-Head; 02-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2013   #17
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
How I mistreat the serfs is my own affair good sir. Shouldn't you be ignoring some eggegious act committed by Ray Lewis or something or carving a marble state of the greatest quarterback to ever pick up a football aka Joe Flacco or sumthin? In fact you should petition that the NFL disband as no other player will ever surpass Flacco's infalibility and every other team will be pale shadows of the 2012 Carrion...I mean Ravens. I will happily sign your petition sir.

Ha ha- that was pretty good...
Old 02-08-2013   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Ha ha- that was pretty good...
every so often I get a good one in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read