Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-08-2013   #21
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flacco is a JERK! Asks teammates to cheat on last play of the SB

I really don't understand why there's so much Flacco hate going around here lately. Pretty ridiculous to be bashing a QB that just won a Super Bowl when we have a QB who can't even play well in a Pro Bowl.

Imagine what Schaub would be saying in that situation, not that he'd get us there. Kubes wouldn't even be looking at the field and Marciano's garbage ST would probably give up a TD anyway.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #22
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #23
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I really don't understand why there's so much Flacco hate going around here lately. Pretty ridiculous to be bashing a QB that just won a Super Bowl when we have a QB who can't even play well in a Pro Bowl.

Imagine what Schaub would be saying in that situation, not that he'd get us there. Kubes wouldn't even be looking at the field and Marciano's garbage ST would probably give up a TD anyway.
For the record I started a thread in which I called him mediocre which in essence is saying that he's "average" or just plain "run of the mill." Calling someone "Average" isn't bashing. Saying:

A. He didn't belong in the NFL

or

B. That he was PATHOS INCARNATE and should never have picked up a football...

or

C. is such a miserable athlete he shouldn't be allowed to WATCH football...

would have been bashing. I said NONE of those things. I didn't even IMPLY such. I merely said I thought he was an average QB who isn't worth $100 million over five years. 100 million pesos, drachma, lira, ruples, dong Vietnamese Piasters....MAYBE but certainly not DOLLARS.

Thank you.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-08-2013   #24
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the thread about him being average. I'd rather have Flacco "wins playoff games and a Super Bowl" average than Schaub's brand of average any day of the week. Mario Williams gets paid $20M a year too so why shouldn't Flacco?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anybody paused for just a single second....and thought to themselves "Maybe he was joking..."?

The guy's amped up, he's about to win a SB, and he's jacking his jaw on the sideline "Hey, if they start a score a TD...go out there and tackle him! Tackle that guy! Can we do that? Hey, Yanda...go tackle the guy if he busts loose on us...." Yanda jokes back, "Why don't YOU?..." followed by laughter.

Please, people...stop it already.

I'm pretty sure Joe Flacco knows that nobody on that team would do that sort of thing. Occam's razor: He was amped up and being jovial, jacking his jaw and finding humor in the midst of tension.
Old 02-08-2013   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see the thread about him being average. I'd rather have Flacco "wins playoff games and a Super Bowl" average than Schaub's brand of average any day of the week. Mario Williams gets paid $20M a year too so why shouldn't Flacco?
No doubt.

Yeah, the "average" QB has 6 wins in road playoff games...oh wait...

The "average" QB throws 11 TDs and no INTs in four playoff games...oh wait...

The "average" QB earns a Super Bowl MVP...oh wait....

I'd like to have an "average" QB in a Texans uniform...
Old 02-08-2013   #27
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No doubt.

Yeah, the "average" QB has 6 wins in road playoff games...oh wait...

The "average" QB throws 11 TDs and no INTs in four playoff games...oh wait...

The "average" QB earns a Super Bowl MVP...oh wait....

I'd like to have an "average" QB in a Texans uniform...
•Flacco's nine playoff victories are tied with Tom Brady for the most ever by a quarterback in his first five seasons. Flacco also has the same number of postseason victories as Peyton Manning -- which is significant considering Flacco has played nine fewer seasons.

•Flacco has won 63 games, including the regular season and playoffs, since 2008. That's six more than anyone else during that same span, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are the closest to Flacco with 57 victories. Brees is third with 56.

•Flacco enjoyed a postseason for the ages. His 11 touchdowns tied the NFL record for most in a postseason. Joe Montana is the only other player in NFL history with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions in a postseason.

•His Total QBR of 95.1 was seven points higher than any other Super Bowl performance in the Total QBR era (since 2008). His rating topped those of Brees, Brady, Rodgers and both Manning brothers.

•Flacco completed 40 passes of at least 25 yards in the regular season. Only Brees (47) threw more than Flacco.

•Among quarterbacks with 500 pass attempts in 2012, Flacco had the third-fewest interceptions with 10. That ranks behind Brady and Rodgers, who had eight each. Flacco didn't throw an interception in his last 195 passes, a streak that spans seven games.

•Flacco has never missed a start in his five-year NFL career, a streak of 80 consecutive games. Only Eli Manning (135 games) and Philip Rivers (112) have longer streaks than Flacco.

•Flacco is the first quarterback in NFL history to win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons. He also has six career road playoff wins, which is the most in NFL postseason history (Eli Manning has five).

•Flacco has 15 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime. Four of them have come this season, including the AFC divisional playoff game in Denver. That's one fewer than Ben Roethlisberger during that same span.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2013   #28
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
•Flacco's nine playoff victories are tied with Tom Brady for the most ever by a quarterback in his first five seasons. Flacco also has the same number of postseason victories as Peyton Manning -- which is significant considering Flacco has played nine fewer seasons.

1. Tying isn't being undisputed.
2. In Brady's first five years he'd been to and WON three of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmhands
•Flacco has won 63 games, including the regular season and playoffs, since 2008. That's six more than anyone else during that same span, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are the closest to Flacco with 57 victories. Brees is third with 56.
Then he should have had a Superbowl ring for each year he's been in the NFL? Why doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham warmer
•Flacco enjoyed a postseason for the ages. His 11 touchdowns tied the NFL record for most in a postseason. Joe Montana is the only other player in NFL history with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions in a postseason.
Tying again isn't winning. Because we all know that the number "5" looks JUST like the number "16". Also when Montana played you could still knock the piss out of a QB. Joe Montana also has FOUR Superbowl rings. Let defenses play the same way they did in the 80s/90s and Brady and Manning wouldn't have such impressive stats and your boy Flacco definitely wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Christian Anderssen
•His Total QBR of 95.1 was seven points higher than any other Super Bowl performance in the Total QBR era (since 2008). His rating topped those of Brees, Brady, Rodgers and both Manning brothers.
(gasp) You mean...there were performances which proved to be BETTER!? HERESEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm hands...
•Flacco completed 40 passes of at least 25 yards in the regular season. Only Brees (47) threw more than Flacco.
Not saying a thing...but last I checked 47 > 40. My math isn't that great, I'm pretty sure that's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacco's Agent
•Flacco has 15 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime. Four of them have come this season, including the AFC divisional playoff game in Denver. That's one fewer than Ben Roethlisberger during that same span.
I'm sorry. I didn't catch that? One fewer than WHO? I didn't get that name.

tee hee
Old 02-08-2013   #29
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'd rather have a scarecrow behind center than Schaub at least it would be more mobile.

Q: What's the difference between Matt Schaub and an eight year old girl?

A: The eight year old girl has an EXCUSE to throw like an eight year old girl and probably would do a better job getting outside the pocket when she had to.
Old 02-08-2013   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Again, taking 5 seconds to think about it, if tackling from the sideline could give a competative advantage, like possibly getting a penalty and forcing them to kick or drive the ball, don't you think teams would have taken advantage of it by now??
Teams most likely have thought about it...like holding in the end zone knowing its a safety no matter what. My point being that what's the harm? Refs are idiots about their own rules sometimes. I'm sure half the players don't know them. They were about to win a SB. If he's not joking and does it, what will it harm besides him being a goof. It just puts it in the refs hands. Honestly, I doubt any player would ever do it. But at the time I don't think it was stupid for a player to be running every scenario through his head.
Old 02-08-2013   #31
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Again, taking 5 seconds to think about it, if tackling from the sideline could give a competative advantage, like possibly getting a penalty and forcing them to kick or drive the ball, don't you think teams would have taken advantage of it by now??
Take 5 seconds and think about how many times, in NFL history has a Super Bowl been on the line and this "scenario" has presented itself to "take advantage" of, as you say...

A: Flacco was more than likely joking about the statement....*poof* Here is a Mountain made from a mole hill....

B: There is no difference in what Flacco was taking about and the Ravens offensive line purposely holding the SF players, on the goal line, so that the punter could run around the endzone to kill the clock, because had holding been called, guess what, it's still a safety...

You play to win the game, and if it means taking the rules to their limits, while still being under the rules, where is the harm and foul?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. The stupid Ravens won the super bowl, let's get over it, OK?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
You play to win the game, and if it means taking the rules to their limits, while still being under the rules, where is the harm and foul?
I don't understand the logic to this argument. That is equivalent to saying if you are willing to do life in prison murder is OK. Hand play between DB's nad WR's is pushing the rules. Advocating a 12th player come off the sideline is not pushing the rules to their limits.

I am not calling Flacco a jerk over this but it shouldn't have been said.
Old 02-08-2013   #34
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't understand the logic to this argument. That is equivalent to saying if you are willing to do life in prison murder is OK. Hand play between DB's nad WR's is pushing the rules. Advocating a 12th player come off the sideline is not pushing the rules to their limits.

I am not calling Flacco a jerk over this but it shouldn't have been said.
Maybe, but in what blue hell is murder even remotely equivalent or in the same ball park to stretching a rule in a sporting event? Seriously?

That, my friend, was a bad example

but again this whole thread is simply

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Logic can be debated regardless the size of the hill.
Old 02-08-2013   #36
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

We all say things we don't mean, especially when we're hyped up and/or trying to hype up our team. When I played ball, I used to tell our linebackers to "rip his head off." Thank god there were no mics around me then. It's just a way to tell the team they NEED to make that tackle.

I doubt Flacco literally wants players to run off the bench and tackle the returner. He's just emphasizing how crucial it is to stop them.
Old 02-08-2013   #37
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

He is the anti-cushing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...c-CNZ9zc#t=16s
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #38
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

1. Tying isn't being undisputed.
2. In Brady's first five years he'd been to and WON three of these

Then he should have had a Superbowl ring for each year he's been in the NFL? Why doesn't he?

Tying again isn't winning. Because we all know that the number "5" looks JUST like the number "16". Also when Montana played you could still knock the piss out of a QB. Joe Montana also has FOUR Superbowl rings. Let defenses play the same way they did in the 80s/90s and Brady and Manning wouldn't have such impressive stats and your boy Flacco definitely wouldn't.

(gasp) You mean...there were performances which proved to be BETTER!? HERESEY!

Not saying a thing...but last I checked 47 > 40. My math isn't that great, I'm pretty sure that's right.

I'm sorry. I didn't catch that? One fewer than WHO? I didn't get that name.

tee hee
Obviously reading comprehension is a strength with you
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #39
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wow. The stupid Ravens won the super bowl, let's get over it, OK?
This. Flacco stepped his game up when it mattered. Kubiak and Schaub didn't. Texans take an early exit. Ravens win the SB.

Soak up your tears, fellas. This is like female nagging.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Has anybody paused for just a single second....and thought to themselves "Maybe he was joking..."?
Lawd...
what is the world coming to,
no one moved off the bench so why is this worthy of repeating, much less discussion...

and what's worse, you people have me agreeing GP!

...I hate the off-season
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read