Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is it just me

jacquescas

Veteran
Is it just me or have we had the first player signed in each of the 4 years we have been here... i know we did in 2002 when carr had agreeed to a contract before the draft.... This year we started things off with Pettway and i think at least in one of the other years we had kicked something off... If not we might have been the first team to get all our picks signed...

regardless much kudos to the front office for having 3 great years of signing picks and drafting signable players, we have yet to have a hold out knock on wood... i wonder what the statisics are for other teams, what the average number of holdouts and days missed are per team, the best and the worst.

We weren't the first team to sign a draft pick this year. I recall hearing that Arizona reached an agreement with Lance Mitchell before we signed Pettway, and there were a few other signings as well. However, our FO is usually pretty good about getting all our picks signed pretty quickly, and it's true that we haven't had a hold out yet. Let's hope this trend continues. We should see some of the later round picks start to sign deals pretty soon, and I would expect all of our picks to be signed by mid to late July.

We've been extremely fortunate to have all draft picks signed in time for training camp and not to have any veterans holdout from training camp. The front office has done a fantastic job in getting contracts negotiated.

jacquescas said:
Is it just me or have we had the first player signed in each of the 4 years we have been here... i know we did in 2002 when carr had agreeed to a contract before the draft.... This year we started things off with Pettway and i think at least in one of the other years we had kicked something off... If not we might have been the first team to get all our picks signed...

regardless much kudos to the front office for having 3 great years of signing picks and drafting signable players, we have yet to have a hold out knock on wood... i wonder what the statisics are for other teams, what the average number of holdouts and days missed are per team, the best and the worst.
Actually the Steelers have 4 of their 8 picks signed and they were 4 of the first five draft picks to sign period. AZ had the other one.

Back