Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2013   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Deion Sanders on Concussions: It's to make money

a) How does this guy have a job commenting on anything? b) Guy is a moron and c) I wish there was some kind of announcing Survivor island where if you say enough stupid things you just get voted off and we never have to hear your comments again d) Of course Deion doesn't know about concussions, he never hit anyone to get one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1441--nfl.html

Quote:
What Sanders said during Sunday's pregame show, however, may have proven to be Prime Time's low point. Despite player safety being the league's No. 1 talking point for much of the last year, Sanders scoffed at the suggestion that the NFL has a concussion problem and blamed former players for trying to capitalize off the issue.

Worse yet, he later took to Twitter to question whether brain trauma played any role in Junior Seau's suicide last year. As Deadspin notes, it would appear that Sanders has morphed into some sort of concussion "truther."

"The game is a safe game, the equipment is better," Sanders said on the NFL Network set. "I don't buy all these guys coming back with these concussions. I'm not buying all that. Half these guys are trying to make money off the deal. That's real talk. That's really how it is. I wish they'd be honest and tell the truth because it's keeping kids away from our game."

As for Seau's suicide, here's what he said to a Twitter follower who questioned Sanders' ill-advised take on concussions and brain trauma. (Sanders has since removed the tweet.)

DeionSanders ✔ @DeionSanders

@NotTheFakeAdam u ever wonder why u never of heard the problem b4 the end. Im on the inside looking out. You're outside looking in. Think
Old 02-05-2013   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Deion Sanders on Concussions: It's to make money

I can probably agree that half the players involved in the suit are looking for money, but the rest? Dude's off his rocker. To be honest, both he and Irvin have almost ruined my favorite channel. I literally used watch every evening, but these guys just piss me off to no end. Especially Irvin, the dude has to still be high by the way he acts sometimes
Old 02-05-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Because Deion Sanders never put a hit on anybody in his career.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Because Deion Sanders never put a hit on anybody in his career.
True, but players don't play technique anymore they lead with their shoulder/head trying to make a huge hit instead of just making the tackle. I like a hard hit more than anyone else but the number of guys going in shoulder/head first is much higher than it ever was.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #5
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

lawsuits are about money, they can be about other things too but its about money as well. Not to mention that serious health risk should have been rather obvious to the players given the nature of their work. That being said if the NFL discovered information and didnt disclose it they are at fault and will have to pay.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
True, but players don't play technique anymore they lead with their shoulder/head trying to make a huge hit instead of just making the tackle. I like a hard hit more than anyone else but the number of guys going in shoulder/head first is much higher than it ever was.
True. When I played high school ball all we did was learn technique. Head across the chest, wrap up and explode with the hips. We were in trouble if we lowered our head....just because you could get paralyzed and cause injuries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read