Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What is a reasonable price for Connor Barwin?
$2M/yr 24 26.09%
$3M/yr 33 35.87%
$4M/yr 26 28.26%
$5M/yr 6 6.52%
$6M/yr 2 2.17%
$7M/yr 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2013   #181
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Connor Barwin thanks Texans' fans and many others in newspaper ad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Class act all the way by Connor. Just one question though, I thought the Chronicle was the only paper in Houston ?
I would've expected him to run it through the Houston Press of all the papers.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #182
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Connor Barwin thanks Texans' fans and many others in newspaper ad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I would've expected him to run it through the Houston Press of all the papers.
Heh, what he said. Chronicle is the only MAJOR paper. Houston Press is a small press that has some rather off the wall things inside at times that match C.B.'s personality perfectly. You're not going to find the latest world news in the Press in other words but you will find things that will make you blink. Well, if you aren't use to some of the ads and such in there lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #183
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin? *UPDATE* Signed by Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
One last word from Barwin......
I am a bit disappointed he did not thank his mother.
Old 03-28-2013   #184
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did he just thank Blaine Gabbert for boosting his sack totals a year ago? That would be funny.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #185
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Did he just thank Blaine Gabbert for boosting his sack totals a year ago? That would be funny.
Yes, yes he did. That's my favorite.

Pretty cool thing for CB98 to do. I wish him the best in Philly
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #186
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

"And Shaun Cody" was the smallest print on the whole page.
Those 2 were a pair, and you'd think would remain good friends in the future even though they are no longer on the same team.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #187
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin is a good dude. He just wasn't what this team needed. And I doubt he replicates his 11 sack season. But I will be rooting for him, and even harder when he plays the cowgals.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2013   #188
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The small print for Cody was a joke, which is way funnier now that someone has to explain it.

And did someone resurrect the Houston Post, or was that a typo?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #189
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The small print for Cody was a joke, which is way funnier now that someone has to explain it.

And did someone resurrect the Houston Post, or was that a typo?
No he said Houston PRESS. It is the paper of choice for the kinda avant garde', left-ish (not leftIST), young, Urbanite types. The correct term is "Alternative Newpaper". I used to pick it up like clockwork when I was out & about on a regular basis to check out what was happening for the weekend. They used to have (and maybe still do, I'm OLD now and no longer part of that demographic) good restaurant and movie reviews and the latest info on local hotspots, clubs, local bands, and concerts. And as someone above mentioned, you have to be open minded when you get to some of the ads. They even tried to have some lowdown on the local politico scene. But don't go there looking for sports info; they don't really do that.

Yeah, I can totally see Barwin hanging with the Houston Press types.

Edit:
Are you familiar with Austin360.com or Austin Chronicle? It's like that.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #190
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 1845 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No he said Houston PRESS. It is the paper of choice for the kinda avant garde', left-ish (not leftIST), young, Urbanite types. The correct term is "Alternative Newpaper". I used to pick it up like clockwork when I was out & about on a regular basis to check out what was happening for the weekend. They used to have (and maybe still do, I'm OLD now and no longer part of that demographic) good restaurant and movie reviews and the latest info on local hotspots, clubs, local bands, and concerts. And as someone above mentioned, you have to be open minded when you get to some of the ads. They even tried to have some lowdown on the local politico scene. But don't go there looking for sports info; they don't really do that.

Edit:

They still have all of that.
Coolhandsluke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #191
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Classy move and I wish him the best in Philly.
Old 03-28-2013   #192
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple friends of mine met him outside the Elton John concert tonight. Said he was a real cool guy and had nothing but good things to say about Houston and the Texans.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #193
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
A couple friends of mine met him outside the Elton John concert tonight. Said he was a real cool guy and had nothing but good things to say about Houston and the Texans.
He seemed like he really enjoyed Houston and everything it had to offer. Bars, clubs, museums, restaurants, etc. He would have been a good ambassador for the city except he wasn't any good on the field this season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #194
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I always liked Barwin's humor and him as a player. I won't miss the "Bulls on Parade" theme, but I don't understand people's "good riddance" attitude based on one down season.
Do you root for your ex when they go into the arms of another?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #195
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Do you root for your ex when they go into the arms of another?
Well, considering Barwin said he'd probably have stayed here if the Texans had offered the same money - doesn't that make the Texans the ones who left him?
Old 03-28-2013   #196
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Edit:
I think that's the same paper I used to pick up at the record stores (when those existed) when I lived in Houston. I'd always check it for live music shows downtown.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read