Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2005   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default For my Carr Haters....

Name this QB in the comparison to Carr, as far as stats go!!!

Player "X" David Carr
ATT (474) (466)
Comp (288) (285)
PCT. (60.8) (61.2)
Yards (3,692) (3,531)
AVG. (7.79) (7.58)
TD "28" (16)
INT (14) (14)
Long (50yrd) (69yrd)
Rating (92.6) (83.5)
Sacks (26) (49)

Player "X" happens to be two-time Super Bowl QB Tom Brady. The gist of this email is to remind those haters out there, this is still a young franchise, with a more than capable QB, if given the right tools around him. Not many are going to be Dan Marino or Peyton Manning and put up HUGE numbers every year, but given the right talent around them, and an offensive line that protects, there are some that could be Joe Montana or Troy Aikman-like!(Look at Big-Ben!!!) Carr is well on his way, as long as the protection is there, our receiving corp develops, and a healthy backfield takes pressure off of long 3rd down attempts. He has shown the strong arm, guts, and has the intelligence to know what to do when given time. With all that said, look for Davie Franchise to have a breakout year, and get mentioned for Pro Bowl honors. Possibly attending with Johnson, Robinson, and Peek!
Old 06-17-2005   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

Those are some nice stats. Kinda hard to argue with that. Now imagine what Carr could do if his sack number was closer to Brady.
Old 06-17-2005   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always backed David Carr. I never thought he was the main reason for our problems on offense. I think if he can get decent protection and find a dependable no.2 threat this season, his numbers and the team will be great.
Old 06-17-2005   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitt,

Nice post,

Hey, unless I am reading your stats wrong, you have David's TD/INT ratio incorrect. Carr had 16 TD's with 14 INT's. The way I am reading it, you have both at 16.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #5
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Thanks

Thanks TP, your right! Carr acutally had 14 INT's, so I might have hurt the thread a bit....lol But when you think of Carr being sacked so often and throwing under so much pressure, it's a wonder the TD-INT stat wasn't the other way around or worse!!!
Old 06-17-2005   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
But when you think of Carr being sacked so often and throwing under so much pressure, it's a wonder the TD-INT stat wasn't the other way around or worse!!!

You got that right brother. . . you got that right!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It's fixed for you now.
Old 06-17-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent post, pittbull.

I shall use these numbers in my continuing effort to education those haters out there.

I've never understood the point of slamming DC, considering the extremely tough position he was put in from the beginning. I feel certain that whatever veteran QB we could have picked up in the first year would have suffered the same fate of 76 sacks.
Old 06-17-2005   #9
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Carr is awesome! You put him on say the Ravens they are a desnity!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #10
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
Carr is awesome! You put him on say the Ravens they are a desnity!
I believe that'd be a dYnasty
Old 06-17-2005   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Those are some nice stats. Kinda hard to argue with that. Now imagine what Carr could do if his sack number was closer to Brady.
Imagine what our win total would be like if his TD total was closer as well! ..maybe we can kidnap an O-Line somewhere..
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Those numbers don't mean much of anything. If you put Aaron brooks, Matt Hasslebeck's, and Jake Plummer's raw numbers up they will probably look better than Tom Brady's over the last three or four years.

I am one of those who is called a Carr hater, because I think carr is a starting NFL quality QB in the range of Brooks or Plummer. Carr still does not make consistent enough good decisions and is below average in pocket awareness, but is able to off set that with an above average arm, tough and better than expected running ability, and good leadreship skills. I just don't think he is elite and consistent. Like the guys mention above Carr can put up probowl type seasons, but will not do it year in, year out.

I taking the bait for this trip, and already know that Carr needs a better OL, a real 2nd Wr and more experience according to the normal rebuttals when these discussion goes on.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He has the tools to do the job, He needs protection to give them time to get open, We were better at the run last year and I believe that was because you have to start something before you can learn it. We went into a completely new line scheme with the zone blocking. I believe we will do alot better this year and David should have some time to see his recievers.
I see a break out year coming and I will be there front and center.
Old 06-17-2005   #14
Davis37
All Pro

When Carr has time he can be amazing. Look back that the Minnesota game last year. Late in the game when Carr actually had time to go through his progressions, he picked the def apart. Im not saying that Carr is the next Montana, but I think if we ever fix the OL and get him a good #2 WR he could become the probowl QB everybody wants.
Old 06-17-2005   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I have some odd feeling carr will have more time this year, even though we have the same O-Line as last year.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #16
Davis37
All Pro

If the running game is as good as it was at the end of the year last year, then he should have a much better year. If the def has to key in on the running game, then it will open up alot of things for Carr and the WR's. Play action should buy Carr alot of time also.
Old 06-18-2005   #17
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

I like Carr. I find myself defending him alot these days though. And I'm having to with people who know their football. He does lack some tools like pocket presence but Marino lacked escapability. I had an argument with a guy for at least a half hour cuz he thought he was a sissy cuz he wore his wedding ring on the field and because he does'nt cuss. I thought my ears were gonna start bleeding. I'd would like to see the Texans get a back-up next year that will get his butt scared though. That is unless he goes for 4000+ with 24+ TD's >10 Int's and 20-24 sax with 'bout 200-250 yrd rushing (scrambling). Alot of you guys might be thinking...whoa, that's TOO many yards rushing but with our O-Line....C'mon. Besides, he's got the ability. He might as well use it. As long as he can remember to slide.
Old 06-18-2005   #18
Davis37
All Pro

Its hard to have pocket presence when there isnt a pocket...
Old 06-18-2005   #19
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
Very true!!
Old 06-18-2005   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
Very true, but there are times when he could learn to slide one or two steps to assist the OL instead of going into full flight mode. Lord knows he has reason to run screaming much of the time but he could improve in this area.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read