Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFF Signature Stats: Yards Per Route Run

Full Story and Stats
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...per-route-run/

A Johnson leads league in Yards Per Route Run
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFF Signature Stats: Yards Per Route Run

When CJ broke the single season yard mark this year, I made a similar comment about the efficiency rate between him and AJ. AJ caught 68% of the passes thrown at him with nearly the same YPC, while CJ caught only 60%, so if you gave AJ the same number of targets as CJ, he would have been over 2000 yards this year. AJ is doing pretty damn well considering his age and past injury, he's still easily top 3 in the game.
Old 01-24-2013   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope he's not the Texans version of arl Campbell. Great player that deserves a shot at a championship on a team that just can't get over the hump.
Old 01-24-2013   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing less surprising than AJ being #1 is Walter being near the bottom. The dude's wheels fell off and he gets no separation. If we had the same Walter from 2009, this team probably wins 2 more games and gets to face NE at home in the playoffs.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The only thing less surprising than AJ being #1 is Walter being near the bottom. The dude's wheels fell off and he gets no separation. If we had the same Walter from 2009, this team probably wins 2 more games and gets to face NE at home in the playoffs.
I don't see that as surprising at all. Sad that he's still starting, but not surprising.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
When CJ broke the single season yard mark this year, I made a similar comment about the efficiency rate between him and AJ. AJ caught 68% of the passes thrown at him with nearly the same YPC, while CJ caught only 60%, so if you gave AJ the same number of targets as CJ, he would have been over 2000 yards this year. AJ is doing pretty damn well considering his age and past injury, he's still easily top 3 in the game.
I remember it and it was an excellent post. People acting like AJ is an over the hill gimp are delusional.
Old 01-29-2013   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I remember it and it was an excellent post. People acting like AJ is an over the hill gimp are delusional.
Just think what he could do with a real QB.
Old 01-29-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Just think what he could do with a real QB.
I haven't ever seen an NFL WR on pace for 1500 yds every single year they are without a real QB. Can you point out some?
Old 01-29-2013   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I haven't ever seen an NFL WR on pace for 1500 yds every single year they are without a real QB. Can you point out some?
AJ. I prefer to think AJ is a badass over Schaub being a "real" QB. I exaggerate, of course, but AJ is just that awesome.
Old 01-30-2013   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
AJ. I prefer to think AJ is a badass over Schaub being a "real" QB. I exaggerate, of course, but AJ is just that awesome.
I don't think it's an exaggeration. If we ever heard the words "hit the receiver in stride" AJ would easily have another 20 yds per game.
Old 01-31-2013   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll go with,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Andre Johnson.
Old 02-01-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, I'm seeing things I never saw before in this "new" NFL.

But I've never seen a QB throw for over 4,000 yards in 3 out of 4 seasons, posting a winning record over that time & be hated so much.

I do not give a sht about Matt Schaub but I call a spade a spade, a duck a duck, & one of the better QBs in the league over the last 4 years one of the best QBs in the league over the last 4 years.

If he's got an injury that's preventing him from being as good as he has been in the past, that's one thing. Still no reason to hate on the guy. But I'm not convinced that he's suffering from his LisFranc.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read