Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Falcons Enter Discussions On Possible Move To Los Angeles

Vinny

shiny happy fan
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) – The Atlanta Falcons have entered into the discussion for a possible move to Los Angeles if the team does not seek funds to build a new stadium.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank has reportedly told Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed that he has been approached by L.A. officials about moving the franchise to the second-largest market in the country, according to FOX Atlanta.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/falcons-enter-discussions-on-possible-move-to-los-angeles/

extortion
noun (Concise Encyclopedia)

Unlawful exaction of money or property through intimidation or undue exercise of authority. It may include threats of physical harm, criminal prosecution, or public exposure. Some forms of threat, especially those made in writing, are occasionally singled out for separate statutory treatment as blackmail. See also bribery.

Will it EVER end???! LA messed up, thank goodness, and should stop trying to steal someone elses team!! Support the THREE other teams in that god forsaken state!! If they want to move the Chargers or Raiders than FINE, but, leave the Niners alone!! NO WAY in hell does that State deserve FOUR NFL teams, JMO!

Falcons willing to pony up $800 million for the new stadium & two thirds of the outstanding debt on the old stadium. City would issue about $200 million in bonds.

If Atlanta walks away from that deal they deserve to lose their NFL franchise, IMO.

Falcons willing to pony up $800 million for the new stadium & two thirds of the outstanding debt on the old stadium. City would issue about $200 million in bonds.

If Atlanta walks away from that deal they deserve to lose their NFL franchise, IMO.

That is cheap as hell for a city these days. If the city doesn't want to pay for it, then by all means the Falcons should seek other options.

Shoot, man, for that price, Houston should think about getting a 2nd team! :D

If ANY team moves to L.A., it should be the Cowboys!

the L.A. C:zipit:wboys just sound so FAAAABULOUS doesn't it?
:thinking: I wonder if they'd call themselves the midnight Cowboys.

the L.A. C:zipit:wboys just sound so FAAAABULOUS doesn't it?

I can see it:
villagepeople.gif

La fans have proven that they won't support a pro team. But go ahead see what happens. If I were the jags owner I'd want to first in line out of That dump. A half empty la coliseum is better than a quarter empty jvillw municipal field I guess.

The more I think about this, it's pretty disgusting. I am not THAT old and I remember them playing in Fulton County Stadium. 20 years is very young in stadium years. I remember the Georgia Dome opening and all of the hoopla around it. To me this is utter BS. What the heck does he expect them to do with the Georgia Dome??

Imagine Bob McNair demanding a new stadium and threatening to move 10 years from now. 10 years will fly by, the first 10 years did.

La fans have proven that they won't support a pro team. But go ahead see what happens. If I were the jags owner I'd want to first in line out of That dump. A half empty la coliseum is better than a quarter empty jvillw municipal field I guess.

He's probably waiting to see if the Falcons move to LA, so he jump up to Atlanta.

And, you're right, LA doesn't give a hoot about football.

Will it EVER end???! LA messed up, thank goodness, and should stop trying to steal someone elses team!! Support the THREE other teams in that god forsaken state!! If they want to move the Chargers or Raiders than FINE, but, leave the Niners alone!! NO WAY in hell does that State deserve FOUR NFL teams, JMO!

The Niners are safely in the Bay Area for the foreseeable future. Their new digs in Santa Clara is shaping up nicely (though I dislike the design).

http://newsantaclarastadium.com/live-view

This is why there's not a franchise in LA. The existing franchises need to use LA to intimidate their current cities. The Falcons will get their new stadium (with a promise of a Super Bowl), and the next team that needs a stadium will get friendly with Los Angeles.

Back