Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-31-2013   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's post senior Bowl Mock

WR position is a wildcard end of first round, several in discussion including Austin & Hunter. Pretty positive Short improved his draft stock up from borderline to definite 1st rd. grade. Much better prospect than Poe last year who was a top 15 pick or earlier.

When I get some time will try to update 1st rd. Right after the Superbowl would be a good time.

Thanks BB!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's post senior Bowl Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Martin should make the team next season, Posey spend the season on IR, and Jean should start TC on the bubble. Jean should also be made very aware that his job is on the line here, hopefully that turns into motivations. I do not want a trade up in the 1st. There's very little talent in this draft that I would say is on an elite level, but alot of talent that is very good - good. A trade up in the 1st round is prohibitively expensive and the talent level just isn't there this year to justify such a trade. The value in this draft is in the 2nd round where trade ups are not near as expensive. I think we should keep our own 2nd round pick but also find a way to move up and get an early 2nd as well, something in the 33-39 range. Barring some unforeseen run on WR, I think there will be some very good WR talent available to us at our own 2nd round pick. I think guys like Aaron Dobson, Cobi Hamilton, DaRick Rogers, possibly Justin Hunter, and my personal favorite Quinton Patton could be available to us at #57. Obviously the Combine will change everyone's list and the players that are available, but 3 picks in the first 2 rounds would help alot, NT, WR, OT/OG.

I agree something got into Schaubs head after the ***** slap that we took from the Packers. I'd like to handcuff Schaub and JJ Watt together during the offseason so that Schaub is forced to spend hours in the gym and hopefully become more athletic in the process. Maybe some of JJ's awesomeness would rub off on Matt.
Just to clarify, my mention of trade up was for second round not first as we did with 3& 5 for Pats #28 getting Harris. I think a trade out of first to top 8 or so gets you a need + another pick (3rd?).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read