Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2005   #1
erickwsmom
Rookie

Default Robinson ranked #8

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/positi...ankings/DEF/CB

Quote:
8. Dunta Robinson, Texans Normally, we shy away from rookies, but this guy could be extraordinary. He has great ball skills and rarely is beaten. Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles. "He is the complete package," said one scout.
erickwsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

Shows that our last 2 1st round picks are worthy of that selection. Where is Carr???
Is he worthy?
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles"
That's about that same as saying Earl Campbell didn't shy away from contact
with DBs. Like Earl, D-Rob actively seeks out contact, he just plain looks for
it. Pound for pound, he's gotta be the hardest hitter I've ever seen. If he was a 200 pounder they'd have to make him illegal.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Yea, he's was awesome watch last year. Let's hope he can parlay that into his sophomore campaign (which I'm sure he will). He may not be the hardest hitter I've seen but he does bring it every play!!
Old 06-17-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, I hope he backs off on trying to make the big hit and just makes the tackle. He isn't big enough to keep absorbing those big hits and while they are great to watch, sooner or later he will be injured. He does us more good on the field than in the rehab room. I think he will wind up being one of the recognised top corners for many years if he can stay healthy.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #6
Doom Capers
Veteran

Good for him! D-Rob will D-stroy in 05.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #7
Davis37
All Pro

I cant wait for the season to start!!! I wanna see DROB lay the smack down on Manning again!
Old 06-17-2005   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

8. Dunta Robinson, Texans Normally, we shy away from rookies, but this guy could be extraordinary. He has great ball skills and rarely is beaten. Plus, he doesn't shy away from making tackles. "He is the complete package," said one scout.

Well this should put to rest that Dunta belongs as one of the top ten DB in the league.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #9
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114

Well this should put to rest that Dunta belongs as one of the top ten DB in the league.

I was thinking the same thing! To hell with all of the "nay sayers" in the other post as to where DROB belongs. IMHO, that is a great assesment to his talent and to where he ranks after a "rookie" year and still adjusting to the NFL and to a new team. My hat is off to him for his skills and his impact as an elite player in our secondary. MUCH LOVE!
Old 06-17-2005   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Frankly, I hope he backs off on trying to make the big hit and just makes the tackle. He isn't big enough to keep absorbing those big hits and while they are great to watch, sooner or later he will be injured. He does us more good on the field than in the rehab room. I think he will wind up being one of the recognised top corners for many years if he can stay healthy.
Yea, I agree with that EDO. As much as I get a kick out of seeing him dish it
out, he worries me to because he's takin a lot of punishment from guys often quite a bit bigger than him. He just may not be big enough to keep on tickin if
he keeps tackling the way he does. Afterall, his biggest value to us is as a cover corner.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do we as a fan base bag on our team so much? It's hard to find a thread of Houston Texans fans not hammering one of our own.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #12
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Why do we as a fan base bag on our team so much? It's hard to find a thread of Houston Texans fans not hammering one of our own.
I have found that it's like that everywhere with every team, until you win the Big One.
Old 06-17-2005   #13
SESupergenius

Quote:
I for one am still a little bitter from all the off-season planning we've done. As camp starts I'm sure a lot of this will wear off, but I'm too ready with the fork to stick something right now.
Old 06-17-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I have found that it's like that everywhere with every team, until you win the Big One.
I read them all since I treat running this place like a real job...I find we are one of the least optimistic message board fan bases of the teams on the rise. I'm ready for some football too Ses.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Vinny, you know humans complain by nature! Always something they would have done different or some idea they would have used rather than trusting what the organization is doing. As to the poster who says he would like to see DROB tone it down a notch, I don't think he has those capabilities. He's a "balls to the wall" kinda player and I think that is the reason why he was on the list. His hitting skills are eventually going to make people hear his foot steps when they catch the ball and in turn cause mistakes. He makes up for his size with his contact skills. I say don't change a thing....
Old 06-17-2005   #16
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I read them all since I treat running this place like a real job...I find we are one of the least optimistic message board fan bases of the teams on the rise. I'm ready for some football too Ses.
Really, that sux. They need to start winning so we can stop whinning.
Old 06-17-2005   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
As to the poster who says he would like to see DROB tone it down a notch, I don't think he has those capabilities. He's a "balls to the wall" kinda player and I think that is the reason why he was on the list.
I didn't really mean he should "Tone it down" as far as effort or playmaking, but to go for the tackle rather than trying to make a big hit on a back that out weighs him by 20-40 pounds or more. Let the LBs make the big statement hits as they are big enough to absorb that sort of punishment game to game. If he keeps doing the big hit thing he WILL get hurt and I can GARANTEE there will be a thread started by someone saying "Why didn't our coaching staff train him to tackle" or some other such nonsense. I like the intensity and he can come up and make good solid tackles that will keep people from coming his way without have to challenge the big guys heads up.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I didn't really mean he should "Tone it down" as far as effort or playmaking, but to go for the tackle rather than trying to make a big hit on a back that out weighs him by 20-40 pounds or more. Let the LBs make the big statement hits as they are big enough to absorb that sort of punishment game to game. If he keeps doing the big hit thing he WILL get hurt and I can GARANTEE there will be a thread started by someone saying "Why didn't our coaching staff train him to tackle" or some other such nonsense. I like the intensity and he can come up and make good solid tackles that will keep people from coming his way without have to challenge the big guys heads up.
all I can say to that is this...when you start playing to avoid the injury, you increase your risk of injury.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #19
cadahnic
All Pro

Off the message board bashing, I would like to say congrats to D-Rob and A.J. for getting noticed on a our team. This year is a good year for a linebacker and a certain hairy QB to get their asses in gear. I look forward to good things and much more pessimism when training camp starts.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

D-Rob has some big hits in that small but stout frame, i feel sorry for manning this coming season ALREADY (hope he dont cry)
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read