Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt answer to our redzone problems?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
JJ Watt just went out for a pass at WR in the pro bowl. I like the idea with an offseason of reps. I think he'd have success like Mike Vrabel for New England!

Why or how would he all of a sudden become the answer to our RZ problems? Sure he could maybe make a play or something, but he would never be a consistent paly making threat there. Really crazy idea.

Good idea. Watt has played TE and he has good size and athleticism. Im pretty sure he'd be able to block lb's as well.

Doubtful kubiak would donsomething outside of the box like that though.

Why or how would he all of a sudden become the answer to our RZ problems? Sure he could maybe make a play or something, but he would never be a consistent paly making threat there. Really crazy idea.

Mike Vrabel seemed to be consistently effective in the redzone for New England. Watt is a larger superior athlete that used to play TE.

the receivers in the redzone isn't the problem...

It's the guy throwing them the ball that is the problem...

JJ Watt didn't attempt a pass in the Pro Bowl did he?

If it ain't broke? While I agree JJ doesn't need to play offense, our Red Zone offense is as broke as MC Hammer.

My point was, you don't "fix" something by dismantling what DOES work.

The O HAS to do something, no denying that, but NOT by picking a player like JJ, a man who is at the TOP of his game.... to fill a position that isn't guaranteed to get you anything more than what you have.

Would he do a better job? Im sure he would, seems everything the man touches turns to gold, but how big a hole does it leave on the D side with him pulled.

Causing one problem to solve another in this case is regressive thinking, not progressive.

The best regular season we have had is probably going to be followed by the worst offseason.

I wouldn't be against letting him get in there inside the 10. I just don't wanna see him regularly playing offense.

Back