Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What position of need is easiest to upgrade via Free Agency?

Not sure about easiest since I'm not totally aware of the players who will truly be free agents who will resign with their respective teams. The one position I think that should be addressed if possible in free agency though is WR. Reason being is that it is one of the more difficult positions to develop via the draft. They need a young playmaker but unless that drafted prospect is rather exceptionally talented and a quick learner since we know how Kubes can be on that aspect, they won't contribute much.

So if they can get a veteran guy that cuts down on the developmental process and gets it where he just needs to learn the intangibles of the offense. And like many players say, most of these systems are actually quite similar but the lingo differs.

Currently looks like some decent prospects will be free agents at WR and OT so that could be something to look at.

After HOU signs their own FAs that they can, We can take the top 5-6 guys from each FA category and remove them from our hope list. I am hoping some Cap Magic can be performed and at least 1 impact FA can be signed to the Texans.
OLB
or
WR would be great.

After HOU signs their own FAs that they can, We can take the top 5-6 guys from each FA category and remove them from our hope list. I am hoping some Cap Magic can be performed and at least 1 impact FA can be signed to the Texans.
OLB
or
WR would be great.

I really do believe that we need to try and use Barwin's down year against him in negotiations and lock him up at a very team friendly deal this year.

You know that guy we were missing at ILB almost the whole year? Yeah well he takes a lot of responsibility off the shoulders of our OLB's, and I'm fed up of watching guys fail in Houston only to sign for another team where the talent around them allows them to shine.

I really do think with the return of Cush next season and an upgrade alongside him, and Sharpton and Bradie James still there backing it up, we'll suddenly see we have plenty of what we need at the OLB position.

The Te'o thing throws a cat amongst the pidgeons at the ILB position in the draft, the chances of someone they like, hell, even Te'o, being there a round or so lower than they had them rated grows. Lets adress the root problem of why our OLB's failed this season rather than just plugging in new OLB's and hope they can overcome that reason.

WR, yeah, go out and get a guy we like, doesn't need to be a flashy signing either, plenty of decent guys going to hit the market this season, but I just worry about whether the FO has their prototype set in the WR they are trying to capture, do they know what traits they are looking for the minute you can't simply rely on the numbers (sure-fire numbers likely take any WR out of our price range). I really get the impression that they're unsure of what they are looking for.

Safety is another position that we can upgrade pretty heftily, our 3rd Safety plays a heck of a lot of snaps and whilst Demps did great as a street FA in 2011, he wasn't anywhere near as impressive this season, we had a couple of young prospects in Nolan and Keo, Nolan was a waste of a few years and Keo still looks like a special teamer rather than a defender to me. I'm pretty sure you can resign Quin and get someone in with experience to upgrade that 3rd position.

I think this team improves as much as it needs to simply by tweaking things and getting low level FA's with the right skill-sets for the system. I don't see this big need to make a splash in FA at any position.

Punter! I miss The Hitman. I don't know what Marciano sees in guys like Turk & Jones.

PFF grades Jones the best punter this past season and he beats the 'Hitman' in most punting categories. I think the love fest for Hitman is just for him going down the field to make tackles which in truth you shouldn't really need or want your kicker doing. Other than that he did nothing exceptionally better than Jones

PFF grades Jones the best punter this past season and he beats the 'Hitman' in most punting categories. I think the love fest for Hitman is just for him going down the field to make tackles which in truth you shouldn't really need or want your kicker doing. Other than that he did nothing exceptionally better than Jones

Really? I guess I need to get better at evaluating punters. I was getting tired of seeing Jones shank punts, but maybe it didn't happen as often as I thought. I also loved Hartmann's ability to bomb one when needed.

Really? I guess I need to get better at evaluating punters. I was getting tired of seeing Jones shank punts, but maybe it didn't happen as often as I thought. I also loved Hartmann's ability to bomb one when needed.

I don't know if this is just me with a skewed eye-test, but it seemed to me this season as if the Texans O either bogged down early on drives or powered into scoring range. Is there a stat for average punting position available? The position the team punted from?

I didn't see too many of those situations where the Texans were punting around mid-field, just out of FG range, more where he had the space to get the yardage stats.

Jones has had plenty of good reviews round here throughout the season, but never really passed the eye test to me.

OLB
or
WR would be great.

The WR Free Agent class is crap. We have to figure out how to address WR via a trade or the Draft. Hopefully with Posey's injury they assume the worst and know that even though he was showing some potential, he is 2 years away from any kind of impact and thats assuming he can come back at all.

Daryl Washington - Arizona

It may take a little more money, but Cushing+Washington+Reed+Mercillus=success

Give me an RT or ILB thru FA .... Then WR , a 3rd S , NT and whichever RT or ILB you didnt get in FA thru the draft.

My list of needs would be RT , WR , S3 , ILB , NT in that order but is subject to change as FA plays out.

Yeah, the shanks were few and far between. I think the problem was sometimes they occurred during critical moments when the game was still close.

Hartmann was also good for plugging in during kickoffs to send it sailing across the endzone.

Give me Brian urlacher. A successful vet that adds experience, talent, credibility and versatility to the defense.

I'd make him priority number 1.

Instant credibility and leadership added to the locker room.

IMO, he'd be the perfect target. Not a strong ilb draft. Still good, could play 3 downs if necessary, good in pass coverage.

Cushing next to urlacher. Get er done Rick.

Give me Brian urlacher. A successful vet that adds experience, talent, credibility and versatility to the defense.

IMO, he'd be the perfect target. Not a strong ilb draft. Still good, could play 3 downs if necessary, good in pass coverage.

Urlacher not in a Bears uniform would look just weird... but I'd take him in a second! I'd think he's the type of guy to chase a championship before he calls it quits.

That would take a major discount on Urlacher's behalf imo. We would assume Urlacher would be the 2 down guy & DeMeco was too rich for the Texans blood playing the same role. That's one move that we might only get to see playing Madden. Would look nice but highly doubtful. :gamer:

That would take a major discount on Urlacher's behalf imo. We would assume Urlacher would be the 2 down guy & DeMeco was too rich for the Texans blood playing the same role. That's one move that we might only get to see playing Madden. Would look nice but highly doubtful. :gamer:

May take a discount ... but they are different players. Urlacher can cover .... which wasnt something Demeco did well.

Give me a choice between the two (both healthy) and I take Urlacher hands down for whats needed next to Cushing - who will be terrorizing QB's.

May take a discount ... but they are different players. Urlacher can cover .... which wasnt something Demeco did well.

Give me a choice between the two (both healthy) and I take Urlacher hands down for whats needed next to Cushing - who will be terrorizing QB's.

A discount to play for a team that he has no loyalties to & what could possibly be the last contract of his playing career. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. The fact that Urlacher has also been primarily the dreaded 4-3 MLB that has issues w/ switching to a 3-4 ILB could also be a factor in his & the Texans decision not to consider this move. Not my opinion, but is believed by some that this is a tough transition.

It's somewhat surprising to me that you believe the older Urlacher who has had issues w/ injuries in his career is the better coverage LB compared to the younger now healthy Ryans who use to be the coverage LB for the Texans prior to his injury. I can't say I would agree on that aspect at this point in their careers. Without a doubt, Urlacher has had a stellar career, but I believe his better days are behind him & highly doubt Cushing would give way to Urlacher if a LB is needed in coverage.

Draft a young quick ILB who is capable in coverage & I believe you could possibly get more of what you want & that's Cushing terrorizing QB's. I don't think an older past his prime MLB will help that cause.

The fact that Urlacher has also been primarily the dreaded 4-3 MLB that has issues w/ switching to a 3-4 ILB could also be a factor in his & the Texans decision not to consider this move. Not my opinion, but is believed by some that this is a tough transition.

It's somewhat surprising to me that you believe the older Urlacher who has had issues w/ injuries in his career is the better coverage LB compared to the younger now healthy Ryans who use to be the coverage LB for the Texans prior to his injury.

urlacher has spent a good portion (possibly most) of his career in a 3-4, and almost all of it as the primary cover linebacker. demeco at the height of his physical ability was still terrible in coverage, lost in zone and unable to move in man. urlacher had as many interceptions in 2011 as demeco has had in 7 years, and returned one for a touchdown this season. to compare the two in that area is silly - demeco is a 4-3 tackling machine, urlacher is one of the best space players in decades.

demeco at the height of his physical ability was still terrible in coverage, lost in zone and unable to move in man.

Please, this is so overstated. Just because this comes up readily in memory, the first time he made the pro bowl the first play of the game was him blocking a pass and the second was him intercepting a pass. He was not near as bad in coverage as people make him out to be.

Please, this is so overstated. Just because this comes up readily in memory, the first time he made the pro bowl the first play of the game was him blocking a pass and the second was him intercepting a pass. He was not near as bad in coverage as people make him out to be.

I agree 100%. Very rarely was DeMeco ever considered a liability in coverage prior to his injury in 2010. Of course, Cushing as most of us know took over that role in Wade's system in 2011, but DeMeco still held his own.

This silly bashing of Ryans is a complete joke imo. Most of the claims about his production, or lack thereof that some seem to want us to believe, is exaggerated or completely false. I don't mind calling it like I see it good, bad, or indifferent but this bashing a player simply because they are no longer a Texan is silliness at its finest. DeMeco was a good player for the Texans & his skills would've come in handy a great deal this past season. The PAY didn't match the role for a team that had a salary cap nightmare. Seems simple enough to me.

urlacher has spent a good portion (possibly most) of his career in a 3-4, and almost all of it as the primary cover linebacker. demeco at the height of his physical ability was still terrible in coverage, lost in zone and unable to move in man. urlacher had as many interceptions in 2011 as demeco has had in 7 years, and returned one for a touchdown this season. to compare the two in that area is silly - demeco is a 4-3 tackling machine, urlacher is one of the best space players in decades.

Now this statement is COMPLETELY false & quite laughable to be honest. Now I knew I couldn't recall the last time the Bears played a 3-4 & unfortunately my brother in-law is a big Bears so they do get discussed so I decided to do a quick research based your claim & here is what I found. The Bears have NEVER played in a 3-4! So no Urlacher has NOT played in that scheme a majority of his career. It sounded good in your efforts to make a false claim, but its simply not true. Sad but true. The link is attached below for all to verify themselves. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hIGQCg&usg=AFQjCNE_WQpK2dXkeEoZdHm-e9mbNc2e-A

For those not wanting to open the link. The info provided by it is in bold below.
The Chicago Bears are the only NFL team that have never used the 3–4 as their base defense. Before the 2010 season, the Washington Redskins had also never run a base 3–4, but under the direction of new defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, the Redskins have adopted the 3–4 and its many variants, such as the 2–4–5 and the 1–5–5, based on formations used by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Another simple correction, I wasn't intending to compare Ryans & Urlachers careers. I simply stated based on Urlachers injury history & age, at this point Ryans might he the better option & has we all know now...they have BOTH been 4-3 MLB's a majority of their careers w/ Ryans actually having more experience in the 3-4.

Another simple correction, I wasn't intending to compare Ryans & Urlachers careers. I simply stated based on Urlachers injury history & age, at this point Ryans might he the better option & has we all know now...they have BOTH been 4-3 MLB's a majority of their careers w/ Ryans actually having more experience in the 3-4.

Get this thru your head - Ryans was always (in my best Charles Barkley voice) turrible and I mean turrible in coverage.

Good solid player , hell of a guy and a leader on and off the field ..... but he is not the answer to the Texans ILB issues because he cant cover.

Dont know if you've been watching but Cushing was used primarily RUSHING THE QB on passing plays / downs .... Not falling back into coverage. Simply put , they need an ILB who can cover RB's and TE's next to Cushing not a run stuffing tackle machine.

No he wasnt as bad as I make him out to be above .... but it was far from his strong suit. I dont think he solves the problem or upgrades the position over James or Dobbins in terms of cover ability .... especially post injury.

Its time to move on .... not go backwards.

Get this thru your head - Ryans was always (in my best Charles Barkley voice) turrible and I mean turrible in coverage.

Good solid player , hell of a guy and a leader on and off the field ..... but he is not the answer to the Texans ILB issues because he cant cover.

Dont know if you've been watching but Cushing was used primarily RUSHING THE QB on passing plays / downs .... Not falling back into coverage. Simply put , they need an ILB who can cover RB's and TE's next to Cushing not a run stuffing tackle machine.

No he wasnt as bad as I make him out to be above .... but it was far from his strong suit. I dont think he solves the problem or upgrades the position over James or Dobbins in terms of cover ability .... especially post injury.

Its time to move on .... not go backwards.

Lol! You obviously are the one that needs to watch a bit closer. DeMeco himself explained just recently in a link provided by another poster in the other DeMeco thread that Cushing was the one left on the field in passing downs. That has been said & seen by many. If you refuse to acknowledge it despite numerous sources saying otherwise then that's on you. Just because you refuse to acknowledge what many have & continue say does not mean you are correct nor does it change the facts. DeMeco was adequate in coverage in the past & I can't recall it ever being said nor thinking that he was liability. Ultimately, its your opinion but it was not one that was adopted & discussed by many.

I'm going to continue to go w/ the facts when discussing this subject & its obvious you are going to continue to ignore them, so why don't we agree to disagree because I can't argue w/ your imagination because I simply don't know what direction it will go in next. Moving on.

If he was an option 5 years ago...... sure. 3 years ago... maybe. For 2013?

He'll be 35 years old before the season starts.

I don't know what would be the point?

Lol! You obviously are the one that needs to watch a bit closer. DeMeco himself explained just recently in a link provided by another poster in the other DeMeco thread that Cushing was the one left on the field in passing downs. That has been said & seen by many. If you refuse to acknowledge it despite numerous sources saying otherwise then that's on you. Just because you refuse to acknowledge what many have & continue say does not mean you are correct nor does it change the facts. DeMeco was adequate in coverage in the past & I can't recall it ever being said nor thinking that he was liability. Ultimately, its your opinion but it was not one that was adopted & discussed by many.

I'm going to continue to go w/ the facts when discussing this subject & its obvious you are going to continue to ignore them, so why don't we agree to disagree because I can't argue w/ your imagination because I simply don't know what direction it will go in next. Moving on.

Yes Cushing was the one left on the field for passing downs .... But he was for the most part RUSHING THE PASSER not covering in those situations. Thats what Im trying to get across to you .....

Thems the facts no matter how you try to twist or ignore them. Cushing was rushing the passer not covering the vast majority of the time as the lone LB.

Did I spell it out plainly enough this time ?!

^^^^^^^^^^This!! While developing a newbie.

so brian urlacher is going to forfeit the ton of money to he could get elsewhere to play here for peanuts!! awesome!

so brian urlacher is going to forfeit the ton of money to he could get elsewhere to play here for peanuts!! awesome!

What was the value of his deal this past season ??? I really have no idea.

I was thinking a two year deal worth ~$17m in guaranteed money would get it done.

I doubt the Texans make a play for him tho ... I think they would prefer to improve the position thru the draft and upgrade WR or RT thru FA.

Yes Cushing was the one left on the field for passing downs .... But he was for the most part RUSHING THE PASSER not covering in those situations. Thats what Im trying to get across to you .....

Thems the facts no matter how you try to twist or ignore them. Cushing was rushing the passer not covering the vast majority of the time as the lone LB.

Did I spell it out plainly enough this time ?!

You do realize then that none of your arguement holds water against Ryans because you FINALLY admitted Cushing would be the lone ILB on passing downs. Thus Ryans or any other ILB for that matter, James or Urlachler, would NOT be on the field or needed in coverage for any extended period of time. Cushing may be rushing or he may be in coverage, but the one thing that is for certain is he would be the ONLY ILB on the field in obvious passing downs. TAA DAA!! You figured it out!! So your little rant on Ryans poor coverage skills & him needing to cover while Cushing rushed on passing downs is all for not because you finally realized what I have been trying to tell you the whole time. One ILB on the field during passing downs...Cushing. Other ILB on the sidelines during passing downs. Same message...once again.

I'm glad you finally spelled it for yourself because I've been very clear on that for quite some time. Just refer back & read it a bit slower if you have any doubts. We are on the same page now, so let's move on & foward please.

Last edited:
Draft a young quick ILB who is capable in coverage & I believe you could possibly get more of what you want & that's Cushing terrorizing QB's. I don't think an older past his prime MLB will help that cause.
This makes the most sense to me. We need someone speedy, young, and hungry. I like Urlacher but do we really want to tie up a bunch of cap space in one guy??

IF I were to spend team capital on one guy, I'd just as soon make a phone call to the Jets to see if the price for Revis is reasonable before I would spend big bucks for Urlacher. Richard Seymour still has gas in the tank. Bet he'd like to play along side J.J. Watt. Think of that 3rd down pass rush: Watt, Smiff, and Seymour.

Here are some other names from this article to broaden the discussion...
Defensive line
1. Cliff Avril: The Lions can't keep everyone up front and he won't be franchised again.
2. Randy Starks: Been in the league a long time but still a spry 28; tremendous versatility to fit any scheme and Dolphins likely lost their chance to keep him.
3. Henry Melton: Become a force for the Bears and one of the few younger impact players on that D. Would think they do all they can to keep him.
4. Richard Seymour: Dude can play inside and outside and will be refreshed getting out of Oakland.
5. Matt Shaughnessy: Dealt with a lot of coaching upheaval in Oakland in a short period of time. Still very young and talented.

Linebacker

1. Dannell Ellerbe: Even when playing with one hand, he has become the engine of Baltimore's defense and keeping him will be top priority.
2. Anthony Spencer: Some scoffed when Dallas franchised him, but he will have the last laugh in free agency this year.
3. Connor Barwin: The absence of Brian Cushing may have hindered Barwin some this year, but still plenty of ability to get to the QB.
4. Paul Kruger: Took off in the second half of the season and has the entire league watching him in the postseason. Looking to get paid.
5. Shaun Phillips: Getting older, but I would take my chances with him above some of the other aging LBs.

Cornerback

1. Sean Smith: Has the skills and body to be a shutdown guy, and at age 25 is just entering his prime.
2. Cary Williams: Stepped up big time when Lardarius Webb got hurt, and his playoff performances are only helping his cause.
3. Mike Jenkins: Yet to put it all together for the Cowboys but teams were exploring trade options for him last year. Will draw interest.
4. Aqib Talib: If not for his off-field troubles, would be much higher. Staying under the watchful eye of Bill Belichick might be his best move.
5. Tracy Porter: Seems like he has been around longer, but at age 26 well positioned for free agency.

Safety

1. Ed Reed: Maybe the greatest ever, and still has a knack for the huge play at the huge moment.
2. Kenny Phillips: Can't stay healthy enough, but when he does the fellow product of The U flashes some Reed-like qualities.
3. Louis Delmas: Another absolute difference maker ... if he could stay in the lineup. Still, the Lions must make every attempt to keep him.
4. Jairus Byrd: Has tremendous ball skills, just like his daddy, former Chargers corner Gill Byrd.
5. Dashon Goldson: A heavy hitter who will be looking for more long-term security after coming off the franchise tag.

Forfeit tons of money on a contract that could very well be his last of his career AND learn a new scheme that he has not played in during his pro career....despite what others have claimed. I know I'm hopeful!! :rolleyes:

You do realize then that none of your arguement holds water against Ryans because you FINALLY admitted Cushing would be the lone ILB on passing downs. Thus Ryans or any other ILB for that matter, James or Urlachler, would NOT be on the field or needed in coverage for any extended period of time. Cushing may be rushing or he may be in coverage, but the one thing that is for certain is he would be the ONLY ILB on the field in obvious passing downs. TAA DAA!! You figured it out!! So your little rant on Ryans poor coverage skills & him needing to cover while Cushing rushed on passing downs is all for not because you finally realized what I have been trying to tell you the whole time. One ILB on the field during passing downs...Cushing. Other ILB on the sidelines during passing downs. Same message...once again.

I'm glad you finally spelled it for yourself because I've been very clear on that for quite some time. Just refer back & read it a bit slower if you have any doubts. We are on the same page now, so let's move on & foward please.

I didnt finally admit it , Ive been saying that all along .... Just that he didnt often cover and was generally rushing the passer in those 3rd down / passing situations.

Reading Comprehension Dude!!! What are you , some kinda moron that you cant get that thru your thick skull ?!!?
(I just asked , didnt call)

Teams dont pass only on 3rd down - they pass on first and 10 .... second and short , second and long! Whoever is lined up next to Cushing inside (Other than on 3rd bleeping down) has to have some cover ability , not just be a run stuffer.

I didnt finally admit it , Ive been saying that all along .... Just that he didnt often cover and was generally rushing the passer in those 3rd down / passing situations.

Reading Comprehension Dude!!! What are you , some kinda moron that you cant get that thru your thick skull ?!!?
(I just asked , didnt call)

Teams dont pass only on 3rd down - they pass on first and 10 .... second and short , second and long! Whoever is lined up next to Cushing inside (Other than on 3rd bleeping down) has to have some cover ability , not just be a run stuffer.

Facts are I have been saying Cushing is the lone ILB on the field for obvious passing downs & passing situations. Read back & its been stated in almost every one of my posts & yet you insist that I have a reading comprehension issue. Yeah...okkkk. I don't care about you trying to spin it by saying "But he rushes the QB being that ILB!" . In the end, rushing or covering, Cushing is still the lone ILB & exactly why I said the other doesn't have to be an All Pro in coverage. Cushing doesn't ALWAYS rush the QB on passing downs & that's easy to see in his sack stats not being amongst the leaders on the team. No big detective work there, but something you can seem to grasp.

That being said, I'm done w/ this conversation w/ you because its obvious you are the one that suffers from all the deficiencies that you claim others do. Please move on because I don't play the ignorant personal attacks & name calling game....I know you were "asking not calling". Either way, I'm not going there & you can go play those games w/ someone else.

You are just arguing to hear yourself think .... Ive been saying all along that Cushing was the lone ILB on passing downs as have you , which is why I dont understand why or what the hell you are arguing.

The difference is what one or the other states as Cushings responsibility in those situations.

Yeah ... that's realistic! --- To hell with Urlacher ... give me Patrick Willis. A successful ver that adds experience, talent, credibility and versatility to the defense. I'd make him priority #1. Instant credibility and leadership added to the lockers room. IMO he'd be the perfect target. Get er done Rick. If you cant pull that off, you really suck as GM!:bluesbro:

To answer the question orginally posed, you may want to think of which positions are the hardest to get immediate from the draft.

WR should be at the top of the list because it is a very tough position to get significant immediate impact.

If we upgrade the kicking game I hope someone can get some air under the ball and kick the damn ball out of the endzone on kickoffs From time to time

If we upgrade the kicking game I hope someone can get some air under the ball and kick the damn ball out of the endzone on kickoffs From time to time

Neither Bullock or Graham got any distance on their KO's .... I think it likely that one of them has the job next season.

:wadepalm:

Pre injury demeco was good in coverage. Lets keep in mind all backers suck in coverage vs wr's and elite tightends (thanks frank bush.) He wasn't a liability until his injury. Urlacher moves side line to side line but is better in pursuit then coverage. If he were a cornerback he'd be considered exceptional in zone and average in man to man.

Neither Bullock or Graham got any distance on their KO's .... I think it likely that one of them has the job next season.

Speaking of which, I'm obviously looking at this whole kick-off thing wrong.

I personally don't want someone who'll kick the ball into the endzone all the time. Last year, yeah... because our ST was so bad that the opposing team avg a start better than the 20 yard line.

Just like a punt, I want the ball to drop inside the 1, or at the front of the endzone, because I want their kicker to bring it out. I then want my coverage team to get down there more than not & pin them inside the 15.

I know it's not a punt. But for a punt, I'd want to pin the other team inside the 5.

I know it's not a punt. But for a punt, I'd want to pin the other team inside the 5.

I think a lot of punters would call you star struck. Not easy to do when most punters get into the nfl due to distance and hangtime vs. directional. Inside the 20 seems the base line and rightly so...

I agree with you fully on kick offs though, assuming you have an average product and not the trash marciano marched out this year.

I think a lot of punters would call you star struck. Not easy to do when most punters get into the nfl due to distance and hangtime vs. directional. Inside the 20 seems the base line and rightly so...

I agree with you fully on kick offs though, assuming you have an average product and not the trash marciano marched out this year.

I read a stat showing the Texans dead last in returning kicks as far as average starting field position for the year ..... They were bad going and coming.

Doesnt look like Joe will be fired prior to the season .... but the last original Texan better get his sh!t together cause I dont think I can stand another season of that garbage.

Can you imagine how bad they would have been minus Ball and Braman ?!!? :headhurts:

Speaking of which, I'm obviously looking at this whole kick-off thing wrong.

I personally don't want someone who'll kick the ball into the endzone all the time. Last year, yeah... because our ST was so bad that the opposing team avg a start better than the 20 yard line.

Just like a punt, I want the ball to drop inside the 1, or at the front of the endzone, because I want their kicker to bring it out. I then want my coverage team to get down there more than not & pin them inside the 15.

I think that sounds good, but not realistic. When I play madden, that's exactly how I play it. Get w kicker with a strong leg and put more height on the ball than distance and try to get the other team stopped before they can get pass the 17.

But it's much different than a punt because the distance to cover isn't the same. Normally when you pin teams on punts there is no return. Or the return man catches it with people right on top of him or they mistakenly fair catch it there.

That's not likely to happen on kickoffs. Even kicks into the endzone are brought out.

It's too much ground to cover.

Bullock is the Aggie they just drafted who was IR for 2012, right ? I thought he had a big leg ?

I think that sounds good, but not realistic.

Uh... that's what every other team did to us all year long. There were a few bad decisions & a few penalties as well, but there were definitely times when they kicked the ball within 5 yards of the goal line & we weren't able to get it past the 20.

Bullock is the Aggie they just drafted who was IR for 2012, right ? I thought he had a big leg ?

I dont know if that groin injury was the cause or not but he wasnt getting any distance on KO's .... no better or worse than Graham.

Back