Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-06-2013   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bang the table!

Which prospects regardless of position, ranking or value do you love the most and would "bang the table" so to speak if you were in the war room of the texans.

Just to get something started :

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB
Andre Williams RB Boston college
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bang the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Which prospects regardless of position, ranking or value do you love the most and would "bang the table" so to speak if you were in the war room of the texans.

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB
I would bang the table for Clowney and depending on the new regime Barr.

Out of the rest of your list I like Bortles and Mosley. If the Texans traded down to 10 with the Browns I would love 1. Bortles 2. Mosley
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #3
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Mike Evans
2. A.J. McCarron
3. Jace Amaro
4. C.J. Mosely
5. Christian Jones
6. Kyle Fuller
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90207 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB
I think Mosley is the best player in the draft, but Clowney is a physical freak that has the potential to be incredible and that gets people excited. I also love Barr because I think his ceiling is unlimited.

I love Justin Gilbert at CB, but one guy that I've scouted extensively is Ross Cockrell (CB) at Duke. He might have some of the best coverage skills in the draft but he's skinny and really needs to get bigger. Will struggle in run support and press coverage if he doesn't get stronger.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to check out Cockrell.

What do you think of Belue?

CBS has him ranked 4/5th rd. I would take him in the late rd early 4th. He's small but fiesty. Would be a major upgrade over McCain.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #6
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd break the table in half for Clowney. Barring that, a trade down with Cleveland for CJ Mosley and Tajh Boyd.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90207 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I've got to check out Cockrell.

What do you think of Belue?

CBS has him ranked 4/5th rd. I would take him in the late rd early 4th. He's small but fiesty. Would be a major upgrade over McCain.
I haven't watched much of Belue but I wouldn't say it's a stretch at all to peg him as a better slot corner than McCain.

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #8
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bortles, everything I have seen from this guy says franchise QB. I think Bortles is the one guy that says to me, don't trade back.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mosley most "guaranteed" player in draft and can be had in trade down. I am working on new mock with ZBS possible changing.
Old 12-06-2013   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a few guys I really like in this draft. Some might or might not fit on our team depending on the new regime, but I'll list my mancrushes in here.

Trey Millard - FB, H-Back, RB, TE, Oklahoma (will fall due to injury, doesn't play a valuable position but is a valuable player due to his ability to make an offense multiple)

Davante Adams - WR, Fresno St (makes Carr look better than he is, which is saying something)

C.J. Fiedorowicz - TE, Iowa (big blocking TE who runs smooth routes and has great hands)

Tyler Larsen - OC, Utah St (not a need position but a very underrated prospect)

Kyle Van Noy - OLB, BYU (complete player who is a force as a pass rusher)

Justin Gilbert - CB, Oklahoma St (maybe the best athlete in this draft)

Marcus Williams - CB, North Dakota St (best player on the two-time, about to be three-time, defending FCS champs)

Adams, Van Noy, and Gilbert all rate as 1st round prospects but these other guys could be had outside the first round.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #11
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mosley most "guaranteed" player in draft and can be had in trade down. I am working on new mock with ZBS possible changing.
yeah i would like to do a mock with a trade down from the first while selecting mosley, just haven't figured out the rest of the draft.

mosley is by far my favourite player in this draft could be a luke kuechly like difference to this defence
Old 12-06-2013   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney, Clowney, Clowney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah i would like to do a mock with a trade down from the first while selecting mosley, just haven't figured out the rest of the draft.

mosley is by far my favourite player in this draft could be a luke kuechly like difference to this defence
"Funny how the night moves.." I am now going with a QB with a trade down with Cleveland whom I think wants Bridger. I am just not sold on Carr who many have going to Jags. I think Hundley will remain in school and see only Bridgewater, Carr and one other QB in top ten. I think Manziel will be somewhere after that. I still like Keenum but for now think we have to draft a QB. Fortunately, we have more games to evaluate him. Mosley is the best but there are just so many ILBs that could start for Texans in day two and three: Skov, Smallwood, Christian Jones, Blair and my old friend Andrew Jackson whom I am considering again as I can get him late and he is a run stopper.

Last edited by badboy; 12-06-2013 at 10:12 PM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Mosley is undersized (small) ILB, wouldn't be surprised if he falls out of 1st rd. May not be a 3 down player
Old 12-07-2013   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Mosley is undersized (small) ILB, wouldn't be surprised if he falls out of 1st rd. May not be a 3 down player
Lol he's the same size as Luke Kuechly. Guess Carolina wasted that 1st rounder..
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #16
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

have you watched him play?
his going to be a top 15 pick maybe even crack top 10
Old 12-07-2013   #17
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Based on pure talent he would be a top 5 pick, but the ILB position is not a premium draft position. The fact that he is considered a top 10 prospect is a testament to his talent.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-07-2013   #18
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Based on pure talent he would be a top 5 pick, but the ILB position is not a premium draft position. The fact that he is considered a top 10 prospect is a testament to his talent.
agree

i have him as my 3rd ranked player on my big board.

i think people are getting sick of me talking about him and us drafting a TE early
Old 12-07-2013   #19
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Why? What has he done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Todd McShay's Top 10??? What's he done to deserve this media hype other than play for Bama and Saban?
Old 12-07-2013   #20
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why? What has he done?

Todd McShay's Top 10??? What's he done to deserve this media hype other than play for Bama and Saban?
who said todd mcshay?

what i see in mosley:
Instincts
Athleticism (i.e. speed agility)
plays well in the run game even with his "small" size - proof by being the leading tackler for his team
as good as they come in pass coverage for a ILB
has played multiple positions or roles for Alabama from MLB to OLB blitzing the QB.
has excellent tackle technique wrapping up really well.
Stay low on hits and trying to shed blocks, has fluid hips in pass coverage.

obviosuly he has weakness, he needs to gain weight and a bit more strength because sometimes struggles with shedding blocks but that isn't is game so I'm not to worried about that.

In terms of intangibles from what i read his been a strong leader for his Bama team for a while now and shows great work ethic and high football IQ in the film room.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read