Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2013   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing's home just went on the Market: what's that about ?

f you have $1.3 million lying around, you can live like an All-Pro in the home of Houston Texans star Brian Cushing. The talented linebacker, whose season ended long before the Texans were bounced from the playoffs by the New England Patriots, is looking to sell his house in Missouri City, TX.

Built in 2007, Cushing’s waterfront digs can be found within he confines of the gated community of Waters Lake. The home offers a little more than 7,000 square feet with five bedrooms and five baths, and has been meticulously styled from top to bottom. A grand foyer lined in marble flows into the general formal areas, including a custom kitchen with stainless steel appliances, while the upstairs level features a game room, media room and a balcony overlooking the lake. There’s also an “art media rm w/wet bar,” which is a fancy way of saying in-house theater w/booze, and a top-tier security system, surveillance cameras included, and a pool.
http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2013/01...uston-suburbs/
I know they've got a new baby, but he's a FA in 12 months, why not wait until then unless they are going to rent this year ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing's home just went on the Market: what's that about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
f you have $1.3 million lying around, you can live like an All-Pro in the home of Houston Texans star Brian Cushing. The talented linebacker, whose season ended long before the Texans were bounced from the playoffs by the New England Patriots, is looking to sell his house in Missouri City, TX.

Built in 2007, Cushing’s waterfront digs can be found within he confines of the gated community of Waters Lake. The home offers a little more than 7,000 square feet with five bedrooms and five baths, and has been meticulously styled from top to bottom. A grand foyer lined in marble flows into the general formal areas, including a custom kitchen with stainless steel appliances, while the upstairs level features a game room, media room and a balcony overlooking the lake. There’s also an “art media rm w/wet bar,” which is a fancy way of saying in-house theater w/booze, and a top-tier security system, surveillance cameras included, and a pool.
http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2013/01...uston-suburbs/
I know they've got a new baby, but he's a FA in 12 months, why not wait until then unless they are going to rent this year ?
Hes gonna buy something bigger....he ain't going anywhere, I would bet my house we would at the minimum franchise tag him if a deal isn't worked out.
Old 01-22-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he figured out that he initially spent too much and wants to get out of it before it takes him to the poor house?
Old 01-22-2013   #4
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's moving.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Cushing and Watt are the only must signs of the next several offseasons, neither of them are going anywhere.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #6
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Just don't see why someone at Cushing's age would want a house like that.. Not a smart financial move IMHO, especially considering the market.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

You assume Cush is calling the shots on this -- he's married.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2013   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Much ado about nothing?
Old 01-22-2013   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Cushing and Watt are the only must signs of the next several offseasons, neither of them are going anywhere.
You would certainly say that about Watt, but Cushing is coming off of a season-ending ACL, and anytime a player blows out his knee there's uncertainty associated with his return. Cushing return to play in 2013 could be shaky, atleast inconsistant because he's returning from a severe injury and he and the Texans might have problems reaching an agreement for a new contract ? And on top of that Cushing family back east might want him and their new grandchild/nephew-niece ( I don't ksow if he's got a son or daughter ?), to be closer to home ?
And I can see Cushings wife wanting a different, smaller house for their new baby, but I don't see them buying until they know more about their plans subsequent to the 2013 season ?
Old 01-22-2013   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Just don't see why someone at Cushing's age would want a house like that.. Not a smart financial move IMHO, especially considering the market.
I hear the Houston RE market is strong right now ?
Old 01-22-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Certain areas are very strong, while others are just better than the rest of the country, which isn't saying a lot. I have no idea how the million+ market is doing, since I have yet to find a million dollars LOL.
Old 01-22-2013   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
one of the strongest in the nation if i remember correctly. In any event Cush has always come off to me as a guy who really doesn't vibe with Houston as a city. I doubt it has anything to do with him as a player here...i think its just him & his wife wanting to make a home in a different place for the offseason...probably at her request. Anyone know if she's a native texan or some chick that came with him from Cali?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was interested until I saw how small it is.
Old 01-22-2013   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Let us know when Schaub's house is on the market.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

That area is very nice, however, sometimes being that far out could be boring for young couples. It wouldn't surprise me if some place like Royal Oaks would be more appealing.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Built in 2007, Cushing’s waterfront digs can be found within he confines of the gated community of Waters Lake. The home offers a little more than 7,000 square feet with five bedrooms and five baths, and has been meticulously styled from top to bottom.
Ahhh, won't work for me. I'm looking for a 6 bedroom home and at least 7 baths.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #17
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
That area is very nice, however, sometimes being that far out could be boring for young couples. It wouldn't surprise me if some place like Royal Oaks would be more appealing.

Yeah I wouldnt want to live that far out from Reliant.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #18
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
one of the strongest in the nation if i remember correctly. In any event Cush has always come off to me as a guy who really doesn't vibe with Houston as a city. I doubt it has anything to do with him as a player here...i think its just him & his wife wanting to make a home in a different place for the offseason...probably at her request. Anyone know if she's a native texan or some chick that came with him from Cali?
They met at USC, she's from Utah though. Oh, and she's incredibly smoking hot.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Let us know when Schaub's house is on the market.
Amen.

I'll pitch in $50 for the movers.
Old 01-22-2013   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
she's from Utah though.
Which is very dry with canyons & mountains and a 4-seasons climate, pretty much the exact opposite of the humid, Coastal Plains of Houston metro.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read