Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2013   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans too Soft to compete with the Patriots...

Qb=team leader. Soft qb soft team. Oh well. Maybe next year
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #22
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Texans are a much better than average team. They are a playoff team. They just aren't a championship team. They have to many pieces missing to be anything but a "show up for the playoffs and bow out" team.

Still, though, it's an improvement over the laughing stock they used to be. As long as Kubiak is the head coach we'll be stuck here forever. I don't know which is worse, having a crappy head coach like Capers or having a fair to middlin' coach like Kubiak who keeps giving you cake but forgetting the icing.
This is why I want Schaub gone (IMO the team makes bigger strides replacing Kubiak) , I think with an above mediocre HC Schaub succeeds here without needing to be a Brady, Manning etc.......

But since Kubiak isn't likely to be going anywhere (Schaub either), we HAVE to give Kubiak something else to work with. ( Doing the same thing and expecting different results is foolish.)

TJ - Playoffs, beat Bengals, lose next round.

Schaub - Playoffs, beat Bengals, lose next round.

I have to say in our case being stuck with a mediocre HC with so much talent on the field is worse than having a bad HC.

With so much talent on the field and mediocre HC it appears that you are "almost there" and major changes aren't made (Such as QB, HC)

With a bad HC, changes are made and "no one is safe"

I will be cheering for my team next season, but I think Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can. He took us from bad to good, I thank him for that.

I'm ready for someone to take us from good to best, especially while we have all this talent to work with.
Old 01-19-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
I will be cheering for my team next season, but I think Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can. He took us from bad to good, I thank him for that.

I'm ready for someone to take us from good to best, especially while we have all this talent to work with.
That's how I feel as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom View Post
i hope we win the super bowl but if we dont i cant believe under brady and belichek we have gone to 7 afc championship games in 12 years. its going to be a sad day in new england when them two retire. i just try to enjoy it now because nothing lasts forever and all good things come to an end thats why ellis you should be pumped about your texans. this is just the beginning for you guys especially foster and watt are in there early 20's.
To a man, everyone here still thinks our team is good enough to beat your team, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

That's why they're so upset.
Old 01-20-2013   #25
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom View Post
as a PATS fan i dont think u are soft. you guys play physical and tough. you fought right till the end. i just think you had trouble with the hurry up, new england is good at stopping the run with wilfork, and the cushing injury hurt unfortunately, nut i would not say you guys are soft. look at the way you destroyed the ravens, bears, and broncos. soft teams dont destroy teams like that by being soft, especially in the old school smash mouth game you guys played against the bears. you were more physical and thats why u won. im telling you guys you have a damn good football team and will be in the hunt every year from here on in for a super bowl berth. just my opinion guys.
We are not soft, we are just not mentally tough.

We have not learned how to play on the big stage with the big boys yet. That is on the coaching - offensive and defensive.
Old 01-20-2013   #26
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
To a man, everyone here still thinks our team is good enough to beat your team, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

That's why they're so upset.
i agree with you. i believe you can beat us as well. you know i respect your team.
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #27
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
We are not soft, we are just not mentally tough.

We have not learned how to play on the big stage with the big boys yet. That is on the coaching - offensive and defensive.
agree, you guys will be fine. you think will beat baltimore today
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2013   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

These guys are tougher ?

Old 01-20-2013   #29
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
These guys are tougher ?

they did stomp all over us twice, and it wasnt while they were wearing rainbow shoes in the locker room. Dang if only the nfl was a dressing competition, we would WIN the SB with Foster alone .
Old 01-20-2013   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
These guys are tougher ?
Loss hurts even worse, now.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #31
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

two most important positions in a nfl team is the qb and head coach.

sad that its our two biggest weakness.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #32
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
That's how I feel as well.
bingo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read