Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-18-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Simple, we would just need all of the 52 other players on the roster to be Jesus ...
Speaking of which, how many players stepped up for the Patriots, other than the QB, compared to our players?

Welker --- Andre: Welker
Hernandez -- Daniels: Hernandez
Vareen/Riddley --- Foster: Vareen/Riddley
Patriots OL --- Texans OL: Patriots OL
Patriots D --- Texans D: Patriots D

Look, I understand Matt's the leader, but we "brag" about many other guys on this team & those guys didn't show up any more than Matt did. Yeah, he's got his limitations, but some of this is getting out of hand, way out of hand.

Does anyone sport their Matt Schaub Jersey on Sunday? Sound off if you were wearing a Matt Schaub jersey last Sunday. Sound off if you were wearing one Saturday the week before.

Other than Jj Watt, which one of your favorite player stepped up Sunday? Which one outplayed their counter part on the Patriots team?
Old 01-18-2013   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Blocking, blocking, and blocking.
Not just for the passing game, but also for the running game so we can move the chains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
OL, OL, and OL.

If Schaub is the QB, you have to protect him 90% of the time with better pass blocking and let the refs protect him that 10% of time when he gets thrown to the ground like a rag doll.

Except the only way to do that, now, is for us to draft one in the 1st through 3rd rounds. Which means you end up being thin at the other areas we need, such as ILB and WR. We don't have the cap space to go after a veteran pass blocker.

We need to hit home runs with our draft.
I agree with this. Picking up speed guys on offense, whether in the draft of free agency, to "stretch the defense" is a total waste of money if Schaub is running for his life
(think)

...or worse, on his back, a second and a half after the snap. A great blocking TE has got to help the stretch running game too. IMHO, we should spend our top picks to bolster the O-line and get a TE who can block (speed and good hands wouldn't hurt either) and a true road-grading FB.

As much as I want to get us a "Navarro Bowman" type to go with Cushing, I think making the offense as effective as possible is Priority One. Our defense - hell, any defense - plays better when the offense gives them the lead and can stay on the field for an extended period to give them some rest. And I think it keeps them from getting so uptight when they know, if they DO screw up, the offense can get those points right back.
on his back a second and a half after the snap. A great blocking TE has got to help the stretch running game too. IMHO, we should spend our top picks to bolster the O-line and get a TE who can block (speed and good hands wouldn't hurt either) and a true road-grading FB.

As much as I want to get us a "Navarro Bowman" type to go with Cushing, I think making the offense as effective as possible is Priority One. Our defense - hell, any defense - plays better when the offense gives them the lead and can stay on the field for an extended period to give them some rest. And I think it keeps them from getting so uptight when they know, if they DO screw up, the offense can get those points right back.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 01-18-2013 at 06:05 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Speaking of which, how many players stepped up for the Patriots, other than the QB, compared to our players?

Welker --- Andre: Welker
Hernandez -- Daniels: Hernandez
Vareen/Riddley --- Foster: Vareen/Riddley
Patriots OL --- Texans OL: Patriots OL
Patriots D --- Texans D: Patriots D

Look, I understand Matt's the leader, but we "brag" about many other guys on this team & those guys didn't show up any more than Matt did. Yeah, he's got his limitations, but some of this is getting out of hand, way out of hand.

Does anyone sport their Matt Schaub Jersey on Sunday? Sound off if you were wearing a Matt Schaub jersey last Sunday. Sound off if you were wearing one Saturday the week before.

Other than Jj Watt, which one of your favorite player stepped up Sunday? Which one outplayed their counter part on the Patriots team?
Well, Shane Graham wasn't one of my favorites but he outdueled his counterpart by kicking a longer FG, and also had a better net kick-off average.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #24
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
OL, OL, and OL.

If Schaub is the QB, you have to protect him 90% of the time with better pass blocking and let the refs protect him that 10% of time when he gets thrown to the ground like a rag doll.

Except the only way to do that, now, is for us to draft one in the 1st through 3rd rounds. Which means you end up being thin at the other areas we need, such as ILB and WR. We don't have the cap space to go after a veteran pass blocker.

We need to hit home runs with our draft.
schaub's pass protection was well above average this season. it's up to him to go through his progressions and make the difficult throws.
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungo_Taco View Post
schaub's pass protection was well above average this season. it's up to him to go through his progressions and make the difficult throws.
The pass protection in the play offs was excellent. We allowed one sack vs NE...

And that was the play where schaub fumbled the ball all by himself and fell on it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The pass protection in the play offs was excellent. We allowed one sack vs NE...

And that was the play where schaub fumbled the ball all by himself and fell on it.
You know that doesn't mean the pass pro was excellent. Schaub helped with that, by getting the ball out quick. On our second drive, Schaub threw for three first downs, back to back to back. We then tried to run the ball, ended up in third & long. He threw to a receiver 3 yards short of the sticks, because he had a free rusher in his grill.

Our first drive, even though he didn't get sacked, he had Newton sitting in his lap for both throws into the endzone.

The pass pro was good, I've only studied those first two possessions so far. Newton was adequately decent, the interior, Jones, Myers, & Smith were excellent, Brown was pretty good. This is just pass pro, & just those two drives.... 6 or 7 passes. But I don't think pass protection got much better than that. I mean we had Schaub playing rugby for parts of the game.
Old 01-18-2013   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungo_Taco View Post
Quote:

Are you two gauging pass protection "excellence"? ...by the number of sacks/QB hits or the amount of time he has before those things occur?

If he's got 3-4 seconds in a clean pocket, I consider that "excellent" protection.

If he's got to get rid of the ball within 1.5 - 2.5 seconds, I consider that "okay" pass protection.

Let me put it another way, how many times did you see Schaub stand in the pocket - like Brady seems to - and pat the ball a couple of times before he decided where he wanted to throw it?

In fairness, I recall a couple of times - after we were down two TDs - but that's it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2013   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well that is inexcusable that we didn't keep him protected.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #29
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We probably need a little more luck than we need an upgrade at any position. I do think HFA would have helped, if Denver were to beat New England. If we were to get Baltimore at home, I think we had a better chance of winning that game than the Patriots on the road.

I think the Patriots would have beat us at home, so we would have needed Denver to beat them.

& by a little luck, I mean someone with a better grasp of how the game is going. I think both Minnesota & the last Colts game were winnable if we'd have gotten our heads out of our butts sooner.

There were plays to be made with the game pan we used, but the "stay calm, don't get too high or too low" mentality killed us over the last 6 weeks.
dont worry the texans will be right back in it next year. thunder, do you you think we can beat the ravens sunday, and if you dont mind what did the texans do in there game against the ravens to have success because you guys destroyed them. i pray new england can beat them the way you guys did, unfortunatly we dont have jj watt and jonathan joseph on defense. watt is the best defensive player in the nfl, what a beast.
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #30
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes he got it out quick ... to the ground ... over Andres head ... out of bounds ... to a LB ...
ck, that surprised me too because shaub had plenty of time to do something with that ball rather tha throw it away. the texans will be fine, you guys are on the edge of greatness. great skilled players, jj watt, arian, andre, cmon those guys are beasts and matchup nightmares for opponents. good luck next year and you will win afc south again and for years to come. i feel bad for indy, lol
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yes he got it out quick ... to the ground ... over Andres head ... out of bounds ... to a LB ...
The point is the pass protection wasn't "excellent"

Good, maybe even very good, but not excellent.

Again, I'll remind everyone, we all knew Foster was going to have to have a great game for us to have "a chance" He didn't & that goes to a lot of people on this football team, not just the QB.
Old 01-19-2013   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know that doesn't mean the pass pro was excellent. Schaub helped with that, by getting the ball out quick. On our second drive, Schaub threw for three first downs, back to back to back. We then tried to run the ball, ended up in third & long. He threw to a receiver 3 yards short of the sticks, because he had a free rusher in his grill.

Our first drive, even though he didn't get sacked, he had Newton sitting in his lap for both throws into the endzone.

The pass pro was good, I've only studied those first two possessions so far. Newton was adequately decent, the interior, Jones, Myers, & Smith were excellent, Brown was pretty good. This is just pass pro, & just those two drives.... 6 or 7 passes. But I don't think pass protection got much better than that. I mean we had Schaub playing rugby for parts of the game.
Ok it was good....LOL

I guess good isn't good enough?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok it was good....LOL

Being good isn't good enough because Matt can't scramble to extend a play or step up to avoid the rush . Aaron Rodgers would love to have an OL that's good .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #34
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys... we were close, really close. One win away from the #1 seed, two wins away from the Super Bowl. That means you don't make major changes, just minor adjustments. Here are my minor adjustments I'd like to see.

Offense:
1. Use our first round pick on a WR. Just like everyone else is saying... KW needs to be replaced, and we need an heir apparent for AJ. I hope someone falls to us in the first that can fill that role. I would even be all for moving up in the draft.

2. Re-sign Casey and move him back to TE. I think we're wasting his strengths by having him block so much and not out there running routes.

3. Get a real full back. Maybe we were all spoiled by seeing Leach play all those years and expect Casey to do the same.

4. Use our 2nd round pick on a RT. I think Newton is an excellent backup swing tackle. The loss of Winston & Briesel hurt us more than anticipated.

Defense:
1. Make re-signing GQ priority #1.

2. Use a late draft pick to get more speed at safety. Demps and Keo as our backups hurt us.

3. Use a mid-round draft pick for an ILB. I'd re-sign Bradie & Dobbins to similar money they made last season, and bring along a young guy as the 4th ILB.

4. Do not re-sign Barwin. Mercilus is an upgrade at pass rushing. This may free up some money to get that WR, RT, or ILB in FA instead of the draft.

Special Teams:
1. Fire Joe Marciano. We were bad in all facets of special teams. We've been bad for the past few years, this season was just a new low.

2. Replace Graham with Bullock. This is most likely going happening.

3. I'd like to see a punter with a bigger leg and that doesn't shank his punts so much. I wish we could get Hartmann back, but that most likely won't happen. I don't mind seeing Jones back, but I'd prefer a replacement, as long as his name isn't Matt Turk.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #35
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Guys... we were close, really close. One win away from the #1 seed, two wins away from the Super Bowl. That means you don't make major changes, just minor adjustments. Here are my minor adjustments I'd like to see.

Offense:
1. Use our first round pick on a WR. Just like everyone else is saying... KW needs to be replaced, and we need an heir apparent for AJ. I hope someone falls to us in the first that can fill that role. I would even be all for moving up in the draft.

2. Re-sign Casey and move him back to TE. I think we're wasting his strengths by having him block so much and not out there running routes.

I really don't care if we keep Casey or not . I like the guy but we are ready have two guys just like him . I'd like a real fb and a 6'6 TE .

3. Get a real full back. Maybe we were all spoiled by seeing Leach play all those years and expect Casey to do the same.

4. Use our 2nd round pick on a RT. I think Newton is an excellent backup swing tackle. The loss of Winston & Briesel hurt us more than anticipated.

I'd try Brandon Brooks at RT .

Defense:
1. Make re-signing GQ priority #1.

Yep

2. Use a late draft pick to get more speed at safety. Demps and Keo as our backups hurt us.

A 4.7 safety doesn't cut it on defense or special teams .

3. Use a mid-round draft pick for an ILB. I'd re-sign Bradie & Dobbins to similar money they made last season, and bring along a young guy as the 4th ILB.

A guy like Bostic .

4. Do not re-sign Barwin. Mercilus is an upgrade at pass rushing. This may free up some money to get that WR, RT, or ILB in FA instead of the draft.

No to Barwin ... dude cost himself millions .

Special Teams:
1. Fire Joe Marciano. We were bad in all facets of special teams. We've been bad for the past few years, this season was just a new low.

2. Replace Graham with Bullock. This is most likely going happening.

3. I'd like to see a punter with a bigger leg and that doesn't shank his punts so much. I wish we could get Hartmann back, but that most likely won't happen. I don't mind seeing Jones back, but I'd prefer a replacement, as long as his name isn't Matt Turk.
Comments are in bold letters .

Round Dan
Old 01-19-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Ok it was good....LOL

LOL

Quote:

Sorry, good isn't good enough if you've got an immobile QB scrambling & committing unforced fumbles. If it were excellent, he'd have had time to sit in the pocket & throw deep, stretching the field.

My point was simply that it was not excellent, whether it was good enough to win the game or not is another issue.

In the divisional round of the play-offs, you're saying our pass protection was excellent? So you see no need to upgrade the right side of the OL?
Old 01-19-2013   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
LOL

Sorry, good isn't good enough if you've got an immobile QB scrambling & committing unforced fumbles. If it were excellent, he'd have had time to sit in the pocket & throw deep, stretching the field.

My point was simply that it was not excellent, whether it was good enough to win the game or not is another issue.
What are you calling deep ?

Round Dan
Old 01-20-2013   #38
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this what needs to be done on offense if Schaub starts like he will by all accounts next year?

I think we've got a big plus in Jones getting so many reps at RG this year and he'll go into next year as the starter. Smith, despite the pro bowl nod didn't play lights out, he could very well (or least I hope) be in a battle with Brooks when TC starts.

Texans really need to figure something out at RT whether its bringing a vet in or drafting a young more talented RT.

Casey needs more reps at TE and we need a legit FB who is going to lay people out in the running game.

We're good at TE specially if Casey is there, 3 deep.

WR ....where to start. Posey started to show something finally late in the season. the achilles injury is definitely a setback. The real truth here is the WR position needs more speed PERIOD. Don't care if that comes via FA or draft.

In the even bigger picture, Kubiak needs to open up the offense more and stop settling for 3 runs by Foster and settling for a FG in the red zone. Settling for FGs killed us down the stretch and had we played a much more potent offense than Cinci showed we'd be out in the first round.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
The real truth here is the WR position needs more speed PERIOD. Don't care if that comes via FA or draft.
More than track speed, the Texans need someone with run after catch ability. Defenses are blitzing Schaub on 3rd down, and he has to get the ball out quickly. He cannot buy time in the pocket or rollout.

The Texans should concentrate on letting a receiver that is strong and quick enough to get separation in press coverage, then break a tackle and create havoc in the secondary. A Pierre Garcon type of WR. Cordarrelle Patterson might be the best example in this draft class. Not a polished downfield WR, but someone who can make a play with the ball in his hands.
Old 01-20-2013   #40
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans really need to figure something out at RT whether its bringing a vet in or drafting a young more talented RT.
I dunno, I'm hearing mixed reviews on Newt's potential as our RT for the long-term ? Some are saying he's the answer.
Quote:
WR ....where to start. Posey started to show something finally late in the season. the achilles injury is definitely a setback. The real truth here is the WR position needs more speed PERIOD. Don't care if that comes via FA or draft.
Gotta give GM Smith credit, he saw something there and Posey started to flash and really make some plays towards the end of the season. But if I'm not mistaken, C&D indicated Posey may have been damaged merchandise from the get-go ? It sounds very discouraging for the Ohio State WR after that
really nasty injury in the playoff game in NE ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read