Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2013   #21
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Year in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Turning specific attention to Schaub, you will anymore hardly see him square up and point to his target with his left foot, both observations very consistent with avoiding full weight for balance stabilization off of his right back foot.

And for anyone that may say that they haven’t noticed any limp, and therefore there is nothing wrong with his foot. You can have significant discomfort or “instability” of the Lisfranc back foot when severely stressed momentarily, like planting and pushing off, and still not limp when walking or gingerly running. The momentary acute stress on the back foot alone or the anticipation of it being painful is enough to affect all aspects of Schaub’s game......including strength of throw, accuracy of throw (long, short or wide), ability to acutely side step to the left or step up (push off) in the pocket, or bootleg, QB sneak or play action to the left (try to find the last time Schaub ran one to the left).
I think this explains a lot about why the offense moved so slow this season.

I also think this is the reason why Schaub won't be the starter next season.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Keep in mind that in the case of the Lisfranc injury (and, moreso, in Schaub’s case of a Lisfranc fracture injury), ~25% that are surgically repaired will develop progressive arthritis as quickly as only several months to years. A certain percentage will go on to require fusion of the joint to control the pain.....some sooner than later. And these numbers do not come from the professional athlete pool......i.e., one that would require much higher demands on a foot than the regular Joe.

Turning specific attention to Schaub, you will anymore hardly see him square up and point to his target with his left foot, both observations very consistent with avoiding full weight for balance stabilization off of his right back foot.

And for anyone that may say that they haven’t noticed any limp, and therefore there is nothing wrong with his foot. You can have significant discomfort or “instability” of the Lisfranc back foot when severely stressed momentarily, like planting and pushing off, and still not limp when walking or gingerly running. The momentary acute stress on the back foot alone or the anticipation of it being painful is enough to affect all aspects of Schaub’s game......including strength of throw, accuracy of throw (long, short or wide), ability to acutely side step to the left or step up (push off) in the pocket, or bootleg, QB sneak or play action to the left (try to find the last time Schaub ran one to the left).
I am certain the Texans knew of the risks when they re-signed.

Other notes:

Interestingly, Schaub never showed up on injury reports during the last part of the season when he was struggling. Even after the Detroit game, where it looked like the majority of the team was there. And after Schaub took some shots, including that one that was in my blog post link, where Suh pulled down Schaub with all his weight, and Schaub's knees went a little in the direction that knees aren't supposed to go. He kept throwing after that, didn't notice anything particularly odd about footwork, but often you don't feel stuff until post-game.

I saw Schaub's rehab on a side field doing agility drills before the season. Doing drills I looked specifically how he was moving. There were other players who I didn't think would be ready for the season who weren't--Hartmann, Sharpton, but Schaub looked surprisingly spry for a tall guy.

We can speculate all we want, and you just never know. Though he isn't the same player, I'm surprised Dunta Robinson is as functional as he is despite his injury.

What we do know for a fact is that whatever the Texans are thinking in-house about the future of the QB position is likely going to be staying in-house. There's no benefit to undermining him publicly.

FWIW, he's golfing OK with the boys.
Old 01-19-2013   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm afraid that this yrs version of Schaub is as good as it gets and that's not good enough to win a SB.

I would love to hear Docs thoughts on whether Schabs performance will be better or worse as time progresses. If the answer is WORSE then finding as QB for the future becomes priority #1. Unless they think either Yates or Keenum can be the QB of the future. (I cant see that happening.)
I do not look for Schaub to demonstrate improved performance with the passage of time. Rest may again afford him a couple of decent games at the beginning of next season. But performance is likely to deteriorate quickly thereafter, just like during this season. Factors related to arthritis or ligament stretch do not improve with more wear and tear.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I saw Schaub's rehab on a side field doing agility drills before the season. Doing drills I looked specifically how he was moving. There were other players who I didn't think would be ready for the season who weren't--Hartmann, Sharpton, but Schaub looked surprisingly spry for a tall guy.

did you happen to see him doing similar "motions" later in the season? did he look as spry?
Old 01-19-2013   #25
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
B) Apparently (paraphrasing) the QB coach sucks
This is something I didn't think about. We lost Knapp in the offseason. Anyone think the QB coach is the reason for the regression, and we should be looking elsewhere for another coach?

BTW, we just lost our shot at getting Knapp back. He signed with the Broncos to be their QB coach. Even if we did make him an offer, how do you pass up the chance at coaching Peyton.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #26
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
13-5 ------------> AWESOME!!!!

Getting spanked and/or getting our pants pulled down by Green Bay and TWICE by New England???

= FAIL!!!
All 5 games we lost were against playoff teams. Would it have been better if we lost close games to bad teams?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #27
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 596 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected

nice blog, steph and i enjoyed the read . . . very well thought out . . . it seems many underestimate the loss of the qb of the defense, brian cushing . . . and then when we continue having injuries at the position and we are down to 3rd and 4th stringers at lb, who wouldn't expect other areas of the defense to get exposed . . . as you noted, we have developmental players all over the team, but they are improving and got many more reps this year, especially in the secondary and on the oline . . . i see the team moving up and getting stronger . . . i'm anxious for the draft . . . geaux texans . . .
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read