Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005   #41
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Here we go again:

Quote:
-- Titans Still Eyeing Henry --
Thu Jun 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Nashville Tennessean reports Titans GM Floyd Reese is laying low these days. He knows the Buffalo Bills want to dump disgruntled RB Travis Henry because RB Willis McGahee is assured of starting ahead of the former Tennessee star. The Bills have cast the bait, GM Tom Donahoe demanding a third-round draft pick for Henry. It must be said that Reese values draft picks right up there with his wife and running shoes. Prying a third-round draft pick out of Reese could prove excruciatingly difficult. There are others showing interest in Henry, a durable back who posted a 1,438-yard season in 2002, followed by a 1,356-yard year with the Bills before McGahee shuffled into Buffalo. He missed only one game in those two seasons, once playing on a broken leg. Two of the interested parties reside in the Titans division Jacksonville and Houston. The Jaguars admitted they have interest in Henry. Veteran RB Fred Taylor has suffered his share of injuries and is on the downside of a brilliant-when-healthy career. Why are the Titans interested in Henry? Primarily because of the past injury record of third-year back Chris Brown. Brown has missed significant time over his first two seasons and suffered a broken hand in non-contact drills during the team's first offseason session. Brown becomes a restricted free agent after this season, while Henry will be an unrestricted free agent. Reese insists the only way he would deal for Henry is if they can agree on a long-term contract. With NFL teams breaking camp and front office types and coaches taking vacations, don't look for much movement until training camps open.
Old 06-23-2005   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

That guy is probably just reciting the prior incorrect rumour.
Old 06-23-2005   #43
texan2061
Rookie

I would not even bother with Henry.
Old 06-23-2005   #44
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

If were showing any interest it has to be to get the Titans to bite and burn a 3rd Rd. pick.
Old 06-24-2005   #45
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I'm telling ya'll now...we're gonna get him. Watch...AND I don't really want the guy here. But I'm schoolin' you guys now...Henry will end up a Texan.

Sig it, remember it, save it..w/e...I'm going ON THE RECORD!
Old 06-24-2005   #46
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

Maybe we are driving up the price on our division rivals.
Old 06-24-2005   #47
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

The only way that Henry becomes a Texan is if Davis gets hurt in the first day of Training Camp.

Other than that, we have about 20 positions that need upgrading way before RB.

no maybe 21 other positions. ?
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2005   #48
Davis37
All Pro

I think he is gonna end up a Jag. We are just trying to jack up the price on them.
Old 06-24-2005   #49
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle
Maybe we are driving up the price on our division rivals.
That is the only way this bs makes sense... look at the Texans talking about getting Wells some snaps at fullback. How many RB's do we need...
Old 06-27-2005   #50
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
That is the only way this bs makes sense... look at the Texans talking about getting Wells some snaps at fullback. How many RB's do we need...
You can ALWAYS cut people or carry 4 RB. Even though I disagree lets say that we think Davis is a good to decent back. I will tell you right now Holling and some 3rd round 25 yearold Rookie are NOT better than Herny and since Wells is a FB I guess he doesnt count. I think if we brough Herny in he would beat DD out but hey maybe they spilt the Carries keep DD fresh and Herny is are goaline back. Since were zone blocking we might as well use the old Denver stragey "You can never have too many good RB"

As far as us getting a TE or OL not counting Verbra do you see any decent Linemen or TE? He is the best and I think everyone feel he about as good as the guys we have.

Also think about this say we give the Bills the Saints 3rd round pick. Would you rather have the T the Saints drafted and that 3rd rounder or TJ and that 3rd rounder or TJ and Herny? I say #3. I will probably get bashed on this post but I sure as heck dont want to see him run for 1,600 for the Jags (if he goes to the Titans that would still be ok they just suck.)

We might be able to keep that 3rd if gave the Bills Morncey (sp?) and like a 4th or 5th rounder?
Old 06-27-2005   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
You can ALWAYS cut people or carry 4 RB. Even though I disagree lets say that we think Davis is a good to decent back. I will tell you right now Holling and some 3rd round 25 yearold Rookie are NOT better than Herny and since Wells is a FB I guess he doesnt count.

We might be able to keep that 3rd if gave the Bills Morncey (sp?) and like a 4th or 5th rounder?
You may not think so, but I'm saying this to be nice (you seem like a bright youngster).... You are exposing your total ignorance of the NFL and you are showing your lack of understanding talent when it comes to bashing Davis over and over. Also, the statement about Morency is pure and simple bold ignorance. Morency's age has nothing to do with anything when it comes to running the football the next 5 years. He is in the prime of his Manhood.

Wells is a RB fwiw. Just because he has a fluff piece on him on the Texans site about how he may get some touches in the backfield as a FB doesn't make him one yet. I know you are 15 and know everything but if you slow down a bit and try to learn from the others.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 06-27-2005   #52
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You may not think so, but I'm saying this to be nice (you seem like a bright youngster).... You are exposing your total ignorance of the NFL and you are showing your lack of understanding talent when it comes to bashing Davis over and over. Also, the statement about Morency is pure and simple bold ignorance. Morency's age has nothing to do with anything when it comes to running the football the next 5 years. He is in the prime of his Manhood.

Wells is a RB fwiw. Just because he has a fluff piece on him on the Texans site about how he may get some touches in the backfield as a FB doesn't make him one yet. I know you are 15 and know everything but if you slow down a bit and try to learn from the others you wouldn't look so foolish all the time.
Um thats just werid that they turned him into a FB whatever. I was really trying hard not to bash DD but I still think having Herny more effective! I dont know anything about Morency so I will keep my mouth shut but if he is better than Herny we just made the sleeper pick of the year!

Back to this topic after 2adays.
Old 06-27-2005   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Um thats just werid that they turned him into a FB whatever.
Wells is no more a FB than David Carr is right now. Camp hasn't started yet and that is where his role will be defined. You are making massive assumptions off a off-season fluff piece.
Quote:
I was really trying hard not to bash DD but I still think having Herny more effective!
They are pretty much the same back, except Henry cries a lot more and is older.

Old 06-27-2005   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Before I move on I will say that I am not in the "Davis is great" camp either, so we share that a bit, but I don't put myself in a position to look like a total fool by ignoring his production or minimizing his achievments in his first two years. As a Texans fan you ought to be proud we found a viable back in the second day of the draft instead of creating a user name bashing him just because you would like to see more of a Franchise back. Carry on Pards.

Old 06-27-2005   #55
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

I will probably get bashed on this post...

Cuz, we don't have a running back problem and the stats from 04 prove it.

I can explain it again for you if you like... but unfortunately I can't "understand it for you".

Last edited by Vambo, the Marble Eye; 06-27-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2005   #56
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Cant wait till after 2adays!
Old 06-27-2005   #57
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Just a comparison not taking either side:

Henry's combined 2002 and 2003 stats his 2 best years, since he lost his job last year.

31 games
Rushing-2,794yds
Recieving-467yds
Total-3261yds
Rushing TD's-23
Recieving TD's-2
Fumbles-18

Davis' 2003 and 2004 season totals his only two years.

29 games
Rushing-2219
Recieving-939yds
Total-3158yds
Rushing TD's-21
Recieving TD's-1
Fumbles-8

You make the call.
Old 06-27-2005   #58
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

That many fumbles by Henry alone would amount to a CAPER's Quote with "over my dead body" somewhere in there, right?
Old 06-27-2005   #59
cred
Rookie

Haven't we had enough of the whole Henry thing yet? :brickwall
Old 06-27-2005   #60
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cred
Haven't we had enough of the whole Henry thing yet? :brickwall
Ditto.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read