Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2013   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Looking Ahead

Every year, people are looking at the schedule and saying whether it's an easy or a hard schedule. Welp. We're playing a first place schedule now so they're going to be harder. But...

This season, unless I'm mistaken, we're playing the NFC West, the AFC West, and the AFC 1st place teams.

That means Patriots and Ravens again during the regular season. AND we play the:

Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

What do you guys think about next year's opponents at this point?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Every year, people are looking at the schedule and saying whether it's an easy or a hard schedule. Welp. We're playing a first place schedule now so they're going to be harder. But...

This season, unless I'm mistaken, we're playing the NFC West, the AFC West, and the AFC 1st place teams.

That means Patriots and Ravens again during the regular season. AND we play the:

I think its a pretty much break even from the 2012 schedule. Same division winners and the two new divisons we play this year are pretty much on par with the last two. I like our home game set up better though. But what we saw this year is about what we can expect next year all things considering.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 268260 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely tougher, imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we can still have a 10 win season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

If we get New England early in the season, we might have a chance to get that win. So let's see

Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

I think we sweep the whole division in 2013.

13-3
Old 01-17-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Not unless Bruce Arians goes to another team, if he stays we wont sweep Indy.
Ok.... whatever.
Old 01-17-2013   #7
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This was the case for the 2012-13 season as well.

Edit: I should add to my point.

I'm just implying that we've seen how they've responded to a 1st place schedule. The focus/concern should be with them closing down the stretch, and their performance in the playoffs next season(If they're able to get back).
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2013   #8
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah ... whatever.

If Arians stays I think we will have a hell of a time even winning the division, knowing that Gary is going all in with Matt. Look at what he did with Luck as rookie QB. You really think they wont make drastic steps forward in the second year of the same system with that kid at QB? Like I said ... yeah, whatever.
At least now you're backing it up with opinion. Before it was, "you're wrong, I'm right".

But...whatever.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #9
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
At least now you're backing it up with opinion. Before it was, "you're wrong, I'm right".

But...whatever.
Not true. He puts his opinions out there. See below
Old 01-17-2013   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We just have to get the NFC West while their good...nice

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah ... whatever.

If Arians stays I think we will have a hell of a time even winning the division, knowing that Gary is going all in with Matt. Look at what he did with Luck as rookie QB. You really think they wont make drastic steps forward in the second year of the same system with that kid at QB? Like I said ... yeah, whatever.
The Colts will have a tougher schedule and won't be taking anyone by surprise. They had eleven wins this year and I think they will end up with nine or ten wins next year. Their team might take a drastic step forward but I don't think it's going to be in the amount of wins they have.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on how FA and the draft pan out, but I'm seeing 9-7, 10-6 at the moment.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

12-4
Old 01-17-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

12-4
Looks like a Pro-Bowl year for Schaub

You should be voted for President of the Sunshine Club, or at least a high ranking official.
Old 01-17-2013   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 opponents:
AFC East: Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills
NFC North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions

2013 opponents:
NFC West: Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
AFC West: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

Given the changes to these teams, like the Seahawks DC leaving for the Jags, and the Chargers, Chiefs cleaning house, I think the 2013 schedule is slightly easier. Just like last year, there are three tough games in 2013, 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos, but the rest of the teams are mediocre at best. I think the mid-level teams in 2012 were much harder than what I expect in 2013.

Overall though, I think our division will be slightly stronger in 2013 than 2012. The Jags are getting a real head coach, and will probably get a real quarterback too, through the draft or free agency. I imagine they will have a much better defense, but it also might take a year or two to get things back on track.

The Colts have 40 million to spend in free agency and should go on a defensive shopping spree. Their offense was pretty good, but I expect their defense to improve greatly with a new infusion of talent. They might even try to sign some Texans players like Quin or Casey, just to stick it to us.

The Titans will probably be an 7-8 win team without much going for them. I wouldn't expect them to turn it around next year.
Old 01-17-2013   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Looks like a Pro-Bowl year for Schaub

You should be voted for President of the Sunshine Club, or at least a high ranking official.
Really? The Texans didn't lose to a team this year that didn't make the post-season, while going 3-4 against playoff teams. I don't see the Texans taking a drastic step back next year.

Looking realistically to next years schedule: The AFC West looks (outside of Denver) relatively easy. Houston should probably go 3-1 against that division. The NFC West looks tougher than normal but if Houston goes 1-1 against SF/SEA then that's another division Houston should go 3-1 in. Sweeping divisional opponents is never easy but Houston should take four or five games in the division. Baltimore & New England are two of the toughest games but splitting those games is not out of the realm of possibility since they did it this year.

An 11-5 or 12-4 outcome is what I predict for next year.
Old 01-17-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Really? The Texans didn't lose to a team this year that didn't make the post-season, while going 3-4 against playoff teams. I don't see the Texans taking a drastic step back next year.

Looking realistically to next years schedule: The AFC West looks (outside of Denver) relatively easy. Houston should probably go 3-1 against that division. The NFC West looks tougher than normal but if Houston goes 1-1 against SF/SEA then that's another division Houston should go 3-1 in. Sweeping divisional opponents is never easy but Houston should take four or five games in the division. Baltimore & New England are two of the toughest games but splitting those games is not out of the realm of possibility since they did it this year.

An 11-5 or 12-4 outcome is what I predict for next year.
Hey anything is possible if we stay healthy mostly and especially at all the important positions. But we really don't know what we're going to get with Cushing.

Can he play at the same level as before?
Old 01-17-2013   #18
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

HOME:
Indianapolis - W
Jacksonville -W
Tennessee - W
Denver - L (But could go either way)
Oakland - W
St. Louis - W
Seattle - L
New England - L

AWAY:
Indianapolis - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee - W
Kansas City - W
San Diego - W
Arizona - W
San Francisco - L

Baltimore - L

As much as it pains me to say:
10-6 if we're healthy
9-7 if we lose key players

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #19
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We just have to get the NFC West while their good...nice
Don't forget! A bad NFC West helped them to 9 wins a while back.

Only loss came at Arizona on a game put away by a pick 6 and a goal line stand by the Cardinals if I remember correctly.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the jags will make the playoffs this year ...!!!!!!!!!!! Naaa j/k LOL i wouldnt be surprised if they did tho pooorr titans they might have colts and jags surpass them when in reality they should be #2
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read