Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-17-2013   #81
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

LoL I just heard on the radio that after one of their games the coach gave the game ball to teo's Gf. Told Teo to take the ball back to Hawaii.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #82
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

If it was a crazy chick lying to him, I wonder at what tangible moment he said 'oh s*&T! I've been had!'
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #83
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When I was younger and aol chatrooms were a big deal I used to be in those things all the time.

I would not have fallen for this for 3 damn years. Not even 2 weeks...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #84
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Te'o's favorite song ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIc8krqspIc
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #85
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
There's obviously alot more to this story than has been reported already and I would imagine that when all is said and done Te'o draft stock will take a big hit. Some folks on the radio are even speculating that Te'o may be gay and this girlfriend story is a way to cover that up.
This makes the most logical sense to me in an Occam's razor sort of way.

He's from a Mormon family going to to a Catholic school playing on a football scholarship. Any one of those three frown on homosexuality, but all three? Great incentive to make up a g/f in order to deflect any curiosity about his sexuality. Make her in another state so it explains why she is never around, but gives him a perfect excuse why he's not taking advantage of all the easy girls that give themselves to football players.

So he's either gay, or a pathological liar, or a gullible dupe. The first makes the most sense given everything he has said to the press over the years. But this would be the last thing he would ever admit because of the pro career ahead of him.
Old 01-17-2013   #86
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This makes the most logical sense to me in an Occam's razor sort of way.

He's from a Mormon family going to to a Catholic school playing on a football scholarship. Any one of those three frown on homosexuality, but all three? Great incentive to make up a g/f in order to deflect any curiosity about his sexuality. Make her in another state so it explains why she is never around, but gives him a perfect excuse why he's not taking advantage of all the easy girls that give themselves to football players.

So he's either gay, or a pathological liar, or a gullible dupe. The first makes the most sense given everything he has said to the press over the years. But this would be the last thing he would ever admit because of the pro career ahead of him.
The gay theory is actually starting to get some traction around the internet. Just google "manti teo gay".

Plus he chose to go to ND.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #87
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The story going around is this was a sympathy ploy created by Te'os friend Ronaiah Tuiasosopo -- to garner media attention for Manti.

Which means Manti went along with it.

That Tuiasosopo initially "conjured" the girl in 2009 and duped at least one other guy with an online romance.

Only problem is, this Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is also a pastor at a church in Palmdale, California. (?)(!)

Even worse, former Arizona Cardinal Reagan Mauia says he actually met the girl Kekeo -- which means this Pastor Ronaiah Tuiasosopo took this as far as to have someone agree to pose as "her".

Which would make Pastor Tuiasosopo one sick bastage.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2013   #88
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

So...if the guy is there at 27 thanks to all of this do you take him?
Old 01-17-2013   #89
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
So...if the guy is there at 27 thanks to all of this do you take him?
I already said no.

If he was duped, well, then he has emotional issues and is unstable.

If he lied then heck no.

If he is gay, well, will an NFL locker room accept that?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #90
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I already said no.

If he was duped, well, then he has emotional issues and is unstable.

If he lied then heck no.

If he is gay, well, will an NFL locker room accept that?
Personally I think he lied about it. Just doesn't add up.

I'd take a shot at him though, especially since he's a top prospect and would fill a need. I don't think we'd need him to be a leader, we just need talented LBs.
Old 01-17-2013   #91
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Personally I think he lied about it. Just doesn't add up.

I'd take a shot at him though, especially since he's a top prospect and would fill a need. I don't think we'd need him to be a leader, we just need talented LBs.
If he lied risk/reward - he could fall in our lap but he could also burn out and stink or never play.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #92
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
More Te'oing

Can someone send me this pic link?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #93
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
He had to be in on it in an attempt to win the Heisman.

That being said I hope his draft stock plummets.
That is a guarantee. Every GM will quiz him about this and come away thinking he's not even worth a 5th round pick. He will never hear the end of it in the locker room and become a massive distraction. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole now if I'm a GM.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #94
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
If he lied risk/reward - he could fall in our lap but he could also burn out and stink or never play.
hell, he's already passed on the Sr Bowl. Dude's career is supposed to be playing football after College and he's passing the Sr Bowl. Another red flag to me. Perhaps he can be the Rocket's Royce White bookend we need for sports talk radio?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #95
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that I am having difficulty with is this:

Teo was aware that she had cancer. It was not a situation where he found out she had cancer and then she died. So there was a certain period where she had cancer and he was aware. If this person was really the love of his life, why would he not at least visited her once in the hospital? I know if someone I cared about was in the hospital, I would visit them. If the love of my life was diagnosed with Leukemia, you can bet your life savings I would have visited her at least once. Hard to wrap my mind around that one.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #96
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hell, he's already passed on the Sr Bowl. Dude's career is supposed to be playing football after College and he's passing the Sr Bowl. Another red flag to me. Perhaps he can be the Rocket's Royce White bookend we need for sports talk radio?
He should drop, but not just because of this... it was his play in the NCG. He was badly exposed during the Bama game. He feasted on poor offenses during the regular season. In the championship game when he finally faced a legit offense, he faltered badly. In the NFL, just about every team he would face would have as good or a better offense than Alabama.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #97
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #98
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
One thing that I am having difficulty with is this:

Te’o was aware that she had cancer. It was not a situation where he found out she had cancer and then she died. So there was a certain period where she had cancer and he was aware. If this person was really the love of his life, why would he not at least visited her once in the hospital? I know if someone I cared about was in the hospital, I would visit them. If the love of my life was diagnosed with Leukemia, you can bet your life savings I would have visited her at least once. Hard to wrap my mind around that one.
yeah, his story doesn't hold water. It's just not believable. I think he is naive all right, naive enough to think he can make bold faced lies in that kind of spotlight. Dude got a lot of love for this a few months ago so I don't feel bad for him now. He deserves all the shame he is getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
He should drop, but not just because of this... it was his play in the NCG. He was badly exposed during the Bama game. He feasted on poor offenses during the regular season. In the championship game when he finally faced a legit offense, he faltered badly. In the NFL, just about every team he would face would have as good or a better offense than Alabama.
I've watched him play a few times and I don't think he can play in man coverage at the next level. He's had some picks but they were all in zone. I think DeMeco was a better prospect coming out of Bama.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #99
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
^^^ That.

Common answer from crazy online hoes as to why you can't see them after an accident/illness:
(1) this hopsital only allows family members
(2) I'm recovering at a family member's out of state
(3) I don't want you to see me like this

When you try to push, they get mad, and say things like "I'm sick/injured, why are you being so pushy?" and then turn it on you and why you're being a jerk, start a fight, and eventually guilt you into getting off the phone.

Again, not saying I know the truth, just saying it is entirely possible he is telling the truth.

*note* in my defense, during my online dating days Facebook didn't exist and MySpace was just being born, so it was uncommon for someone to have 50 family photos of someone they aren't, nah, no defense, I was a co-dependent dumbass, but hey, we all have our days of being lame
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013   #100
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He passed on the Sr Bowl because they were going to release this storyt next week. Too bad someone decided to break the story first.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read