Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2013   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots

Quote:
Color Mr. Joseph unimpressed.

"Obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ballgames to get up to that point," Joseph told Dave Zangaro of ComcastSportsNet Houston of Sunday's playoff loss. "For whatever reason, we didn't advance. I still can't put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn't make the plays at the right time."

Asked if the gap between the Texans and Patriots remains a wide one, Joseph stuck to his story: "Not at all," he said. "Just four or five plays. You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it's a different ballgame."
Old 01-16-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

yeah, it kinda bothers me too. If you were the better team you'd be playing this weekend.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't they just do a study where they determined that young people today are a bit delusional and narcissistic...you know, living in a dream world?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Show me how you're better J-Jo. Please, show me. By my calculations the combined score was 83-42. In two games you scored as much as they did in 1 game. Stupid **** like this pisses me off. You got corn holed by a team twice, so just giive em their props or drop a "no comment" and STFU
Old 01-16-2013   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Show me how you're better J-Jo. Please, show me. By my calculations the combined score was 83-42. In two games you scored as much as they did in 1 game. Stupid **** like this pisses me off. You got corn holed by a team twice, so just giive em their props or drop a "no comment" and STFU
yeah, you play the games to show who is better. Unless you are in College and then they use the United Nations system of figuring stuff out by voting.

Old 01-16-2013   #6
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine the **** Tom Brady would get if he said that had we won? We'd be coming down on him calling him a sore loser.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129553 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Can you imagine the **** Tom Brady would get if he said that had we won? We'd be coming down on him calling him a sore loser.
Uh...no actually I'd be calling him a 3itch. Hell they won and I'm STILL calling him one.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a problem with my players thinking we have the right guys to win it all if that's their truth.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots
Different Attitudes work for different types of people so I won't tell him how he should feel.

But he is wrong though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #10
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

JoJo should be thinking about how he can get properly fit and come back stronger next season not about 4 or 5 plays, because if by 4 or 5 plays 2 of them are TDs, 2 XPs and an FG then you are losing by 17 points. Texans lost by more than 17 points on average.

I know you can't blame the guy for getting injured, but at the same time he can't be openning his mouth because he became gradually more and more inneffectual through his injuries from around week 2 or 3 onwards and to my mind never fully recovered all season.

So we've got Reed throwing his coach under the bus for not preparing him and we've got JoJo thinking the tonking they took twice over doesn't represent a gap.

The last few years I've been used to going into the offseason having real reason for hope of improvement. I really struggle to imagine, beyond some miracle draft 06 style, the overall talent level of this team improving over time, we're going to be forced to replace our mid-level talent and contributing backups with rookies year after year from here on out and I really struggle to imagine that anything other than improvement in coaching is going to move the chains on this teams potential going forward.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like the post 2010 (6-10) arguments.

We're just a couple plays from 10-6.

We were also a couple if plays from 2-14.

It took upgrading a coach and some players. Sounds like a food recipe to take the next step.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 01-16-2013   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

“How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-16-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You got beat twice handily by the Patriots, and you come out and say this?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #14
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You got beat twice handily by the Patriots, and you come out and say this?
Yep, nice little bulletin board material for the Pats when we meet next season.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #15
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

What he said here doesn't bother me. I want my team to be confident and believe they can beat anyone.

But maybe he should have said, "We are the better team, but they played better than us today."
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
What he said here doesn't bother me. I want my team to be confident and believe they can beat anyone.

But maybe he should have said, "We are the better team, but they played better than us today."
Or "they were the better team the 2 times we played them this year but I believe we can beat them in the future." That gives them respect and acknowledges you have confidence in the guys you have.
Old 01-16-2013   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post

Well .take 4 or 5 plays away from both games and we are looking at a combined score of 48-42 pats still win (taking as way 5 TDs of course )
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #18
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 5468 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Completely agree. Our team team had some deficiencies, but is a Top 5 in the league. Tom Brady beated us. Not the Patriots.
Old 01-16-2013   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Well .take 4 or 5 plays away from both games and we are looking at a combined score of 48-42 pats still win (taking as way 5 TDs of course )
well, let's take away 4-5 scores from the Patriots in all their games and they don't make the playoffs. so there

Old 01-16-2013   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone consider what he said was taken out of context?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...than-patriots/
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read