Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2005   #61
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are yall bothering to argue with RBin05? He is obviously an immature troll. He continues to make stupid comments that are in complete opposition of the facts.. and people continue to take them seriously.

Let it go... the guy is just being a punk.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #62
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Why are yall bothering to argue with RBin05? He is obviously an immature troll. He continues to make stupid comments that are in complete opposition of the facts.. and people continue to take them seriously.

Let it go... the guy is just being a punk.
No Sir Grid in a year yall will be saying "Oh RBin05 You were right DD stinks we got ________ Now he is sooooooo much better." Until then just try not to call me a troll!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #63
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No Sir Grid in a year yall will be saying "Oh RBin05 You were right DD stinks we got ________ Now he is sooooooo much better." Until then just try not to call me a troll!
you, sir, smoke entirely too much crack.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #64
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Originally posted by TexansNeedRBin05
BS He gains NO extra yardage. First hit he is DOWN!
i think i speak collectively for this enitre board when i say...PROVE IT!!!
Old 06-16-2005   #65
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
i think i speak collectively for this enitre board when i say...PROVE IT!!!
He can't. The more I see of his posts that make absoluty zero sense, the more I suspect him to be just a dipstick troll. Maybe, just maybe, he is just a youngster who likes sitting behind a keyboard where no one can or say anything to him and likes having people react to his posts. Either way, he comes off badly in the knowledge area.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #66
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't think he's seen DD play very often. DD is very seldom taken down by the first guy.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #67
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
You must not watch the Texans... DD rarely goes down on the first hit. He might break tackels like Jamal Lewis, but he does shed alot of blockers in the open field. Just because DD is not in the form ur YOUR ideal back, does not make him a crappy back. If you want to watch a team with a big power back, go watch the Steelers. That would work out great since ur so in love with Bettis and Staley (not Stanley)...
Old 06-17-2005   #68
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
I thought I told you that you were a Super Troll. Let's get it right.
Old 06-17-2005   #69
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
You must not watch the Texans... DD rarely goes down on the first hit. He might break tackels like Jamal Lewis, but he does shed alot of blockers in the open field. Just because DD is not in the form ur YOUR ideal back, does not make him a crappy back. If you want to watch a team with a big power back, go watch the Steelers. That would work out great since ur so in love with Bettis and Staley (not Stanley)...
Hey TexansNeedRBin05--I went ahead and signed you up on the Steelers message boards.
I put your name as IHaveManCrushOnBettis. Your password is SuperTroll. I put your picture up of a ceramic yard knome (I think I spelled that right and if not I do not need to hear anything from since you can't even spell Duce Staley correctly). And for your saying at the bottom of your posts I put "I like big butts and I cannot lie".
Old 06-17-2005   #70
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Hey TexansNeedRBin05--I went ahead and signed you up on the Steelers message boards.
I put your name as IHaveManCrushOnBettis. Your password is SuperTroll. I put your picture up of a ceramic yard knome (I think I spelled that right and if not I do not need to hear anything from since you can't even spell Duce Staley correctly). And for your saying at the bottom of your posts I put "I like big butts and I cannot lie".
hahahaha
Old 06-17-2005   #71
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Funny man....lol. He's only 15 so I'm sure he is consulting his upper classman friends on a witty comeback. But anyways, glad that someone set him straight. I love the witty banter...
Old 06-17-2005   #72
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Funny man....lol. He's only 15 so I'm sure he is consulting his upper classman friends on a witty comeback. But anyways, glad that someone set him straight. I love the witty banter...
TexansNeedRBin05 is welcome here whatever his age. The Texans want this to be a place for all their fans. There is nothing about being 15 that means he can't have a valid opinion. Fiddy expressed himself well and backed up his opinions so well he was made a moderator.
Old 06-17-2005   #73
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. Yeah, I know he's 15, nothing wrong with that...I was that age once as well. That has nothing to do with his ability to post an inteligent thread. But, maybe his maturity level does...age and maturity do not always go hand in hand. As far as Fiddy goes...good for his accomplishments, but I would bet he's an exception to the rule when it comes to views on sports and intelligent posts from a young fan.
Old 06-17-2005   #74
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
i'd be more then happy to see some video footage of that on more then a couple of occasions. And for all these people saying " after a breakout year lets trade him for a 1rst and 3rd". It won't be considered a breakout year, because we now expect that kind of performance from him, and also Shaun Alexander, who lost the rushing title by 1 yard, couldn't even be dealt for a 3rd rounder, and the Cardinals wouldn't even trade Shelton( whom they later released) for Travis Henry, a back that is very dominant and still in his prime, and no other team would send a 2nd or 3rd for him, so what makes you think we will get a 1rst and 3rd for DD? What even makes you think we would be willing to trade him in the first place?
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #75
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
i'd be more then happy to see some video footage of that on more then a couple of occasions. And for all these people saying " after a breakout year lets trade him for a 1rst and 3rd". It won't be considered a breakout year, because we now expect that kind of performance from him, and also Shaun Alexander, who lost the rushing title by 1 yard, couldn't even be dealt for a 3rd rounder, and the Cardinals wouldn't even trade Shelton( whom they later released) for Travis Henry, a back that is very dominant and still in his prime, and no other team would send a 2nd or 3rd for him, so what makes you think we will get a 1rst and 3rd for DD? What even makes you think we would be willing to trade him in the first place?
For the record, most teams didn't want to trade for those guys (Alexander, Henry, and E. James) cuz they're so-called cancers in the locker rooms. Especially Henry. Also they would've had to take on they're contract and HOPE a new can be worked out or else they lose out on those guys and who they traded them for as well.
The new rule on DB's to minimize contact on the WR's has got some teams wanting to pass more so they'll shy away from trading for big name RB's.
And DD isn't really a trade (wel sort of) It's a RFA thing. If we don't lock him long term B-4 03/01/06, other teams can offer him a contract and if we don't match, he's a gonner. And I don't think we can Franchise Tag a RFA (someone help me out on that one). And in return we would get that particulars team 1st and 3rd round pick in the next draft. And other teams will (maybe just 1or2) cuz he is NOT a cancer to the team. That is kinda the risk you take when you sign guys to that kind of contract. Originally he was supposed to just return kicks and be a 3rd down back, noone knew he was gonna be our starting RB.
I don't want to see him go, I just wanted to bring to light the parameters of his contract and see what you guys thought. That's why I started this thread.
Old 06-17-2005   #76
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is why I think DD will not be traded.

The FO has been wanting to build this team through the draft from day one, they aren't going to trade away a drafted player.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #77
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Here is why I think DD will not be traded.

The FO has been wanting to build this team through the draft from day one, they aren't going to trade away a drafted player.
He's also too much of a fan favorite. Well @ least most fans, right TexansNeeRBin05?
Old 06-17-2005   #78
Caz
Rookie

Default The Steeler fan is back and boy what you miss in a day

Coming on to the message board more frequently I notice I may have jumped the gun when I ask when all Texan fans are down on DD. I have noticed going through this thread that there are only a few of you. One thing this board has showed me there are a few people here who will never be satisfied with what they got and thats understandable. We are all looking to get better.

What I say to you unhappy people is the same thing I said last time I wias on here. I would be happy as hell if the Steelers picked him up as a restricted free agent and gave up there 1st and 3rd. I want my team to upgrade too and I think DD is a lot better than anything we got and we went 15-1 last year. He would be just we we needed to get over that hump. I am not saying we will go 15-1 again (I can only hope), but I am saying that not many Steeler fans would complaing getting a back that young and talented.

So for the Steelers pick up that restricted free agent and win the superbowl and let them have the last pick in the first roung.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #79
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
IF Davis has the breakout year we all want and expect him to have, 1400-1700 yards and 12+ TD's and minimal fumbles, then he's gonna be a HOT COMMODITY. He becomes a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) at seasons end if we don't sign him to a new deal between now and 03/01/06 then teams can submit an offer sheet on him. And if the Texans won't/can't match it, then he goes to one of those teams and we get that teams 1st and 3rd round pick (unless some other deal is hammered out) in the upcoming draft in late April. You become a RFA by signing a 3 year deal once drafted (I think, help me out Vinny). Most teams will sign their 3rd and 4th rounder to 3 year deals and then just wait and see what happens. I think Peek is a RFA as well as Ragone, not sure about those two guys though. I'd like to see what you guys think. With Morency in the wings would you be happy with the extra pix especially since next years draft is supposed to churn out 4-5 1st round OT prospects.

well if he has that kinda season why in the world would we wanna trade him in the first place ???? I mean it'll be his 3rd year and he's only getting better. Plus D.D was a steal in the draft and is a pretty solid running back whom i wouldnt mind staying and beign our starter for the next 10 years.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #80
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
well if he has that kinda season why in the world would we wanna trade him in the first place ???? I mean it'll be his 3rd year and he's only getting better. Plus D.D was a steal in the draft and is a pretty solid running back whom i wouldnt mind staying and beign our starter for the next 10 years.
It's not us trading him. It's how RFA worx. If another teams swoops in and offers him a contract that we cannot afford, then he's gone yet we get that teams 1st and 3rd.
It's not really a trade. It just resembles a trade. We have not really seen that here cuz Free Agency started only a couple years B-4 the Spoilers left then we were without a team (or followed the titans) and then since the Texans have been around, none of our RFA's were being sought by other teams.
We can only hope they (Casserky & Crew) sign long term B-4 the season ends. A trip to the ProBowl wouldn't hurt either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read