Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-15-2005   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I hope there is a day when we can have two Dom threads at the top of this forum and at least one of them spell his name right.
That is too much.

Maybe just stick with DD, or Dom Davis.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #22
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yes.. lets all hope that DD gets a 2000 yard season so that we can trade him for a 1st rounder and draft a young unproven back who will be X100 better.

If DD does well next season and stays healthy.. he is going to get a fat contract and we can look forward to having his skills for years to come. If he does badly.. he will get a not so fat contract and we can look forward to having him as a very good backup for years to come.

what you WONT see.. is DD leaving Houston. Thank god.

Seriously.. are you a fan of this team or not? cause I dont understand how anyone can look forward to trading a player like DD who has come in for us and given 110%.. and improved our offense ten fold.

Hes young.. and hes VERY talented.. you should be hoping that he has a good season and proves that he can be an every down back.. so that we can benefit from his abilities in the future.. not so that we can trade him for someone else.

Maybe if AJ has a really good season we can trade him for T.O... maybe if Carr has a good season we can trade him for a 1st rounder and get Matt Lienert.. maybe if Dunta has a good season we can trade him for Bailey.. why does ANYONE want to trade our young talent? good teams do not toss away talent.. they develop it.

Seriously.. if you are a fan of this team.. you should consider supporting our players so that our team can improve.. not so that we can trade them away and get whoever it is you have a man-crush on.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #23
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He could be the first Texan in the HOF. IMHO
Before the Hall of Fame, he needs to be a probowler. To be a probowler he needs to hang onto t he ball an avoid injury for a full season. I think DD is a great back, but Hall of Fame is a a group of players that are head and shoulders above their peers. I thought Haywood Jeffries was a great receiver, but I dont think he is a hall of famer by any stretch of the imagination. Its far too early to project DD as anything.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #24
Jwwillis
All Pro

As I recall the average career span for a RB in the NFL is 5yrs. It may have increased since I heard that stat but it does make you wonder how much will be left after yr.4.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
As I recall the average career span for a RB in the NFL is 5yrs...
But what is the average career span for any NFL player? Some guys don't last long because they're not NFL caliber. I'd like to see a study on the average career span for a RB who gains 1000 yards in a season once in his career. Or twice. And so on. My guess is that the better the RB, the longer the career span.
Old 06-15-2005   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
As I recall the average career span for a RB in the NFL is 5yrs. It may have increased since I heard that stat but it does make you wonder how much will be left after yr.4.
Lucky hit the nail on the head. Lots of guys never make it past year 1 or 2. Even more never had a 1000 yd season. Less than 20 RB's out of over 1500 that have ever tried to make it in the NFL have started their careers with 2 1000 yd campaigns and none of them failed to get to a pro-bowl at some point. (Before you say it--none made it before the advent of the 16 game season--just one split the transition) DD may never make it to the pro-bowl or or be an elite back (and frankly I don't care as long as he is in the effective but 6-12th best RB range) but I will bet his career lasts over 5 years.
Old 06-15-2005   #27
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
FINALLY THEY HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO ME! TRADE DOMANICK OR GET A 3RD AND 1ST FOR HIM I like that!
How ignorant is this? :brickwall Why don't you start your very own thread, call it "I Hate DD" and then post over and over again about how bad he is and how he fumbles too much. Then, when he rushes for a few more 1000 yard seasons and makes the Pro Bowl, the rest of us will have something to go back and laugh at.

Last edited by bigtex77; 06-15-2005 at 08:57 PM.
bigtex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2005   #28
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
How ignorant is this? :brickwall Why don't you start your very own thread, call it "I Hate DD" and then post over and over again about how bad he is and how he fumbles too much. Then, when he rushes for a few more 1000 yard seasons and makes the Pro Bowl, the rest of us will have something to go back and laugh at.
I really dont say he fumbles all that much and I dont hate him as a person hes just a crappy back!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #29
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
I really dont say he fumbles all that much and I dont hate him as a person hes just a crappy back!
How does a back that runs for over 1000 yards and catches 68 passes for almost 600 yards be a crappy back? Every one of your posts says that DD sucks, but you give no reason why he sucks. Support your statements with facts.
Old 06-16-2005   #30
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
I was hoping you wouldn't notice this thread. "Crappy Back"?? Really. You REALLY think he's a Crappy Back. I mean Ryan Leaf was a crappy QB, Matt Stevens was a crappy FS, or let me guess, you've got DD juuuust a half a notch above those guys. Crappy....? C'mon dude.
Old 06-16-2005   #31
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I hope there is a day when we can have two Dom threads at the top of this forum and at least one of them spell his name right.
Is'nt your location---In "da" kitchen?
Old 06-16-2005   #32
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, you are everything that is wrong with professional sports fans today. It's not that your opinionated or harsh. It's the fact that you are opinionated, harsh, and yet remarkably ignorant too. You don't understand the game of football, obviously, and yet you are passionate enough about it to spend your time on message boards. I'm sure you boo your own team without real provocation and take each loss with personal offense, as if the team's performance or the game's outcome has anything to do with you.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Isn't your question--"isn't your location?"

Sorry, had to do it.
Old 06-16-2005   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
You know, there is a difference between redundantly misspelling a man's name and a little humorous text in my title. You guys never cease to amaze me with how petty groups of people are when in anonymous, faceless groups. Frankly, I didn't even put that in my title....Khari did, and she is more educated than everyone here probably....she just has a sense of humor. Misspelling Dom's name over and over is kind of disrespectful.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #35
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:

Guys,

Anybody that has ....needs a "RBin05" in their screen name can not have a very complex thought process to leap to hating the Texans starting running back.

Besides, it is good to see the technique of "jumping to solution" is still alive and well in our youth. Although I am getting tired of seeing it manifest itself over and over and over and over....
Old 06-16-2005   #36
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Shaun Alexander, Edgerin James, Travis Henry were all made very available by their teams for trade and nobody was willing to part with a 2nd round pick for any of them... I doubt that anyone would sign Davis away from us if we tender him an offer- teams rarely do in those cases.
Not to mention that the upcoming year is goning to have a very good running back class with Reggie Bush and Deangelo Williams at the fore.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #37
cadahnic
All Pro

Man Jppaul could you imagine reggie bush in the backfield with our team. Man it just makes me sing. Anyway it is not gonna happen, but it is a great thought. DD is quickly becoming one of the premier backs in this league and if he has another good year and we do not sign him we dont have to worry because some other team will take him, or we will have to use the franchise tender on him in two years. The kid can play and we are lucky to have such a good young RB.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #38
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Okay, you are everything that is wrong with professional sports fans today. It's not that your opinionated or harsh. It's the fact that you are opinionated, harsh, and yet remarkably ignorant too. You don't understand the game of football, obviously, and yet you are passionate enough about it to spend your time on message boards. I'm sure you boo your own team without real provocation and take each loss with personal offense, as if the team's performance or the game's outcome has anything to do with you.
I disagree 110% with that #1 It not that hard for an NFL back to get 1,000 yds. That was back when there were only 14 Games now the mark would have about 1,200-1,500 (also RB are getting better and so are the linemen.) #2 That really hurts when people like John Green from Detriot throw beer on people and your saying just because I Disagree with you I am "are everything that is wrong with professional sports fans today." #3 Why the hell would I boo the Texans I love them (even DD I cheer for him) even though he is not very good. Just a question to you does the teams performance have anything to do with any of us?
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #39
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Default Dd

Honestly, I think if DD doesn't carry for over 1,000 I would consider trading, releasing him. I think V. Morency is going to be the Texan's back of the future....getting someone like LT or Shaun Alexander would be nice too.

Also I think we need to give Jammal Lord a chance during camp and pre season at RB.

^^^^^I love that guy

Tell me what you think.
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its not going to happen. Start a thread if you want to talk about it. Try to stay on topic. Just a reminder.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read