Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2013   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Texans Insanity 2013: doing the exact same thing over again and expecting different results.
Exactly.

Kubiak just did his press conference and he basically defended everybody. The oline is just young and needs to gel, the defense just didn't execute, special teams played good and finally took to the coaching.

Kubiak is loyal to his guys. He's proven this. Coaches, players...

He's indicating that not much is going to change. But we'll see...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Probably Barwin, cause believing in Schaub is too mainstream.
I would imagine Danieal Manning or Joseph or Antonio Smith. It'd be a guy on defense who was tired of cleaning up spills on aisle 8.

I would then put tier 2 at being Ben Tate (because I think he's had it with the whole damn team, honestly), or maybe an outside shot at it being Andre Johnson....because AJ is nice, but the man wants a ring and he's entitled to be a little skeptical, IMO, even IF Schaub has fed him the ball a lot in the past.

Tier 3 would be Shayne Graham and Donnie Jones, because those two guys can only wish and dream that they had the foot that Schaub has. Jealous. LMAO.
Old 01-14-2013   #23
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I would imagine Danieal Manning or Joseph or Antonio Smith. It'd be a guy on defense who was tired of cleaning up spills on aisle 8.

I would then put tier 2 at being Ben Tate (because I think he's had it with the whole damn team, honestly), or maybe an outside shot at it being Andre Johnson....because AJ is nice, but the man wants a ring and he's entitled to be a little skeptical, IMO, even IF Schaub has fed him the ball a lot in the past.

Tier 3 would be Shayne Graham and Donnie Jones, because those two guys can only wish and dream that they had the foot that Schaub has. Jealous. LMAO.
Could be TJ Yates too...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Exactly.

Kubiak just did his press conference and he basically defended everybody. The oline is just young and needs to gel, the defense just didn't execute, special teams played good and finally took to the coaching.

I wish Kubiak would go completely off-script and say this:

"You know what, John? **** the haters. This is MY crew. They got me, I got them. We roll heavy. You understand me? You FEEL ME, dawg? Sure, the guys come over for fondu and a round or three of Uno. So what if I paid for them to get those letter jackets?!?! They look smokin' hot in those jackets. The chicks are all over them when they go to Whataburger after our walk-throughs."

And then he drops the microphone and holds his hand in the air.
Old 01-14-2013   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Could be TJ Yates too...
Nah. It wouldn't be any of the JV quarterbacks.

I thought about it for a split second, but it doesn't fit. It would have to be a hot-blooded defensive guy (and boy howdy it sounds like it ain't JJ WATT!) who feels the defense was put into too many tough positions all season long.

And for me, that's Manning and Joseph and Smith. Those three guys I could see being a bit pissed off about what they might THINK was a screw job for their guy Wade Phillips and their guy Brian Cushing. Not to mention ALL the injured defensive guys, all those LBs there.

On the offense, it'd have to be someone who is already disgruntled and isn't down with being Texans Worthy. Ben Tate is likely getting traded, it would be HIM if it's a guy on offense.

ZERO guys on the OL are going to throw Schaub under the bus. Only AJ stands out as being a potential guy...but even then it doesn't seem to fit, IMO.

Antonio Smith is not shy to run his mouth.
Old 01-14-2013   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio has also been on a Superbowl team with Kurt Warner, if I'm not mistaken.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

That post was a crack at Barwin being a hipster. Hipsters don't want to be mainstream, i.e. like popular things or go with the crowd.

Old 01-14-2013   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny, because they are hipsters in the first place because it is mainstream. They should just call it how-people-who-don't-look-like-pretty-boys-or-model-type-girls-get-onto-the-top-40-stations. It's just pop for non-beautiful youths.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
That post was a crack at Barwin being a hipster. Hipsters don't want to be mainstream, i.e. like popular things or go with the crowd.

I know. I know.

I ignored your humor and went straight for the jugular with my own list of suspects.

I used to have the ability to laugh at Barwin hipster references, but to be honest I'm just straight up unable to even see his name or type it without my blood pressure rising 30 points.

I want that guy GONE.
Old 01-14-2013   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We've had different results. We've gone from 6-10 to 12-4. We used to get swept by the Jags, now we're sweeping the Jags. We used to get owned on the road, now we own on the road. We used to get owned at home, now we own at home.

We used to dream about the play-offs, now we don't talk draft until the third week of January.
Hey, let's go back to 1998 when Houston didn't even have an NFL team.

Isn't it just NICE to have a team? Quit bitching about everything else. We have a team now!

I think you kinda' missed my point, but that's okay.

Quote:
Exactly.

Yep. It's everybody's fault, it's nobody's fault. Schaub is wonderful and we'll get 'em next year, Tiger.
Old 01-14-2013   #31
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Wilson didn't have much help from Lynch but managed to come back from 20 yesterday
Yup Wilson did it all on his own, huh? Conveniently forgetting HE lost the game. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Old 01-14-2013   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever the problem was, be it injuries, coaching, players, refs, aliens, the Texans went downhill the last part of the season. They barely squeaked by the Bengals, and got their asses handed to them by New England.

I don't know whose fault it is, I'm neither a player or a coach. But as a fan, I can see they didn't play as well this last month. And as a fan, I can ***** and moan about it all I want.

Am I'm gonna.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #33
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

they are inside the bubble. its only natural for them to defend a teammate. but the people speak the truth.

4-15 for the offense on 3rd down.

an offense that has 6 pro bowlers.

we all know the 2 biggest problems here.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly.

Kubiak just did his press conference and he basically defended everybody. The oline is just young and needs to gel, the defense just didn't execute, special teams played good and finally took to the coaching. .
Noone wants to point the finger at the ONE person who took an Oline that was gelling quite well and turned it into water!!! NOR do they want to admit that trading Demeco ended up being a complete diaster for our D. He was the leader, the one person who could make them "execute!" PLUS, it only took STs 18 games to "finally took to the coaching!!?" Does that mean Marciano gets another PASS???? Geeeeeezzzzzz!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #35
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Texans Insanity 2013: doing the exact same thing over again and expecting different results.
iirc that was a popular phrase when kubes was re-signed too...
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #36
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing is Schaub threw some passes where they needed to be early in that game. James Casey dropped a would be Touchdown pass on the first drive (settled for FG), and Arian Foster dropped a wide open potential first-down pass over the middle of the field that had big play written all over it on our second drive (we punted). If we make those two plays we may have taken a 14-0 or 10-0 lead and the entire attitude of that game is totally different.

Granted, the Patriots won the game in the third quarter, winning it 14-0. We still went to halftime down 17-13. But we left points on the table early in that game. I thought the team played incredibly hard in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarter - never giving up and I was proud of them.

If only we had made a couple more plays early in that game and played to a standstill in the 3rd quarter, like we pretty much did in the other three, it was a winnable game.
Old 01-14-2013   #37
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Probably Barwin, cause believing in Schaub is too mainstream.
On TT it is very hipster though.
Old 01-14-2013   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
iirc that was a popular phrase when kubes was re-signed too...
At the time it was correct, but that was pre-Wade.

BTW, I'm not hatin' on Kubiak or Schaub, but I'm ready to keep my post-season expectations low with both of them leading this team.
Old 01-14-2013   #39
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Forbes says Matt is worth the salary, JJo is a bit overpaid

http://www.forbes.com/sites/montebur...ayoff-players/

(they do say their list is highly subjective)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #40
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
they are inside the bubble. its only natural for them to defend a teammate. but the people speak the truth.

4-15 for the offense on 3rd down.

an offense that has 6 pro bowlers.

we all know the 2 biggest problems here.
I'd still come back with pretty much the same team this September. We just need a few more upgrades (on defense), and a healthy Brian Cushing.

I think we can take the 1st seed in the AFC and kick some ass in the 2014 playoffs at Reliant Stadium. This is not an off-season to make major changes. I still believe in our offense. Having Ben Tate healthy and running like a horse again, which he did in 2011, will also help lessen the load for Arian Foster.

I trust the development of our young wideouts. DeVier Posey made some excellent progress late in the season and playoffs. Keshawn Martin needs to become a bigger part of the offense next season. He's a dynamic slot guy and has great quickness, speed and runs the routes well. The coaches under-used him this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read