Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2013   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Grades - Texans

Texans 2013 NFL Draft Grades Video

Good morning Texans fans! Here's my draft grades for you guys

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Grades - Texans

i dont see the disappointment in not taking another corner. joseph is a top 5 corner and kareem jackson is at worst a great #2 - and probably a strong #1. the texans re-signed brice mccain and still have brandon harris and roc carmichael on the squad to round them out. that's not even touching on the depth at safety with 3 starters plus coach favorite eddie pleasant coming off the bench.
Old 05-03-2013   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for video Em. Although you can't get enough of CBs, I am not so concern about CB. I think we needed other positions more and filled most of our needs through draft except for ILB.

BTW, good job of nailing our 1st rd pick on your mock draft!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i dont see the disappointment in not taking another corner. joseph is a top 5 corner and kareem jackson is at worst a great #2 - and probably a strong #1. the texans re-signed brice mccain and still have brandon harris and roc carmichael on the squad to round them out. that's not even touching on the depth at safety with 3 starters plus coach favorite eddie pleasant coming off the bench.
What's your thoughts on those UDFA RBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks for video Em. Although you can't get enough of CBs, I am not so concern about CB. I think we needed other positions more and filled most of our needs through draft except for ILB.

BTW, good job of nailing our 1st rd pick on your mock draft!
Thanks Samurai! I'd keep an eye on Mike Mohammed as a good find at ILB
Old 05-03-2013   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good video, Em. You have come a long way since the first couple videos you posted here.

Which UDFA RB has the edge in your mind?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

very nice presentation as usual. disappointing not to address ILB position but your high on Mike Mohamed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4uX8pOxT3I

what is your opinion of moves early to select primary targets as opposed to letting board come to you & settling for BPA?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
What's your thoughts on those UDFA RBs?
loving the runningbacks. according to smith & kubiak there were a couple of backs we targeted during the draft, but it seemed the guys they were really watching made it to free agency. graham may just be fodder, but johnson and wood look legit. considering kubiak made a player of ron freaking dayne, and we cant even put a RB on the practice squad these days, i'm extremely confident that one or both will make the roster.

wood looks the natural for us. watching his pads, steps, reads ... i see him filling in as #3 this year and replacing tate next season. of course it's easy to anoint udfa rookie runningbacks as the next big thing (especially after actually hitting on arian foster), but i dont project wood to the pro bowl ... just the right player on the right team and will provide a great backup for a few years.
Old 05-03-2013   #8
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Good video, Em. You have come a long way since the first couple videos you posted here.

Thanks Rmartin! I appreciate that. I think the RBs shake out like this:

Graham - PR
Johnson - KR
Winn - #2
Wood - #3

So, essentially Graham & Johnson would be competing with each other for that return job while Winn/Wood compete for the backup or #3 job.

Ben Tate better be ready for some comp... I'd think they'll keep 2/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
very nice presentation as usual. disappointing not to address ILB position but your high on Mike Mohamed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4uX8pOxT3I

what is your opinion of moves early to select primary targets as opposed to letting board come to you & settling for BPA?
Thanks beer lover! He was a favorite prospect of mine a couple of years ago. I actually love that strategy..go and get the guys you want that you feel as though can help your team take that next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
loving the runningbacks. according to smith & kubiak there were a couple of backs we targeted during the draft, but it seemed the guys they were really watching made it to free agency. graham may just be fodder, but johnson and wood look legit. considering kubiak made a player of ron freaking dayne, and we cant even put a RB on the practice squad these days, i'm extremely confident that one or both will make the roster.

wood looks the natural for us. watching his pads, steps, reads ... i see him filling in as #3 this year and replacing tate next season. of course it's easy to anoint udfa rookie runningbacks as the next big thing (especially after actually hitting on arian foster), but i dont project wood to the pro bowl ... just the right player on the right team and will provide a great backup for a few years.
Don't sleep on Winn either.. he's your typical 'one cut' downhill type of runner with great acceleration. Wood does give you more 'wiggle' than Winn though
Old 05-03-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Good work Em! Just a reminder that Ben Jones is a center that imo will be difficult to beat. I am a big Cierre Wood fan and mocked him early and steadily. Very gifted back with huge average per carry. Also impressive is when other backs were given ball over him. He was no primma donna but a work horse. Great size/speed ratio that could allow us to trade Tate. Also am a bell ringer for Brennan WIlliams who I see starting by 2014 somewhere. Either he or Brooks could replace Wade Smith next season and the other start at RG. What would be cool is if Harris and Quisenberry do well, we could be an offensive, offensive line!
Old 05-03-2013   #10
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good work Em! Just a reminder that Ben Jones is a center that imo will be difficult to beat. I am a big Cierre Wood fan and mocked him early and steadily. Very gifted back with huge average per carry. Also impressive is when other backs were given ball over him. He was no primma donna but a work horse. Great size/speed ratio that could allow us to trade Tate. Also am a bell ringer for Brennan WIlliams who I see starting by 2014 somewhere. Either he or Brooks could replace Wade Smith next season and the other start at RG. What would be cool is if Harris and Quisenberry do well, we could be an offensive, offensive line!
Thanks Badboy! The interesting thing about Quessenberry is that while I was at the Senior Bowl, I was talking to a CFL scout and he said that he was on their radar as well as a guy like Dysert. So, you may see Quessenberry drafted on Monday as well by the CFL
Old 05-03-2013   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Badboy! The interesting thing about Quessenberry is that while I was at the Senior Bowl, I was talking to a CFL scout and he said that he was on their radar as well as a guy like Dysert. So, you may see Quessenberry drafted on Monday as well by the CFL
Quessenberry would be a great fit opposite Lane Johnson or even next to him LG in Chip Kelly offense which requires excellent movement in space. With Texans I'm just not sure where he fits in? maybe insurance for Wade Smith.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-03-2013   #12
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Don't sleep on Winn either.. he's your typical 'one cut' downhill type of runner with great acceleration. Wood does give you more 'wiggle' than Winn though
to be honest i completely missed winn. you're right though, he does have some possibility. where i see arian foster in wood, i see a lot of ben tate in winn. very very downhill in the little tape i've seen, decisive and explosive through the hole. it's going to be harder for him to catch on i think, because while i like his running, i dont see anything that's going to get him into the 53. i will give him the initial leg up on johnson for the 4th spot, however i think what johnson brings to special teams will be the deciding factor there.

loving the videos and the feedback em, keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I haven't watched it yet, so "insert disappointed" comment here. I catch it later & gripe about it in detail later.
Old 05-03-2013   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

I've got them all even.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quessenberry would be a great fit opposite Lane Johnson or even next to him LG in Chip Kelly offense which requires excellent movement in space. With Texans I'm just not sure where he fits in? maybe insurance for Wade Smith.
I see him taking over for Smith when his contract runs out. I also think Williams overtakes Newton in due time. This is exactly the kind of haul we've needed on the O-Line for some time.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I see him taking over for Smith when his contract runs out. I also think Williams overtakes Newton in due time. This is exactly the kind of haul we've needed on the O-Line for some time.
pretty much my thinking as well, point being Texans moved up to draft Quess because they graded him much higher, for instance I gave him a solid 4th rd. grade with a very good chance to be a starter someday in this league. actually Texans have been consistent in understanding need to address both positions WR & OL last couple years. Taking Brandon Brooks, RG in 3rd & Ben Jones C/OG 4th (where would Texans have been without them last season?)? then pair of WR's in DeVier Posey 3rd & Keshawn Martin 4th. So there has been steady influx of talent in positions of need during middle rounds for awhile as team retools under salary cap restrictions & eventual retirement, like any well ran business. I see similar situation this draft. A- is a very generous grade but we'll take it. Guess I'm warming up to this group as well

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-04-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...for instance I gave him a solid 4th rd. grade with a very good chance to be a starter someday in this league.
When you're grading, do you have only 32 players ranked in each round? Or are your rankings based on the talent in the class? Would Quess have graded lower if there were players you thought were better, or is "a very good chance to be a starter" the deciding factor?
Old 05-04-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I haven't watched it yet, so "insert disappointed" comment here. I catch it later & gripe about it in detail later.
I wasn't disappointed at all. You showed more than a generic understanding of who we are & what we're trying to do. I do question how well you know our secondary though. Competition will be fierce.
Old 05-07-2013   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me guess, the University of South East Atlanta- campus for the vision impaired, have similar talent at the RB spot to the Texans? LOL.

Sorry can't let it go but I did watch. Good job EM better than a lot of analysis I've seen.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #20
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

"can make you miss in a phone booth"

That's elusive.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read