Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #101
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
NEW ENGLAND SCORED 41 POINTs!!! That's why we lost!
This. Few teams win games when they give up 41 points. Schaub is not blameless, but how many drops did he have also? Casey? Foster had a drop that would have extended a drive.

Our defense has been good to great against teams without stellar QBs. Our defense has been terrible against great QBs. That needs to change if we are going to win next season.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #102
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Go back and read. The people comparing him to those guys are people defending him.

All time great would be nice, but I'd settle for a kaepernick or Russell Wilson type of player. Someone who put pressure on defenses all game long.
See right there, Rey.

I do not talk after the fact.
I had called on these two guys during draft time.
I was never a blind homer.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #103
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it a ridiculous idea to bring in Michael Vick and just see how he fits in our offense? Think of him coming off play action, it would add an entire new dimension.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #104
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
My god, it's painful arguing with you. Read post #1. It states that the problem was both Schaub and Wade. So let's go ahead and clear that up as it should have even in post number 1. Lean to read, then respond.

You point out Schaub's throw to posey, the game is over at that point and NE is playing bend but don't break which is how we got down the field so quickly. If you hadn't realized that the game was over and that NE has now changed the way they are playin defense, your beyond talking to. You just don't get it or football. Again, it's simple football knowledge. This is not rocket science.

Now your comparing how many points Peyton scored vs Schaub in a different game against a different opponent. That is incredibly stupid. Sorry to say, but the best word to describe that is stupid.

So, you are arguing that, because New England was playing "bend but not break defense", that made it easier for Schaub to throw a bomb down the deep right sideline? Perhaps you don't understand the phrase "bend but don't break"?

In case you didn't realize, I have not replied to post #1 but to subsequent posts that are shifting more blame to Schaub and excusing Wade's failure today.
Old 01-13-2013   #105
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj-80 View Post
is it a ridiculous idea to bring in michael vick and just see how he fits in our offense? Think of him coming off play action, it would add an entire new dimension.
puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2013   #106
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wilson? You mean the guy that trailed the entire game before throwing for 350 yards and leading his team to 28 points and a loss?.. Yeah, that would be nice. Oh wait, that's exactly what Schaub did today.
Now you're just saying anything to fit your argument.

But let me step into your fantasy land where schaub actually led his team to all those td's and took the lead late in the with seconds remaining.

We're talking about a rookie and a second year player getting his first meaningful action.

Yeah, I want the guys with room to improve, not the multi year vet that's being compared to those guys.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #107
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
Is it a ridiculous idea to bring in Michael Vick and just see how he fits in our offense? Think of him coming off play action, it would add an entire new dimension.
no but at that same time i think we're still in this same situation, a loss in the playoffs.

vick is a terrible passer who is a turnover machine and always hurt. he'll make a player here and there but also make game losing plays at the worst times as well.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2013   #108
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
See right there, Rey.

I do not talk after the fact.
I had called on these two guys during draft time.
I was never a blind homer.
And I'll call it like I see it and if you advocated us picking those guys then you get big time props from me. College qb's haven't even been on my radar until this year, so I missed the boat on those guys.

Props to you for seeing their talent and identifying that we could have/should have picked one.
Old 01-13-2013   #109
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Now you're just saying anything to fit your argument.

But let me step into your fantasy land where schaub actually led his team to all those td's and took the lead late in the with seconds remaining.

We're talking about a rookie and a second year player getting his first meaningful action.

Yeah, I want the guys with room to improve, not the multi year vet that's being compared to those guys.
What's your point? Are they available for trade? If not, who are the QBs in this year's draft that can be acquired in the 2nd or 3rd round and be quickly developed into that kind of player? I'm all for it!
Old 01-13-2013   #110
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade was without Cushing the majority of this season, sort of like how Gary was without Schaub last season.

Wade had to pull Manning down lower into the box to support the run defense because of multiple LBs getting hurt and I.R.'d. Left and right, we lost the middle of our LB line.

I don't see how Wade should be put into this thread title.

The two years we win the AFC South and get to the divisional round of the playoffs....Wade Phillips was here. Before that, NOTHING but rancid dog poop season in and season out for this team.

Not advocating him for HC, not by a mile, but come on...he's done more in two years than Gary did the previous years.
Old 01-13-2013   #111
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, you are arguing that, because New England was playing "bend but not break defense", that made it easier for Schaub to throw a bomb down the deep right sideline? Perhaps you don't understand the phrase "bend but don't break"?

In case you didn't realize, I have not replied to post #1 but to subsequent posts that are shifting more blame to Schaub and excusing Wade's failure today.
Look at the play by play. We returned the kick 69 yards and Schaub made one good play when the game was out of hand. I would hardly call a 25-30 yard pass a bomb. After that, NE is in full out bend but don't break and Schaub dinks and dunks downfield.

You should also read all posts before replying or you end up looking like you can't read.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #112
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's your point? Are they available for trade? If not, who are the QBs in this year's draft that can be acquired in the 2nd or 3rd round and be quickly developed into that kind of player? I'm all for it!
Oh god.

The ever popular "Name a guy! Who would YOU pick? Huh? HUH?"

OK. I'll take Tyler Wilson, University of Arkansas, please. And I'll package Ben Tate and my late first rounder to get him IF he's slated to go round 1.

The. End.

Because Matt Schaub is not the guy. He was a good stop-gap, a place holder for the next guy.

And maybe a guy like Tyler Wilson is a bust. But ****, who cares. Just give me something young and mobile. YOUTH. Athleticism. And no, not every mobile QB scores a -123 on the Wunderlich like Vince Young did...so it's not like a concrete-footed Schaub is better than taking a chance on a younger guy who can freaking move around a little in and out of the pocket.

He even wears #8, so it's tailor made for us.

But come on, now. As if Kubiak would make such a move. He wouldn't. So all this talk is for nothing. Rey, nor I, nor anybody has to give you a "name" because we'd DO IT. NOW.
Old 01-13-2013   #113
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh god.

The ever popular "Name a guy! Who would YOU pick? Huh? HUH?"

OK. I'll take Tyler Wilson, University of Arkansas, please. And I'll package Ben Tate and my late first rounder to get him IF he's slated to go round 1.

The. End.

Because Matt Schaub is not the guy. He was a good stop-gap, a place holder for the next guy.

And maybe a guy like Tyler Wilson is a bust. But ****, who cares. Just give me something young and mobile. YOUTH. Athleticism. And no, not every mobile QB scores a -123 on the Wunderlich like Vince Young did...so it's not like a concrete-footed Schaub is better than taking a chance on a younger guy who can freaking move around a little in and out of the pocket.

He even wears #8, so it's tailor made for us.

But come on, now. As if Kubiak would make such a move. He wouldn't. So all this talk is for nothing. Rey, nor I, nor anybody has to give you a "name" because we'd DO IT. NOW.
I'm not sure I want the next Texans QB wearing #8. There is some stink on that number.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #114
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My point is that if you don't look, you can't find them.

Visit the mock draft forum and youll see several suggestions.

I even created a mock there with us taking dysert in the second round.
Old 01-13-2013   #115
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys have to be insane if you think the majority of the Texans passing woes are on Shaub. His 2nd best receiver is Kevin Walter. KEVIN WALTER. Today, Arian drops a first down, Casey drops a touchdown, and everyone else but Andre have footballs sailing through their hands. Then Kubiak as usual has no balls when it comes to calling plays so we end up getting 3-5 yards on 3rd and 10 multiple times. All in all, we need weapons on offense. Secondaries are eating us up because we have no one besides AJ to make plays.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #116
Rey
Hall of Fame

Schaubs targets aren't terrible. Just another deflection by schaub apologist.
Old 01-13-2013   #117
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun drinking game...watch the other playoff teams and take a drink every time their QB makes a throw that Schaub can't make.

It won't just be the Mannings, Bradys and Rogers of the world getting you drunk. Athletic QBs like Wilson and Kapernick that can also win games with their feet are putting balls with more zip into tighter windows than Schaub can despite the experience gap.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #118
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
No, it's not. Vick played great in 2010. On the right team, he's probably got another good year in him.

But the real question is, would the Texans sign Vick? You know the answer to that.
Old 01-13-2013   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCush View Post
I like Wade. His defenses get burned against elite QBs but he completely turned our defense around last year and he deserves another year or two.

Schaub has been sucking lately. I don't care how good a team is, you can't have a physical weakling at the most important position. I can only imagine what our team would look like with a big physical threat right there that can fire a long ball and run too. I don't think Schaub is a good leader. He's just an unathletic bald fart who inspires absolutely no passion into the other players. If there's a good chance to get another QB this year then we should definitely jump on it. If not, give him ONE more year.
Schaub looked good when we put some receivers on the field. It should be obvious that our problem was that we waited too long to put those receivers on the field. We were stymied most of the first half & when we put those receivers on the field, we scored twice in like 4 minutes or something.

That worked, the other stuff didn't.

We should have started the second half the same way, but didn't. We didn't put the receivers back out until middle to late 4th qtr.

The problem wasn't the guy behind center, it was the guy behind the denny's menu. & he ain't going nowhere.
Old 01-14-2013   #120
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just awful awful rationale in this thread...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read