Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

(3) Texans @ (2) Patriots 3:30. 1/13. **Official Divisional GameDay Thread**

The Run, Part II of IV

2rdbxwn.jpg

One major reason the New England Patriots received a bye into this weekend's AFC divisional playoffs is their dominant performance in a rout of the Houston Texans last month.

Tom Brady and the league's highest-scoring team are heavily favored to do the same when these clubs meet Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

Houston (13-4) seemed on track for the conference's top seed through most of the season before blowing that opportunity by losing three of its final four games, starting with a 42-14 defeat at New England on Dec. 10.

Brady threw touchdown passes on the first three drives for the high-powered Patriots (12-4), who bolted to a 21-0 lead and nullified the Texans' ability to control the game on the ground through Arian Foster.

"We know that our effort and how we performed last time wouldn't give us a chance against anybody on the road," Houston coach Gary Kubiak said. "It's about right now refocusing on all the things we have to do to go down there and have a chance to be successful, and I'm sure that's what they're thinking about."

Brady finished 21 of 35 for 296 yards and four TD passes in that contest even though New England was without an injured Rob Gronkowski, who finished tied for fourth in the NFL with 11 TD catches and is healthy now. The quarterback, who can pass Joe Montana by winning a record 17th postseason game Sunday, insists the Patriots won't be overconfident.

"I think you learn from it," said Brady, who guides a team averaging 34.8 points. "You also understand things aren't going to be the same. They're going to see things that they're working on that are going to be different for us this time around. We do the same thing."

Houston's vaunted pass rush produced 44 sacks for the league's fifth-highest total but dropped Brady just once. Defensive Player of the Year candidate J.J. Watt led the NFL with 20 1/2 sacks, but he had no sacks of Brady and just two tackles in the first matchup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texans-patriots-preview-213001171--nfl.html

28vyvqx.jpg

67jt51.jpg

n4efe8.jpg

MORE PICKS: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0...ick-broncos-patriots?campaign=Twitter_ brandt
What I want to see:

Arian, Arian, and more Arian. Did I mention Arian?

Yep, that guy. Pound the rock 'til NE says use someone else; THEN RUN IT SOME MORE.

Pressure Brady with 4

One time, Romeo Crennel said "I need rushers". That was in the Super Bowl when he was DC for the Pats vs. the Rams. That's what we need today. The occasional blitz is fine, but we need to be able to get to Brady without blitzing, sometimes.

Time to unleash the fury, Matt

We all saw what Flacco did. Not talking about the deep balls, I'm talking about the not being scared part. Show these folks what you got, big homie. No turnovers, no mistakes, just pure efficiency.

No penalties that kill drives/extend them

Something that has killed us recently is just that. Special teams, I'm looking at you, as well. Let's play some clean football. It's a road game, so that is a MUST.

Bonus: Once again, BE LOUD!

At home, at work, at the auto mechanic getting your breaks looked at, whatever...BE LOUD. Get amped up for your squad, folks.

Let's do this ****, fam. I mean it IS the AFC Divisional Playoff, you know? But, that doesn't mean goals change. 1-0 every week; that's the goal. Last game don't mean NOTHING, so let's prove 'em all wrong. Go into Foxborough, get this W, and let's get our asses to the next round. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!!!

We almost had a mutiny last night Shark. What took you so long?

Bro, I was gearing up to make the thread and then it got made before Midnight (when I usually make them).

So I backed off. I don't start anything when the thread gets made. No point; it's just the internet.

I wanna see some of this

[IMGwidthsize=300]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcmpclfqU1rkqhjjo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

and some of this

KJ1-500x376.jpg

Let's ****ing go baby! I don't know what else to say. Play smart, take care of the ball, keep that ***** off the field, stretch the field to set up the run, and just go out there and win.

Win and we come HOME to play for THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. That's reason enough. Let's get it done.

As Ray Lewis said, and the Ravens proved yesterday, "No weapon formed against us shall prosper." I hear Joel Osteen say that every week in church. Yesterday you saw it on the field in Denver. Today you will see it on the field in Gillette Stadium. The Patriots are a team full of weapons. According to the experts, the Texans have no chance of winning against all the Patriots weapons. "No weapon formed against us shall prosper." The Texans will leave New England victorious today. Get ready for one heck of a week in Houston Texas folks. The AFC Championship Game will be played in Reliant Stadium next Sunday.

I remember in 2002 and watching when we drafted Boselli in the expansion and Carr first overall. It's very nostalgic to go back and watch videos on Youtube. The journey to get to this day with a pretty healthy team in tact and face off against the kings of the past century is pretty incredible. Every move and decision by the front office and coaching staff to put all of the puzzle pieces in place have led us to this game. I feel like we have all waited a very long time for days like today.

There are a lot on this board who have painted doom and gloom for this team ever since the Packers loss and especially after the Patriots loss. I agree that there were things that just was not right about this team when it came to big games. We have some big flaws and WTF Kubes moments. There will probably even be multiple blocks in the back today. And our defense might not be as good as we thought. But today is a different day. Everything that happened before today is done with. The Texans can't go back and change the losses that cost them homefield. They have had their chances to fix what needed to be fixed. There's only one thing they can do now: go in and play the best football the Texans are capable of. I know I feel like we can still win a Super Bowl this year, and the road to the Super Bowl starts today.

At least it is not the late game. New England is very beatable and I am sick of the espn talking heads riding on the bandwagon. Texans have talent they are not some lucky team here folks.

At least it is not the late game. New England is very beatable and I am sick of the espn talking heads riding on the bandwagon. Texans have talent they are not some lucky team here folks.

It is the late game.

.... and we haven't made it to this game with a pretty healthy team in tact. In case you missed it,our defensive quarterback got hurt on a dirty play and has been out for the season and our defense hasn't looked the same since.

Oh but yeah, we have a "pretty healthy team in tact" though.

Whatever, all out the window now. We know what we have to do. Do it.

The Oilers were never one win from hosting the AFC Championship Game. This is the closest we long-suffering football fans of Houston have ever been to that circumstance.

Please please please, Football Gods....let us taste the experience. Please?

LET'S GO TEXANS!! Make history. Make us proud.

Something has happened within me the last couple days. I wholeheartedly believe the Texans will show up in a big way today and get the job done.

I said yesterday, if the Ravens win, the Texans are going to win it today.

They just have to remember it's only two hand touch on the QB today...

Ok TBH a lot of guys spit, he might of spit during warm ups and it may so of happened to be on the logo but come on. They really think the pats need motivation ? To me it sounds like there are some worried people out there.

Houston KHOU-TV reporter Matt Musil also confirmed Watt's actions, saying "Texans DE J.J. Watt ran onto the field, spit on the Patriots logo and then wiped his feet on it. I would say he's fired up for battle!"

Dudes on the Pats forum is getting butt hurt over this.

HAHA

Back