Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2013   #1
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Welker's not aj green" -wade

Right off nfl.com front page.

Wade goes on to say "welker's a good player, but he's not that big or a real athletic guy".

I get what hes saying...but as a pats fan, its music to my ears. Pretty well documented that guys like wes have a chip on their shoulder and thrive off comments like these.

However you wanna label him, wes is elite and as fn productive as they come. Id watch out for him sunday to have a big day esp with gronk likely drawing dbl teams.

To be fair, wades comments arent far off nor all that bad...but as the article indicates, bulletin board material.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #2
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 10390 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Welker's not aj green" -wade

So, Welker *is* a big athletic guy who you cover with your best cover corner over the other weapons New England has? STFU.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #3
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Welker is not AJ Green, but the problem may be that Dalton is no Brady.

We know what happens when you put a true elite WR on that team...well they were one game away from perfection and put up crazy numbers.

Quite frankly, the league is lucky that Welker is not AJ Green.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry about the above post.

Anyway, I don't think he means anything by it except to say that they are different players that you cover in different ways. Welker killed us last game, so I hope we have a good plan in place to stop him this time around.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welker is a vet; he knows who he is; Wade knows who he is.

There's no bulletin board material here.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #6
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Patriots fans, our bravado, cocky, trashtalking Wade Phillips is totally underestimating this five year veteran that he schemed against one month ago.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post

Wade goes on to say "welker's a good player, but he's not that big or a real athletic guy".

I get what hes saying...but as a pats fan, its music to my ears. Pretty well documented that guys like wes have a chip on their shoulder and thrive off comments like these.

However you wanna label him, wes is elite and as fn productive as they come. Id watch out for him sunday to have a big day esp with gronk likely drawing dbl teams.

To be fair, wades comments arent far off nor all that bad...but as the article indicates, bulletin board material.
Welker is FARRRRRRRR from elite, AJ is elite, Calvin Johnson is Elite, These 2 guys could play anywhere and be elite. Welker is the product of the system, (short routes that are guranteed to gain yards) Thats why he always has so many catches and not near the yards that guys like AJ and CJ have. Same goes with woodhead and all those players that look good while there and then are never heard from again when they leave.

It was that way with Stokley when he was with the colts, and after he left he vanished until him and Manning were reunited again this year.

So in all honesty i would say Brady makes guys look elite.
Old 01-10-2013   #8
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure some of it was taken out of context by Rosenthal. Anyway here is Phillips response on twitter.

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade's gonna have Welker controlled this time.

It's the boys whose socks can't reach their pants that I'm more concerned with this game.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Context my friend, context..... We understand that you are inundated with BSPN's continuous northeast propaganda, but rest assured that @sonofbum (AKA Wade Phillips) is NOT underestimating Welker...

Screw bulletin material..... Do you think anyone in the Texans locker room is sweating that hack that you have at the Boston Globe - Stan ****ahoaughsy?? I think not, but your local station (aka known as BSPN) made a big deal about Arian Foster changing his avatar to ****tysees column.. If y'all knew anything about Arian Foster, he was laughing at those comments. SHYTE like that is not what motivates him. BTW Arian changes AVI's more often than the average German changes underwear.

According to BSPN and most major outlets, the Texans shouldn't even fly to Boston this weekend... If that's the case, why even play the game.

In conclusion, I don't expect the Texans to win, nor do I expect that close of a game, but as a fan... I can hope.

Where does Boston fan get off being so arrogant? The Patriots were an abysmal team for longer stretches than the Texans have even been in existence. The Red Sox, were really, really............ REALLY bad until their last few years of success.
Old 01-10-2013   #11
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected

Third man--never said im disagreeing w wade...just saying those words are begging to be twisted.

76Texan..sure? Ive heard of some weak crap motivate some top notch athletes. Brady cried recently talking about the Brady 6...I mean, rlly?

Ellis...I wont argue that in most systems w most qbs he wouldnt be special. But gotta acknowledge that, as is, over the last 5 years his ##s compare well anyones..and is a huge reason pats are so effective on offense.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wade's gonna have Welker controlled this time.

It's the boys whose socks can't reach their pants that I'm more concerned with this game.

Did he ever got fined for violating the NFL uniform code.

PS - I spell it out for the Pats fans who may not know that Kareem Jackson was fined for wearing socks too high.
Old 01-10-2013   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ellis...I wont argue that in most systems w most qbs he wouldnt be special. But gotta acknowledge that, as is, over the last 5 years his ##s compare well anyones..and is a huge reason pats are so effective on offense.
Ok then i cant really say he is elite then. AJ was elite with David Carr at QB. An Elite players makes other players whom are average look elite there for meet Mr Brady and Bill B who has made Welker look elite.

Thats all i'm saying.

You dont go throwing around a system guy and call him elite unless he could be productive anywhere.
Old 01-10-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Third man--never said im disagreeing w wade...just saying those words are begging to be twisted.

76Texan..sure? Ive heard of some weak crap motivate some top notch athletes. Brady cried recently talking about the Brady 6...I mean, rlly?

I'm sure Welker has heard worse throughout his life.

But hey, if it makes you happy, go for it
Old 01-10-2013   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Did he ever got fined for violating the NFL uniform code.

PS - I spell it out for the Pats fans who may not know that Kareem Jackson was fined for wearing socks too high.
LOL, that was a purposeful subliminal message I had hidden in that pic!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok then i cant really say he is elite then. AJ was elite with David Carr at QB. An Elite players makes other players whom are average look elite there for meet Mr Brady and Bill B who has made Welker look elite.

Thats all i'm saying.

You dont go throwing around a system guy and call him elite unless he could be productive anywhere.
Welker put up good numbers in his second season with a mixture of Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and a broken Daunte Culpepper at QB.

In 5 of his last 6 seasons Welker has topped 110 catches and 1100 yards. The guy is a possible future Hall of Famer.

With that said, he's not AJ Green. Green is bigger, faster, and stronger than almost anybody he goes against. He is the exact opposite of Wes Welker and that's what I took out of Wade's comment. Welker is shifty and runs great routes, he doesn't go up and grab the ball at it's highest point like Green or Andre.

Would anybody be upset if it was 2007 and Wade said Welker isn't Randy Moss?
Old 01-10-2013   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99520 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are going to have to stop that "Sand Aggy" for sure.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
LOL, that was a purposeful subliminal message I had hidden in that pic!
I was pretty sure that was your intention, Doc, but I don't think the Pats fans know about it. And so they wouldn't get it; not because they are dense or anything like that.
Old 01-10-2013   #19
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Welker put up good numbers in his second season with a mixture of Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and a broken Daunte Culpepper at QB.

In 5 of his last 6 seasons Welker has topped 110 catches and 1100 yards. The guy is a possible future Hall of Famer.

With that said, he's not AJ Green. Green is bigger, faster, and stronger than almost anybody he goes against. He is the exact opposite of Wes Welker and that's what I took out of Wade's comment. Welker is shifty and runs great routes, he doesn't go up and grab the ball at it's highest point like Green or Andre.

Would anybody be upset if it was 2007 and Wade said Welker isn't Randy Moss?
Not saying he isnt "good" but he is not elite. His elite QB makes everyone around him look elite. He cant even step on the same field as AJ or CJ or AJG.
Old 01-10-2013   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Not saying he isnt "good" but he is not elite. His elite QB makes everyone around him look elite. He cant even step on the same field as AJ or CJ or AJG.
I'm not saying you're "wrong" but just that you are not right. He is a top 10 WR in this league and has been for a long time. I would put my money on him making the Hall.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read