Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-14-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default Ben Watson

We need to trade for this guy! Heres my reason, although its kind of a pathetic reason but hey! who knows, neways I've used him in Madden and man! This guy is fast and big so he can block! None of our TEs are very good so there would be no harm in trading for him. So should the Texans maybe trade for this guy? if so trade what for him?

I say this would be a good trade:

Texans------------------------Patriots
QB Banks-------------------TE Watson
TE Joppru-------------------3rd rd pick
2nd rd pick------------------

I think he would be worth it, and if Joppru isn't enough we can switch him with Bruener or Miller
Old 06-14-2005   #2
TDforTatum26
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to TDforTatum26

The patriots are loaded with TE's so I get what your saying.......
Old 06-14-2005   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

But why would NE want Tony Banks when they have Rohan Davey? Plus, you're assuming Dave Ragone is going to be our 2nd QB. I know he won the MVP of NFLEL but that doesn't mean he's automatically our backup to David Carr. He might become a quality backup but I think we'll have to wait and see before any moves like that can be pulled off.
Old 06-14-2005   #4
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Good Trade!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #5
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
But why would NE want Tony Banks when they have Rohan Davey? Plus, you're assuming Dave Ragone is going to be our 2nd QB. I know he won the MVP of NFLEL but that doesn't mean he's automatically our backup to David Carr. He might become a quality backup but I think we'll have to wait and see before any moves like that can be pulled off.
#1 of all Rohan Davey is UNPROVEN just like Ragone #2 DOUG FLUTIE is the backup QB #3 Banks would be a better under-pressure QB than Ragone or Banks.
Old 06-14-2005   #6
YodAa
All Pro

How can you say Ragone is unproven? I know the NFLEL isn't the same as the NFL but come on, you can't say hes unproven and it wouldn't be fair to Ragone and Banks to keep them both because good talent should never go unused and we would be gaining a lot more then losing because really we have nothin at TE and a TE is part of the OL so to improve the OL we gotta improve TE as well
Old 06-14-2005   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, this trade was based upon after playing Ben Watson on Madden! The Patriots like Ben Watson and I think he's going to have a bigger role this year. Ben Watson maybe the greatest TE on Madden but we really don't know if he's that good or not. And we can never have enough good and healthy QBs on our team. If David Carr starts taking a pounding we might have to go to Tony Banks and he's proven what he can do in this league.
Old 06-14-2005   #8
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
How can you say Ragone is unproven? I know the NFLEL isn't the same as the NFL but come on, you can't say hes unproven and it wouldn't be fair to Ragone and Banks to keep them both because good talent should never go unused and we would be gaining a lot more then losing because really we have nothin at TE and a TE is part of the OL so to improve the OL we gotta improve TE as well
Well Ragone is unproven in the NFL and that other guys said Ragone was but Davey wasnt (Just so everyone knows I am sure they do Davey was the last year Ragone.)

Oh BTW Yoda you might offend some old TE lurky around here They really like to be called Receivers!
Old 06-14-2005   #9
YodAa
All Pro

Well how is the team gonna get better if we don't take some risks? I mean I know were taking risks on D so why not just on O also? but o well lets just wait til they start selling his jersey until we consider him then
Old 06-14-2005   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

I'm all for the trade if you can somehow replace Tony Banks with someone else. And when it comes to taking a risk, the Texans are taking a big risk if they can't protect David Carr's blindside come this fall. So don't say that we're not taking risks on offense...ther's plenty of risk there..wink wink.
Old 06-14-2005   #11
TDforTatum26
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to TDforTatum26

I dont get why you said trade Banks to the the Patriots Yoda. they dont need him.

and Ben Watson is the best TE on Madden? wasnt he a rookie last season?
Old 06-14-2005   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Patriots would never accept that trade.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You can't base player maturity on Madden though. Doesn't work.
Why not? McKinney was a stud for me on Madden, and as we all know he's a...er...well ok bad example. Well there's Foreman. He's been a playmaker on defense, and that's obviously translates well to his performance in real life ... oh wait. Guess I'll have to get back to you on the Madden studs turned NFL studs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #14
YodAa
All Pro

Ya o well I was just hoping we could steal him from the pats and then go haha! lol jp
Old 06-18-2005   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't understand what the Patriots are getting out of this? I mean I look at it and I'm thinking the patriots would have to turn into *****S to make this trade.

I mean whether they are LOADED at TE or not....why would u trade for one that hasn't played 1 down???? in exchange basically for one who has pro bowl potential AND who actually played. Just to get an extra 2nd????

Deal is VERY lopsided.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #16
Vinnie333
Rookie

[quote=YodAa] This guy is fast and big so he can block!

you can't really determine whether or not a guy can block based on his size. I mean just look at Seth Wand. lol jk
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #17
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Madden made me do it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read