Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2013   #41
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its not that hard to talk abouut sports. but considering stephen a smith gets paid a couple of mill to talk sports, id say he is doing very well for a guy out of his "element."

I dont care how much you people want to trivialize First Take and claim how much you hate and how much skip and sas suck, they make for great entertaining discussion and they get paid handsomely to do it for a reason and why you dont.
Some folks are into that drama-fest type "reporting". If you're into yelling and screaming between Skip & Stephen A., more power to you.
I am not.
And I gave Stephen A. his props regarding his NBA reporting, when it comes to that, he's among the best. And I like his insights from the African American perspective. He doesn't shy away from those kinds of issues. Oh and the only up-to-date info I could find on his salary sets it at $400K/yr. Definitely not too shabby but not "a couple of mil..." that you threw out. But since he's not tossing any cash my way, it matters not to me what he makes.

Anyway, my point was when I want football analysis I tend to listen to the guys that played and coached in the league. They speak from experience, not speculation.

Oh and, by the way, thanks for the link, I enjoyed Mangini's take on the situation.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #42
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of the outcome of the Pats Texans matchup, I would love nothing more than to see Arian Foster run full speed and hit Dan Shaughnessy with such force that he was instantly atomized.

All of sports media would thank him.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #43
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I have Dish. And as a certifiable Geek, I need my Science Channel and History Channel.
i hear ya. i miss shark week on discovery channel, and bear grylls, and dual survival, etc.
i mostly stick to PBS NOVA, Nature, Frontline and POV now.. for everything else, theres youtube or internet streaming elsewhere.

the extra $$ i save i spend on STEAK every week!
Old 01-09-2013   #44
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It is not that opinions do not matter but they are not always fact.
Old 01-09-2013   #45
PatsFanatic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
1. N.E's FIRST possession of the game run into Brady at full speed and ring his bell even if he HAS thrown the ball already. If you see Brady's back up warming up...YOU'RE DOING YOUR JOB!

2. accept the fact that in this game you will sacrifice a game check...and not GIVE A I$HT!

3. Hit muff-huggas so hard they p:ss blood for a week and watch the Superbowl from home still applying ice packs.

4. With each possession remember that the Pats, refs and MEDIA think they're in for a cake walk...let it be known that "CAKE" has been in a deep freeze since the last game and go upside their heads with it.

5. This isn't a "prize fight" it's a street fight. Let the refs and league 3itch at you about how "unsportsmanlike" you were and how "dirty" you played and the fines to be levied against you as they're discussing how "Sad" it is that Brady and the Pats won't go to the AFC title game.

6. PLAY 4 quarters of solid smash mouth football and pound your opponent into a fine paste...then grind that paste beneath your heel after you take a whiz in it.

Wait. So the plan should be, injure all the Pats best players so the Texans will then be better than them and you'll then feel great about how good your team is?

Really? Are you an adult or a grown up 15yo?
PatsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
Wait. So the plan should be, injure all the Pats best players so the Texans will then be better than them and you'll then feel great about how good your team is?

Really? Are you an adult or a grown up 15yo?
You can't tell when someone is joking?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read