Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Report: Bears get permission to interview Texans' Dennison

"The Chicago Bears have asked for and received permission to interview Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison for their head coach job according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Dennison worked with qurterback Jay Cutler and wide receiver Brandon Marshall in Denver."

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...n/Default.aspx

WTF, can we wait till after the season please......
Old 01-06-2013   #2
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Bears get permission to interview Texans' Dennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yeah, because the OC for the Texans actually does anything right?

Kubes is the HC and OC and everyone knows it. Rick wont be missed.
Did the bears miss the last four weeks of the season??? LOL

Seems odd they would interview him, I would think the West Coast/Zone Offense is to much a part of Rick to do anything different, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-06-2013   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
"The Chicago Bears have asked for and received permission to interview Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison for their head coach job according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Dennison worked with qurterback Jay Cutler and wide receiver Brandon Marshall in Denver."

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...n/Default.aspx

WTF, can we wait till after the season please......
Here are the relevant NFL rules concerning interviewing coaches.:

Quote:
Teams may not interview assistants from another team for either a lateral move or a head coaching opportunity during the season. The lone exception to this rule comes when teams want to interview assistants for head coaching jobs while the current team is in the playoffs. As there is an urgency to hire new head coaches for some non-playoff teams, the NFL does allow teams to request permission to interview a postseason participant's assistants during the wild card week for teams who have the bye that week. They can also request permission to do so during the first week of Super Bowl preparations as long as there is a two-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The team only has one chance to talk to the assistant coach, once permission is granted, before the coach's team is eliminated from the playoffs.
They evidently will not be able to interview him until after we are eliminated or after we have qualified for the Super Bowl.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they will take both Ricks! Neither will be missed my me, although I would keep Dennison over the other one any old day!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dennison previously worked for the Broncos, where he was considered for the head coaching job before it went to John Fox, and that means he knows two key members of the Bears offense very well. Quarterback Jay Cutler and wide receiver Brandon Marshall both played for Dennison in Denver, which would seem to be something that would make any transition easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Maybe they will take both Ricks! Neither will be missed my me, although I would keep Dennison over the other one any old day!!
Yeah, we wouldn't want to keep the guy who drafted J.J. Watt.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #6
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yeah, because the OC for the Texans actually does anything right?

Kubes is the HC and OC and everyone knows it. Rick wont be missed.
People say that but our offense was MUCH better under Kid Shanahan...much.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here are the relevant NFL rules concerning interviewing coaches.:

They evidently will not be able to interview him until after we are eliminated or after we have qualified for the Super Bowl.
Well, then, next Monday will be perfect.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2013   #8
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they take him. I have seen enough of offense with Dennison. Only way to get any new blood in this staff.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #9
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Your irrational hate of Rick Smith makes me LOL
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
People say that but our offense was MUCH better under Kid Shanahan...much.
The Texans scored more this season than they did in any year that Baby Shanny was OC. The Texans had the same red zone issues then as they do today.

Wouldn't surprise me if Baby Shanny got an interview. His season will probably end today.
Old 01-06-2013   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans scored more this season than they did in any year that Baby Shanny was OC. The Texans had the same red zone issues then as they do today.
Every time somebody makes a really good point, you have to screw it all up with facts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #12
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Baby Shanny got an interview. His season will probably end today.
I feel that has more to do with an improvement of talent though, This was the Chris Brown of RB years.

I mean stats are stats but Kid Shanny was a lot more creative and the Texans were at least still scoring a lot of points with no running game.

As for the RZ issues, that wasn't a problem for most of the year for whatever reason.

EDIT: Although numbers are numbers. I felt Kid Shanny was a lot more creative and the offense took a lot more risks with him as a OC. I disagree with the notion that Kubes is really the OC.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #13
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel that has more to do with an improvement of talent though, This was the Chris Brown of RB years.

I mean stats are stats but Kid Shanny was a lot more creative and the Texans were at least still scoring a lot of points with no running game.

As for the RZ issues, that wasn't a problem for most of the year for whatever reason.
Chris Brown...sigh...now I have visions of a half back pass and missed field goals from the other Kris Brown.

What a road we have traveled. I am one thankful Texan fan when I look back from where we were.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

EDIT: Although numbers are numbers. I felt Kid Shanny was a lot more creative and the offense took a lot more risks with him as a OC. I disagree with the notion that Kubes is really the OC.
Everything you're saying is "true" but.... Kubiak called the offense then, just like he called them now. It wasn't until his last year here, that Kubiak allowed Shanahan to make the calls. I don't remember if that was for the whole season, or for a few games.

I do remember we "thought" getting Dennison would allow Kubiak to be more of a HC & he would do more of the play calling.

I also remember our red zone "problems" was fixed with Dennison (mostly due to Foster) & Dennison has helped Kubiak not forget the running game. Everyone seems to forget that Kubiak by his nature would rather throw the ball & is quick to give up on the run game.

Either way, I think there is more of a conversation between Dennison/Shanahan & Kubiak. than it is just Kubiak calling the plays. The OC tells Kubes what he's thinking, Kubes would tell them what he's thinking they'll talk about what we need to do next & come up with one play that they can both agree on.

I never really thought much of Shanahan as a play caller, until I saw what they're doing in Washington & that "creativity" appears to have left us only to show up there.

I also thought Shanahan called the Rosencopter, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-06-2013   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't miss Dennison if he goes. I would love to see some new coaches on offense. I think we could use some more diversity of philosophy.
Old 01-06-2013   #16
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I won't miss Dennison if he goes. I would love to see some new coaches on offense. I think we could use some more diversity of philosophy.
I won't either.
Old 01-06-2013   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Kubiak would probably just bring in Knapp who was fired by the Raiders. Don't expect anything but a Friend of Kubiak.
Old 01-06-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We need a "bite the hand that feeds you" smiley.
Old 01-06-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I much prefer Dennison's results to little Shanny's. I like what they've done with RGIII -- but he gives them every option in the book.

I'd infer, watching Shanny here & in Washington, that daddy Mike's influence make his son look better. Not HC material yet, imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see where Dennison leaving (if he does) will have any negative effect. We all see who the real OC is anyway. A new OC could have some very positive effects.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read