Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013   #1
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Ask Matt Schaub Thread

Hey guys. Im here to answer any questions you have about this team. I dont have too much time, but I can answer as many as I can for the fans.

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this time things will be different.

Ask away.
Old 01-06-2013   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Ask Matt Schaub Thread

Hi Matt, long time listener, first time caller. I was just wondering, what exactly is your 40 time? I know you're slow with pads on, but how fast are you in shorts? Do you think you can you outrun Shaun Cody riding Duane Brown's back? I'll hang up and listen.
Old 01-06-2013   #3
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: The Ask Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Schaub View Post
Hey guys. Im here to answer any questions you have about this team. I dont have too much time, but I can answer as many as I can for the fans.

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this team things will be different.

Ask away.
Hi Matt, I'm Canadian; I've seen a lot of cold weather games up here. Just wondering if you have any contingency plans regarding the weather. Check out the 1977 Grey Cup game where the Montreal Alouettes used a staple gun on their shoes to avoid slipping. Not saying that's the solution, but it couldn't hurt to bring one to the game
Old 01-06-2013   #4
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Matt, Im wondering why you are inaccurate and slower than a sloth.
Old 01-06-2013   #5
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hi Matt, long time listener, first time caller. I was just wondering, what exactly is your 40 time? I know you're slow with pads on, but how fast are you in shorts? Do you think you can you outrun Shaun Cody riding Duane Brown's back? I'll hang up and listen.
LOLOLOL. Thatd be quite a sight to behold.
Old 01-06-2013   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

How many points ya'll gonna put up on them pats?
Old 01-06-2013   #7
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I ran around 5 seconds in the combine long time ago, but I think I havent slowed that much overtime.

Well with shorts on, I can almost outrun kubiak. He's a really good coach.
On the other hand, I have no problems outrunning wade phillips. So, I think Im in pretty good shape. great question.
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2013   #8
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt, would you rather fight 100 duck-sized Vince Wilforks or one Vince Wilfork sized duck?
Old 01-06-2013   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone is either really really drunk or really really bored. Or both.

Old 01-06-2013   #10
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Matt... what would you say your signature move is?

A. A pick six
B. Going into fetal position when pressure is coming
C. Throwing the ball into the stands
D. Throwing 40 yards with all your stength but still coming up short.

thanks.
Old 01-06-2013   #11
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
How many points ya'll gonna put up on them pats?

Well, shayne graham had a hell of a game against cincy. So as long as his foot stays healthy, we should be putting up all kinds of points on the board. Not to mention our defense can make plays at any time. We might even bring out some plays and strategies never used before. Stay tuned for that.
Old 01-06-2013   #12
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: The Ask Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Hi Matt, I'm Canadian; I've seen a lot of cold weather games up here. Just wondering if you have any contingency plans regarding the weather. Check out the 1977 Grey Cup game where the Montreal Alouettes used a staple gun on their shoes to avoid slipping. Not saying that's the solution, but it couldn't hurt to bring one to the game
Sorry, forgot to add a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65th_Grey_Cup
Old 01-06-2013   #13
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Well, the good thing is no matter what the weather is, a draw play always works wonders. We usually play pretty well in bad weather. I remember some time ago against the packers we did very well. Not to mention vince Wilforks body heat will more than compensate for the cold weather. I think I like our chances.
Old 01-06-2013   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We are excited about playing the patriots again and this time things will be different.

Ask away.
I wonder what moron made the sock ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-06-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys...
Didn't think TexansTalk allowed users to have more than one login account?
Old 01-06-2013   #16
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ask away.
WOW!! This is true? ? ? ? Are you Schaub? ? ?
Old 01-06-2013   #17
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
Hey Matt... what would you say your signature move is?

A. A pick six
B. Going into fetal position when pressure is coming
C. Throwing the ball into the stands
D. Throwing 40 yards with all your stength but still coming up short.

thanks.

Well, actually I like to grab my helment and wipe my eyes more than any of those things you mentioned. I intentionally under-throw balls to throw the defense off and give them something to think about.
Old 01-06-2013   #18
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt, do you realize field goals are 3 points and touchdowns are 6? Plus if you get a touchdown the rules reward you with an extra point. So if your worried about Shayne Graham getting reps, he will still get his. Just FYI on the difference between a field goal and a touchdown.

Might be worth something next week.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited by TexansBull; 01-06-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: comprehension
Old 01-06-2013   #19
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read