Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New England Patriots vs. New York Jets 2010

In week 13 of the 2010 season the New York Jets went into Foxboro on MNF and were run off of the field 45-3 in a game where they were outclassed in every phase of the game. Sound familiar so far? 6 weeks later they went onto the same field and beat that same team 28-21 in the divisional round.

Listen, we are going to be big underdogs similar to what the Jets were in the 2010 season, but we are capable of beating the Patriots. This isn't soccer where they take scores from previous games. The score will start off 0-0 and they will need to beat us. I'm going to stop short of saying we WILL win the game, but I believe in every ounce of my being that we CAN win this game. I'm a big believer in history repeating itself, and hopefully we can follow the same path of the Jets that year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #2
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England Patriots vs. New York Jets 2010

as long as the offense shows we have a chance. our defense stands a chance vs brady and manning as long as the offense does its job!

did i say offense needs to show up??????????
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #3
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like we'll gameplan 20x better. They also get Gronkowski back so we'll have to especially keep an eye on him.
Old 01-05-2013   #4
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sanchez can do it Schaub can do it.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #5
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
In week 13 of the 2010 season the New York Jets went into Foxboro on MNF and were run off of the field 45-3 in a game where they were outclassed in every phase of the game. Sound familiar so far? 6 weeks later they went onto the same field and beat that same team 28-21 in the divisional round.
you left out the fact they did it with Mark Sanchez at QB....
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #6
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Just put yourself in the position and give it a chance. We did that.

The superbowl loser curse will take care of the rest
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Good point, even though Schaub has looked a little Sanchiz-ish the last few weeks at times.

But this would be a good week for Kubiak to approach this game like Jim Fassel years ago, and let the world know he's “shoving my chips to the center of the table”.
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Mark who? I'm sorry I don't speak Spanish.
Old 01-05-2013   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Listen, we are going to be big underdogs similar to what the Jets were in the 2010 season, but we are capable of beating the Patriots. This isn't soccer where they take scores from previous games. The score will start off 0-0 and they will need to beat us. I'm going to stop short of saying we WILL win the game, but I believe in every ounce of my being that we CAN win this game. I'm a big believer in history repeating itself, and hopefully we can follow the same path of the Jets that year.
Yep. We are very capable of being able to beat the Pats. I don't think we will, but I'll be rooting our boys on. Losing a playoff game to the Pats isn't exactly doomsday if it happens either. But we have momentum that we can build. All that matters is next week.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #10
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe 2010 sanchez way better than 2012 butt-fumble sanchez too.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yep. We are very capable of being able to beat the Pats. I don't think we will, but I'll be rooting our boys on. Losing a playoff game to the Pats isn't exactly doomsday if it happens either. But we have momentum that we can build. All that matters is next week.
Sometimes going into a game as big underdogs causes a team to much as a much looser group so there's no doubt in my mind we'll be much more prepared to play. I'm riding with this team no matter what so I'll go into any game thinking we have a good chance.
Old 01-05-2013   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sometimes going into a game as big underdogs causes a team to much as a much looser group so there's no doubt in my mind we'll be much more prepared to play. I'm riding with this team no matter what so I'll go into any game thinking we have a good chance.
So will I! People forget that the Giants lost to the Patriots in the season in their first SB win over the Patriots. It can be done. None of the end of the season struggles matter at this point. All that matters is who plays better next weekend. That's the bottom line. Go Texans!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So will I! People forget that the Giants lost to the Patriots in the season in their first SB win over the Patriots. It can be done. None of the end of the season struggles matter at this point. All that matters is who plays better next weekend. That's the bottom line. Go Texans!!
Lol giants score and Texans score your referring to lol again
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I'm not a mod (among other reasons...lol), why is this in TT?
Old 01-05-2013   #15
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when Kubiak started to tease us? We'd just hope to make the playoffs and Manning still owned the divison?

Remember the games we DID beat Manning? Usually he would sit watching Foster run for another huge gain as the Texans wind down a 6+ minute drive.

That is the formula for beating these guys. The defense was even terrible then, our defense will get some stops but it's all about the running game and keeping Brady off the field and cold.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
This is why I'm not a mod (among other reasons...lol), why is this in TT?
Are you that dense where you don't see the parallel? Read the post buddy.
Old 01-05-2013   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots/Jets

NFL Section. Don't ever call me that again.
Old 01-05-2013   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Patriots/Jets

NFL Section. Don't ever call me that again.
Ok buddy..... you have yourself a good night.
Old 01-05-2013   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Ok buddy..... you have yourself a good night.
I hate noobs. They don't watch the board and see how it works.
Old 01-05-2013   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
**** it noob, have some neg rep to shut you up
What a sad 49 year old you are! lol..... You just made my night.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read