Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-14-2005   #1
TheGus
Rookie

Default Jason Babin's nick name

now I know Jason Babun didnt want a nickname but I had to give him one and ever since he started last year I given him the name "The Gator." Its southern but I liked it because he;s vicous with his tackles and crap. Oh well. What nickname would you give Babin?
Old 06-14-2005   #2
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

The Tat (as in tatoo)
Old 06-14-2005   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy
The Tat (as in tatoo)
Da Plane, Da Plane
Old 06-14-2005   #4
johnboy
Rookie

Thumbs up

Babins nick name is Bones,Everyone called him Bones all his life.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

That's interesting. How did that derive?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
Babins nick name is Bones,Everyone called him Bones all his life.
Babin downplays the reports on this. At some point he ate some chicken bones before a few games and it got reported as a habit before every game. Haven't heard anything about him doing it as a Texan.
Old 06-14-2005   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

"Most rookies can't hear things and apply it on the field. He can take it straight from the meeting room onto the field and be able to execute it, which is very unusual and a tribute to him. As long as he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll be just fine, and we'll be better off for having him out there."

Babin didn't know if he would be too excited to sleep Saturday night, but he could say with all certainty that he would not be having chicken bones for his pre-game meal, a supposed superstition that has followed Babin since he was a kid.

As the story goes, Babin looked up to an older cousin and hung on his every word. The cousin once told him that he had to play mean like "grandma's dog," and when Babin asked why grandma's dog was so mean, the answer was because the dog ate chicken bones.

"That was kind of a misconstrued story from the get-go," Babin said. "It only happened when I was younger. My cousin, Kevin, whatever he said, I felt like it couldn't be wrong, so I chewed on the bones. But it wasn't some sort of superstition I had to do before every game.

"I'm not some kind of barbaric animal. I've set people straight before, but it just keeps popping up."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2005   #8
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

And I thought chewing ice was bad on the teeth!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

well, that clears that up.

btw, please don't feed your dogs chicken bones people...chicken bones splinter and can cause internal bleeding.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #10
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Bones seems like it fits him some how. Does anyone else agree?
Old 06-14-2005   #11
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

The only thing I have against giving him some sort of vicious, hard hitting nick name is this.... the man plucks his eyebrows! I like him as a player and all... just dont see any kinnda rough and tough name sticking with a guy that into his apearance.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #12
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
The only thing I have against giving him some sort of vicious, hard hitting nick name is this.... the man plucks his eyebrows! I like him as a player and all... just dont see any kinnda rough and tough name sticking with a guy that into his apearance.
Maybe he'll pluck 'em all off and tattoo some new ones on.
Old 06-14-2005   #13
TheGus
Rookie

but I like The Gator.......
Old 06-14-2005   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Bab Wire (barbed wire), try to run through him, go around him, go over or under him, and see what happens.

Okay, I suck!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does he need a nickname?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think because it's the offseason and it is just kind of fun to see if you can actually come up with something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #17
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Why does he need a nickname?
Cuz it's the offseason and someones bored.
Old 06-14-2005   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm one of the bored ones this off season....*#@@#^*...this is going entirtely too slow. I have called him Babs since I've seen him play...I know it's lame but I don't know if I'm just too damn lazy to say the whole name but I do it to a lot of players. Who knows....let the season begin!
Old 06-14-2005   #19
gcolby
Veteran

a la Chris Berman: "Wham-Babin-Thank You Ma'am"
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
plucks his eye brows??? I think I'll just call him "brows" from now on.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read