Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #141
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Shoot man, I'll criticize the HC and certain players, but I'll always support my team in a playoff run. How the hell can you call yourself a fan if you won't even root for your team in the playoffs?? These guys really are more happy when they've got a miserable team with terrible players just so they can talk about how bad they are. Sorry, but I don't understand that at all. I hate complaining about my team even though I've done it many times. I'll enjoy a playoff run though. I don't even know why some of these guys are even watching football at this point. It's obviously way to traumatic for them.
Agree 100%. Mind bogiling TBH. We win the complain, we lose they complain less, we get blown they complain less.

We win it all well we will see how they react once that happens.
Old 01-05-2013   #142
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
WTF man. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
So just because he's going to enjoy a playoff win for at least a day he's dumb?
More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement. I'll be damned if I let any of these whiners ruin my parade after a hard fought playoff victory. Let them rot in depression for all I care. I understand the whole SB or bust mentality when your team has been a consistent winner and all, but if you don't get there it doesn't make your team a total failure. Only one team can win every year. A strong season over all and fun playoff run isn't a bad deal when it's our 2nd playoff season. Maybe I'll be ticked next week if we lose in a horrible fascion, but for today, I'll enjoy our victory like every fan should.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #143
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

In before the inevitable lock this thread will receive. I think we have a shot against the Pats if our defense plays like this and we finish the job in the redzone. I'm happy my team won unlike some people in here.
Old 01-05-2013   #144
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
anyone see dungy and harrison blow us off as having a chance next week?
Of course.

Once the playoffs started those two guys have been drooling for their 56th Brady-Manning matchup.

If the Texans lose, I hope whoever plays the Broncos wins just so it doesn't happen. Half of the media have already crossed out every other team in the AFC.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #145
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement.
funny thing is our bandwagoners are kinda backwards, most show who they are once u start losing, ours show up when we start winning. I guess that makes us unique
Old 01-05-2013   #146
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The people who are saying the OP is classless are acting like classless people, too.

Just sayin'...

Tex, you've been generalizing and categorizing fans lately...it looks bad. Just let it go, man. You don't have to police the whole damn board and make people were badges so that we all know which people you want locked away.

People sometimes want to vent. You can ignore them or you can reply without the insults, man.
Old 01-05-2013   #147
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So this is what we're like with a little success eh?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #148
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Of course.

Once the playoffs started those two guys have been drooling for their 56th Brady-Manning matchup.

If the Texans lose, I hope whoever plays the Broncos wins just so it doesn't happen. Half of the media have already crossed out every other team in the AFC.
We'll know the results beforehand. We are the last game next week I believe.
Old 01-05-2013   #149
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yes! .....and I got the warm fuzzies. I think we are better in this spot than "the newcomer" or the "favorite."

Count us out. DO IT!!

Remember Luv Ya Blue in a playoff in Miami??....San Diego???? (ok, pittsburgh not so much).
I was loving that, when they wrote US off!

Harrison was a cheap shot artist when he played so he can suck it.
Old 01-05-2013   #150
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
True,sometimes it was easier when we were losing
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #151
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
In before the inevitable lock this thread will receive. I think we have a shot against the Pats if our defense plays like this and we finish the job in the redzone. I'm happy my team won unlike some people in here.
finish in the redzone is the end all be all. but we cant get it right. hell why cant we score from 20+ out to eliminate the red zone woes?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #152
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
True,sometimes it was easier when we were losing
you mean lower expectations
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #153
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The commentators were blasting the fan base, the players seem to be hearing the fans anger. I get it, but I don't want Houston to be Philly South.
Old 01-05-2013   #154
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

No its because of the comments you make to fans of the Texans like this:

Quote:
Just become a fan of whomever the SB winner is every year.
Quote:
Well I guess that makes you a dead soul with a miserable existence. Don't ever call yourself a fan though. I'll make sure to remember this label you gave me for celebrating my team's victory in the playoffs. I'm happy we won and I'll be happy to watch them next week. You, you'll be hoping we lose just so you can come to this board to call us fans dumbasses. Go root for the Cowboys.
Quote:
More and more the band wagoners are showing their faces. Just enjoy the amusement.
Old 01-05-2013   #155
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I was loving that, when they wrote US off!

Harrison was a cheap shot artist when he played so he can suck it.
It doesn't mean his prediction is wrong.

They're both playing the odds. Did you not see the first game on Monday night? It was a total dismantling of the Texans.

Why would either of them pick FOR us?

I'd begin to question their logic if they picked us.
Old 01-05-2013   #156
GP 
Go Texans!

I agree with bckey.

There's been too much berating of fans by fellow fans on here.

I think a lot of that is misplaced anger. Can't really do anything about the dwindling state of this franchise...so let's just take it out on fellow fans.
Old 01-05-2013   #157
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
you mean lower expectations
No, I mean we didnt blow out the bengals and yeah we left a lot of points on the field, but bitching about it his quickly is not healthy. Madden games has ruined fans
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #158
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I agree with bckey.

I think a lot of that is misplaced anger. Can't really do anything about the dwindling state of this franchise...so let's just take it out on fellow fans.
i dont call out people are down people very often, but some people are getting bashed for being happy for the texans. Like we arent supposed to be happy they won. So some are retaliating. I have never seen a bigger devide among the fans here. We were all so unified when we sucked haha
Old 01-05-2013   #159
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with bckey.

Dwindling state of this franchise?

LOL you are a joke.

I saw 71,000 fans having a great time tonight enjoying the Texans playoff WIN, it's only good positivity right now for Texans fans.

You internet tough guys must still be in hiding, thanks for the great time tonight to all the actual Texans fans at Reliant.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #160
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with bckey.

Wait 'til they get a load of me.........

Love all of us disfuctional Texans, no kidding. My adrenaline has waned after the game, whew!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read