Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #241
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You need no momentum to beat a team like the Bengals.

All you have to do is grind it out. You can't "grind it out" vs. the Patriots.

We tried that already, remember? Did you watch the MNF game? We tried to grind it out, and it lasted about 7 minutes into the first quarter...then the Patriots punched us in the proverbial nose and we proverbially layed down and cried "Uncle!"

But all that's gonna' change, right? I want to know by what miracle Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub are going to reverse all of this.
They did not try that. They couldn't even try it because their mistakes put them down by 21 in the blink of an eye.

Foster had 15 carries, (hardly grinding it out) ran it one time for a great gain on a holding call then the Texans decided they wanted to start passing.

I don't see why it couldn't change. Why even play the game then? I mean really?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #242
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
Please go for it on 4th down when you 1 yard to go instead of pointless FG and no more stupid screen passes.
Those stupid field goals ended up winning us the game.
Old 01-05-2013   #243
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
And that, in itself, was sad.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #244
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aside from that, if we dont convert that and had the ball over to cincy at midfield like we have numerous times when graham has missed 50 yard FG's, folks in here would've blown a gasket....that hindsight rationale i tell ya.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #245
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bail? LOL.

Aw hell, Tex. You are doing exactly what you do in the NSZ: LABELING.

It's just as sad here, btw.
I label people in the NSZ?? This coming from one of the biggest conservatives that constantly bashes liberals, Ron Paul fans, and etc?

Thank you Pot.

Quote:
You got me wrong on the Peyton Manning thing. I at first thought we should try for him, then I felt like maybe he was a liability with his neck, then I thought "Well hell, now it looks like we never even ATTEMPTED to look into the idea of getting him..." I went back and forth on that issue.
Exactly All over the place on it, changing from one day to the next with extreme opinions back and forth. Then waiting until the Texans lose a game or two after winning 12 to bash the franchise for it. Typical of you and no one would be surprised.

Quote:
Dude, the Rick Smith issue? Yeah, he cannot control all factors. No GM can. Decisions were made by this FO that impacted and dictated moves that had to be made. I was OK with letting Dressen and Brisiel walk, couldn't match their offers. Was smart to re-sign Foster, Brown, and Myers. What's the alternative? Traded 'Meco, which saved cap room and frankly he wasn't being used by Wade much at all. Got a draft pick for him, a nice one, which is a rare thing for ANY Texans GM to have accomplished in 10 years here. Good for us. How is that knee-jerking? I don't see it, Tex. LOL.
You bashed Smith for years. After one good season, he's untouchable to you? That gave me a good laugh at the time. A GM that was supposedly horrible all of a sudden was this really good one because we had one good season. But now that you're hating on any chance that this team has, well I'd say you were wrong about Rick Smith then since you think we have no chance. You're bashing us for not going after Manning, and because we aren't capable of winning in the playoffs. Saying our GM is above criticism and then acting like our team is such a joke is a huge contradiction.

Quote:
Martin impressed in camp, and in the preseason, and really he had some slip-ups and Kubiak lost confidence in him. So I'm a bad fan for "bailing" on this team YET I had confidence in Martin and was excited about Kubiak's decision to give him major playing time? Isn't that a contradiction?
You had confidence based off of a pre season performance where guys flop from that all the time. I told you that, but it didn't matter. You knew they were going to be really. Well, they haven't been, but I haven't heard you even whisper a word about that. Only blaming Schaub for everything that goes wrong. You even suggested to bench the starting QB before the playoffs. Talk about absurdity. No HC would ever do that.

Quote:
You're reaching, Tex. You're trying to paint me with a broad brush here, and it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm stating the same thing tons of posters have told you over and over for years.

Quote:
I giggled when Matt did the "Yessss!" hip thrust celebration move when we converted at the end of the game to keep the clock ticking. He has no clue how poorly he's been playing for like the last month+. He got a playoff win. Good. Now what? How does he solve the problem that is New England? He probably can't.
So you know what Schaub thinks now and how he feels about his own play? Lol! Conspiracies again. Instead of being happy that we won, you laughed at the team you claim to support. Pat yourself on the back.

Quote:
My only good feelings today were this: The fans in the stadium got to see our guys win, at home, and there wasn't a messy loss (at home) which would have been a real bummer for them.
Yeah, we won against a team that had just won 7 out of their last 8 that was also a playoff team last season. We beat a good team that had been playing a lot better then we have lately. Had we won 7 out of our last 8, you'd probably be acting like we were SB bound knowing you.

Quote:
Outside of that, there wasn't much to hang our hat upon today. The long passes Dalton missed with AJ Green...those won't be overthrown by Tom Brady. The passes dropped by Gresham and the others? Won't be dropped by Welker and Gronk and Gonzalez and Marshall and Woodhead. Everything the Bengals did today, the Pats won't do that. And everything the Bengals didn't do today, the Patriots WILL do.
I watch Brady every week. He over throws balls in every game. His players drop balls in every game. It may not be a lot, but the Patriots have lost just as many games as we have this year. They almost lost to the freaking Jags just two weeks ago. How you act like our team or any playoff team is incapable of beating any other team with all of the upsets in playoff history is mind blowing actually. Patriots haven't won a SB in like 10 years or something like that. We probably won't win, but we certainly can win.

Quote:
We're about to face the same team we faced in New England on MNF. And we, Tex, are the same team they faced as well. How does that shake out, if all things are equal?
Doesn't matter. All that matters is how we play next week and how they play next week. That's up to "GARY KUBIAK" to have OUR TEAM READY.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I said this same thing the week leading up to the first contest between us and the Pats. I was also labeled a loser and an ******* back then, too. But then again...I'm a KNEE JERKER, right? Right.

You were labeled that way before that by many.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #246
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol
Our defense played better than they have been playing our offense controlled the clock like they were doing during the first 12 games of the season. We were playing against a better defense than we have seen recently yet we moved the ball better. Not sure how you did not see some improvement because it was there.
Old 01-05-2013   #247
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I am amazed that we are lamenting a win. Our defense played very well, our offense played better than it did in any of the last 4 weeks and against a team with a top 5 defense.

I don't think we can beat NE with the way we played in the red zone, but nonetheless we actually executed on a gameplan that we set out. Just enjoy the win and let's hope this offense can fix its RZ problems .
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #248
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And that, in itself, was sad.
I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.
Old 01-05-2013   #249
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You were labeled that way before that by many.
Doesn't make it true, and doesn't make it right.

And you know that.

You're saying whatever you think will win this argument.
Old 01-05-2013   #250
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.
No way 19 points beats the Pats........but I won't bet my life on it.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #251
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.
The best unit on the field today was the Texans defense. No shame in punting the ball and trusting the D to do what they have been doing all day, which is putting the Bengals offense on lockdown.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #252
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Week 2: Cards 20 - Pats 18

It's possible, but it would be a terrible bet.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #253
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
They did not try that. They couldn't even try it because their mistakes put them down by 21 in the blink of an eye.

Foster had 15 carries, (hardly grinding it out) ran it one time for a great gain on a holding call then the Texans decided they wanted to start passing.

I don't see why it couldn't change. Why even play the game then? I mean really?
Why do you put words in my mouth? "Why even play the game then?"

All I am saying, and others are too, is that we can't take this Bengals game and say "Holy moly! We got our momentum back! Whew!"

OK, yes, technically any given Sunday any team has a shot. But really, come on now, do you expect us to win next Sunday? I mean, in your bones you feel this is a win RIGHT NOW???

What's the harm in saying that we need the Patriots to stumble and we need our A+ game? Is that evil? Is that being a bad fan? Or is it just telling it like it is?

Lining up these two teams, in 10 games, you expect us to beat the Patriots how many times? Tell the truth.

Nobody wants to be butt honest, though. No. We beat the Bengals, so...nobody say for one second that we're up against it in this next game.

We're up against it.

We had a chance to get them to come to us. We had two chances. I liked our chances at home. Not in THEIR house.

I'm talking real talk here, btw. I'm talking straight up football and what this all comes down to: Odds. Bookies and wagerers live and die by it, and most times the odds-makers are right, and they get it wrong sometimes...but most times they get it right. For a purpose. They don't get sentimental. They look at cold hard facts.

Like I said, many times over: I'm glad for the fans on this Bengals game. And glad for the Texans players, too. The last home game and we won it. That's a good thing. But doesn't change the upcoming odds that the Patriots will go about normal business next weekend.
Old 01-05-2013   #254
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Week 2: Cards 20 - Pats 18

It's possible, but it would be a terrible bet.
I watched that game. I was like "Whoa! What? No way. HOLY CRAP!"

They snoozed on the Cards.
Old 01-05-2013   #255
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, maybe a head coach doesn't settle for as many field goals against NE, because he knows he needs more to beat them, but FG are not too bad against Cinci, because our defense was shutting them down for the most part.
The way the Texans approached this game might be entirely different than the way they approach NE.

I'll trust the actual head coach over a couple of guys who seem to want nothing more than to prove themselves right, and act like complete *********s to other people.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #256
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't make it true, and doesn't make it right.

And you know that.

You're saying whatever you think will win this argument.
I'm saying nothing that you haven't heard from many others before. Out of respect I never went there with you. But today, you bash our team after a playoff win and then bash myself and others for being excited about a victory. You have put yourself on display all by yourself.
Old 01-05-2013   #257
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you put words in my mouth? "Why even play the game then?"

All I am saying, and others are too, is that we can't take this Bengals game and say "Holy moly! We got our momentum back! Whew!"

OK, yes, technically any given Sunday any team has a shot. But really, come on now, do you expect us to win next Sunday? I mean, in your bones you feel this is a win RIGHT NOW???

What's the harm in saying that we need the Patriots to stumble and we need our A+ game? Is that evil? Is that being a bad fan? Or is it just telling it like it is?

Lining up these two teams, in 10 games, you expect us to beat the Patriots how many times? Tell the truth.

Nobody wants to be butt honest, though. No. We beat the Bengals, so...nobody say for one second that we're up against it in this next game.

We're up against it.

We had a chance to get them to come to us. We had two chances. I liked our chances at home. Not in THEIR house.

I'm talking real talk here, btw. I'm talking straight up football and what this all comes down to: Odds. Bookies and wagerers live and die by it, and most times the odds-makers are right, and they get it wrong sometimes...but most times they get it right. For a purpose. They don't get sentimental. They look at cold hard facts.

Like I said, many times over: I'm glad for the fans on this Bengals game. And glad for the Texans players, too. The last home game and we won it. That's a good thing. But doesn't change the upcoming odds that the Patriots will go about normal business next weekend.
Well I didn't really put words in your mouth, you just called it a "Miracle" that the team would turn it around.

I'm talking real talk here too. Have provided SEVERAL hard cold numbers.

That top teams in the NFL playoffs go down on a annual basis. That Foster and Watt take it to another level in the playoffs.

It's no secret how you beat a guy like Brady or any QB. You run the ball and keep it out of their hands. You think the Texans Don't have the weaponry to do that? They do.

OBVIOUSLY we are up against a great team. No one that thinks the Texans can win thinks they are going to go in there and roll over anyone. We think if the Texans play their game they have a shot at it.

This is the playoffs, it only gets harder with every win you get. But yeah the Bengals win does help because for the first time in weeks they ran the ball well...their secondary and Oline played well...that was something they did not do the past 4 weeks.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #258
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This may all be true, but that doesn't mean we can't win. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be excited for the opportunity to play in this game. Stating that we can't do what the Jets did two years ago is silly. It was just TWO YEARS AGO and the Pats had a 14-2 season that year where Brady threw for 36 TD's and only 4 INT's. I'd rather be playing the Pats in the playoffs even if we lose, then to sit here and be mad that we're in the playoffs like you seem to be.
Old 01-05-2013   #259
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched that game. I was like "Whoa! What? No way. HOLY CRAP!"

They snoozed on the Cards.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #260
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
different game against a different team. Just because we scored 19 points against a really good defense does'nt mean we will score 19 against an average defense. We played better than we have been. I'm pumped!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read