Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #1541
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Sir. Are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
You sitting next to Case right now, Matt?

Tell him that at least he didn't throw a pick 6 today, please. k-thanx.
An obvious reply, and I understand he lost his cool. But I wanted more from this season. I felt our best shot was Matt, and it's so frustrating to be 2-7. Never saw it coming.
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #1542
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 52199 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
Sorry, I am on an airplane and the feed is delayed.
Matt, I'm about to activate my real estate license and jump in the hot Houston market.

Can I list your house? If you can talk Gary and Coach Joe into letting me list theirs too I'll cut 1% off my commission on yours!
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #1543
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 223543 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: why was my post deleted?

If you want to talk about Schaub you are free to do so and to have any opinion you want. Do it in the All Encompassing Matt Schaub thread.
Old 11-10-2013   #1544
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 20453 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why was my post deleted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
r u drunk? elohel
I'm drunk! Just guessing but Texan Bill is probably drunk. So please delete this post, any other posts I have made tonight; and yeah, you should think about deleting any posts Texan Bill has made tonight. Or pretty much any night. No offense Texan Bill, luv u.
Old 11-11-2013   #1545
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
can i say "jinx" or is that too gay? Can I say that today or will the NSA sick the PC Police on me?
Jinx is probably ok, but gay is definitely out.

It has to be ghay or it results in neg rep.
Old 11-11-2013   #1546
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

It's not that i want to see Schaub come back in & start b/c i dont....he's done for sure. i just find it funny how people are pointing to Keenum's stats like "see, i told you he's good" even though we still only play 1/2 of a game.

When folks tried to point towards stats with Schaub it was "well, this is a qb friendly system..." or "Kubiak/AJ/Foster are making him look good.." etc. etc.

I'm also finding it funny how every excuse in the book is coming out in defense of Keenum but you couldn't get anyone on this board to consider all that stuff for Schaub. I told people when all this started, most times, guys don't fall over the hill right before your eyes like Schaub did this season....there's more to it than just Schaub's poor play.....Now since Case has been starting it's more on:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The reality of it is, Schaub had to deal with all of that too & he likely felt pressure to try to do more than he was capable of at times. & 10 year vet or not, no qb can function under siege like our qb's have had to for basically 2 years now. You add in the awful coaching & outdated scheme & you get "business as usual" in terms of this team's success record wise & terrible 2nd halves.

I say all this to say that you can't have it both ways. Yes, Case isn't turning the ball over in epic fashion like Schaub was towards the end, but he's yet to show that he can overcome the same set of circumstances that ultimately contributed to the demise of Schaub.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #1547
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
You sitting next to Case right now, Matt?

Tell him that at least he didn't throw a pick 6 today, please. k-thanx.

Well that certainly wasnt because he didnt try to throw one. He was lucky in that the cards couldnt hold on to the ball
2012Champs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2013   #1548
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering we couldn't stop a single blitz, nor made any attempt to make adjustments, Schaub would've ended up in a body cast. Keenum at least has an excuse for being unable to read blitzes. Schaub's been in the league a long time and still can't.
Old 11-11-2013   #1549
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Considering we couldn't stop a single blitz, nor made any attempt to make adjustments, Schaub would've ended up in a body cast. Keenum at least has an excuse for being unable to read blitzes. Schaub's been in the league a long time and still can't.

When have we been able to stop the blitz?
Old 11-11-2013   #1550
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is just silly....according to what alot of Keenum supporters were saying reading the defense was a strong suit of Keenum's skill....afterall, he did it alot at Uof H... I thought that his mobility & him extending plays with his feet was what was going to prevent him from getting sacked too much? This type of simplified analysis of the position (& has been going on) is why fans often get fooled into thinking a guy is the real deal when he's not.

Nothing Keenum saw yesterday was any worse than what Schaub saw against Tennessee or SD this year. Sure he didn't throw any picks, but lets be real here, we know he should've had at least 2..he was lucky in that regard...

pressure & blitzing bothers every single qb in the league...especially pressure coming up the middle right in your face. Only the elite can handle it consistently well. so it's no surprise that Keenum has struggled with being blitzed & pressured. Why schaub continues to be singled-out here for his inability to handle it consistently is beyond me.

You guys....
Old 11-11-2013   #1551
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is just silly....according to what alot of Keenum supporters were saying reading the defense was a strong suit of Keenum's skill....afterall, he did it alot at Uof H... I thought that his mobility & him extending plays with his feet was what was going to prevent him from getting sacked too much? This type of simplified analysis of the position (& has been going on) is why fans often get fooled into thinking a guy is the real deal when he's not.

Nothing Keenum saw yesterday was any worse than what Schaub saw against Tennessee or SD this year. Sure he didn't throw any picks, but lets be real here, we know he should've had at least 2..he was lucky in that regard...

pressure & blitzing bothers every single qb in the league...especially pressure coming up the middle right in your face. Only the elite can handle it consistently well. so it's no surprise that Keenum has struggled with being blitzed & pressured. Why schaub continues to be singled-out here for his inability to handle it consistently is beyond me.

You guys....
I think what kills Keenum right now is the one thing Schaub seems to have that Case doesn't. Experience.

You only get it one way and that can sometimes be ugly. If the game doesn't appear to slow down for him by the end of the year I think we may still be looking for a QB. We have 7 more games for him to learn to settle down and handle the pressure better. One thing was all know whether we're Keenum fans or not is that once teams realize you can't handle the pressure they're going to bring you all of it they can manage.

After he plays the rest of the season we'll be able to make a fair assessment of what we're seeing in Case Keenum.

Whether we will actually do it or not remains to be seen.
Old 11-11-2013   #1552
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Should we go back and "be real" about the picks Schaub almost threw too?

I can't take a lot of y'all seriously. Some folks judge keenum more harshly than they judged Matt and dude just made his third start without the head coach and normal play caller present.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #1553
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I can't take a lot of y'all seriously. Some folks judge keenum more harshly than they judged Matt and dude just made his third start without the head coach and normal play caller present.

Yes you can go back and be real about the picks Schaub almost threw. Its simply being realistic to look at yesterdays game and how Case got very lucky so when people talk about him not throwing picks its not as though some help wasnt on his side. Thats not judging anyone more harshly than another its just reality
Old 11-11-2013   #1554
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rep! And there's a lot more to beating the blitz than just recognizing the blitz. There's play calling and audibles, none of which Keenum has had the benefit of or the ability to utilize, due to the intrinsic nature of Gary's offense.

Moreover, yesterday we saw Case motion both Tate and Johnson to the side the blitz was coming from, to no avail. You're simply not going to beat the blitz unless you call blitz beating plays. It didn't happen.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #1555
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

by the end of Schaub's run, people pretty much were counting Schaub's near picks as if they were actual picks....look no further than the game threads....specifically, the SF game thread.
Old 11-11-2013   #1556
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
by the end of Schaub's run, people pretty much were counting Schaub's near picks as if they were actual picks....look no further than the game threads....specifically, the SF game thread.

or blaming a QB for tipped ball picks
Old 11-13-2013   #1557
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
It's not that i want to see Schaub come back in & start b/c i dont....he's done for sure. i just find it funny how people are pointing to Keenum's stats like "see, i told you he's good" even though we still only play 1/2 of a game.

When folks tried to point towards stats with Schaub it was "well, this is a qb friendly system..." or "Kubiak/AJ/Foster are making him look good.." etc. etc.

I'm also finding it funny how every excuse in the book is coming out in defense of Keenum but you couldn't get anyone on this board to consider all that stuff for Schaub. I told people when all this started, most times, guys don't fall over the hill right before your eyes like Schaub did this season....there's more to it than just Schaub's poor play.....Now since Case has been starting it's more on:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The reality of it is, Schaub had to deal with all of that too & he likely felt pressure to try to do more than he was capable of at times. & 10 year vet or not, no qb can function under siege like our qb's have had to for basically 2 years now. You add in the awful coaching & outdated scheme & you get "business as usual" in terms of this team's success record wise & terrible 2nd halves.

I say all this to say that you can't have it both ways. Yes, Case isn't turning the ball over in epic fashion like Schaub was towards the end, but he's yet to show that he can overcome the same set of circumstances that ultimately contributed to the demise of Schaub.
Are we sure about that? He hasn't thrown an INT, & while he hasn't thrown a pick 6, that fumble recovered for a TD had the same affect. & while I'm not taken seriously, I've been saying the same thing since week 1. Yeah, it sucks that we've got a QB that needs "everything" to be perfect, but we've built this team to "be" perfect. We've got so much invested on the defensive side of the ball, plus one of the best DCs of the last decade (hopefully our Dick Lebeau, Jim Johnson, Monty Kiffen, Rex Ryan). 7 pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball; Andre, Duane, Wade, Myers, OD, Arian, Schaub...... Only Aj has been pulling his weight, since New England (& that's when Schaub can get him the ball).

Seattle had a great 2012 with their rookie QB because their play makers stepped up... their running game, their defense. SF with Frank Gore & Patrick Willis made it easy on Kaepernick. & on paper they don't look anywhere near as good as our squad, but when it mattered the Colts run game & defense came up as big and Andrew Luck looks like "Andrew Luck."

I was hoping the "spark" we were looking for would result in our play-makers making plays, that our #1 defense would look like a #1 defense. That our 1a & 1b running backs would be the envy of the NFL. Or that we'd find our "Victor Cruz" or "T.Y. Hilton" but.... obviously the spark "we" were looking for was a QB that plays lights out in the first half.

I used to give Rex Ryan a hard time, called him a cheer leader. But he, like Pagano, like Bellichick..... are obviously more capable than Kubiak at getting the most out of their players.
Old 11-13-2013   #1558
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Like you said, it doesn't matter. Our problem is about the team. Play from the QB may look a bit different.... but we're 0-3 over the last three games.

When Schaub was QB, the only thing that mattered was W's & L's (until we started winning) shouldn't be any different now.
Old 11-13-2013   #1559
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Rep! And there's a lot more to beating the blitz than just recognizing the blitz. There's play calling and audibles, none of which Keenum has had the benefit of or the ability to utilize, due to the intrinsic nature of Gary's offense.
Moreover, yesterday we saw Case motion both Tate and Johnson to the side the blitz was coming from, to no avail. You're simply not going to beat the blitz unless you call blitz beating plays. It didn't happen.
You say the bolded like Schaub didn't have to deal with all that. Don't pull out the excuses for Keenum. He's performed admirably but at the end of the day, this is the system & the coaching staff & what he has to work within...

as far as the "blitz beating" plays, we did call them...the defense was just all over them is all. What, you don't think they knew Keenum was trying to get rid of the ball quickly when they sent a blitz at him? Washington & Dansby were pretty much banking on it which is why alot of that short underneath & over the middle stuff Keenum threw was mostly incomplete &/or nearly picked off.
Old 11-13-2013   #1560
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

-the o-line
-the coaching
-the defense
-the special teams

The thing is I did bring up all these issues in support of Schaub.
I did not lay everything at his feet.
But Schaub has become one of the problems.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read