Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #881
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

The following is not aimed at anyone here on TT at the moment. I just created these for a war within the Austin Texans fan group FB page and I think they're funny so just posting here too for amusement.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #882
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Feel sorry for MS in a way. He is what he is. GK keeps sending him out there expecting different results.
Still insane after all these years.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #883
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Or is it "still crazy after all these years"
Old 09-29-2013   #884
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Guys, none of us know what the hell we're talking about (But I'm going to pretend like I do, anyway).

You don't bench your starting QB when you're 2-2. You give him the chance to right the ship. If you dip below .500, then you pull the trigger.
You don't bench him for good. But you sure as hell put his ass on the bench for a series or two and make him sit over on the sidelines studying pictures of the defensive coverage he threw into. A message that his play is unacceptable needs to be sent. When a RB fumbles, he sits his ass for a while. When a WR fumbles, same thing. When a kick returner muffs one, off to the bench. When the QB turns the ball over at the worst time possible, and a pick six at that. you sit his ass for a spell.
Old 09-29-2013   #885
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
This guy almost threw 4 ints today. Unfortunately I doubt Yates and keenum are better. But the oline pass protection is bad and couple pressure with a QB that crumbles under it and this is what we're stuck with. I've never seen a QB that retreats so much and goes down with any physical contact. Schaub is weak in every sense of the word. He is physically weak in the legs and arm and he lacks fortitude. I don't know if the pass protection or QB should be the highest priority. Both are holding this team back.
I have no doubt at all that either Yates or Keenum would do better. They are both accurate, mobile and know the offense very well. Kubiak won't make a change because Kubiak seems to hate change. I'll take a QB controversy over losses like the last 2 weeks at this point.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Yates Era begin next week in SF. He's got a much better chance of making plays against that D than Schaub and will be more likely to target a WR not named Andre Johnson for 3 quarters of the game.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #886
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It's not just Schaub. Don't get me wrong, he's horrible, but the next QB is still handcuffed by Kubiak's inept playcalling.
Even still, juke the 340lb lineman in the backfield, buy some time for Andre, DeAndre, Foster, Owen, or Graham to get open & make a play.

At the very least, run the ball past the LoS, shorten the down & distance for the next play. Every QB in the league has been able to at least turn 2nd & 16 into 2nd & 12 but Matt Schaub. Unmobile Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Tom Brady..... I've seen linemen with knee braces run better than Matt Schaub. That's ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2013   #887
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him.
He's scoring points for the other team.

You honestly expect us to believe there isn't a QB on our bench that can average less than 6 ppg for the other team?

If that's the case, we need to replace everyone. From the GM to the towel boy.
Old 09-29-2013   #888
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a idea, someone make a voting thread with our three QB's, I would love to see the percentage after today on who we want as starting QB.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #889
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Schaub has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's scoring points for the other team.

You honestly expect us to believe there isn't a QB on our bench that can average less than 6 ppg for the other team?

If that's the case, we need to replace everyone. From the GM to the towel boy.
TK,

You know I don't think much of GK and Rick Smith.

Rick Smith has done some good things but missed on the big ones.
Getting something for Mario, resigning Schaub and keeping GK as head coach.

I think in the long run cleaning house will be done before we get any deeper in playoffs only I think we are a few years from this happening unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2013   #890
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Do you really believe that in the background, owners do not commonly have "discussions" with their head coaches that "help" lead to various coach decisions? I believe that would be naive.
And didn't both McNair and Smith call out Schaub this past offseason? I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those "discussions" this week.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #891
xsatyr
noob

xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #892
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
I concur
Old 09-29-2013   #893
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
The following is not aimed at anyone here on TT at the moment. I just created these for a war within the Austin Texans fan group FB page and I think they're funny so just posting here too for amusement.....

6 INTs in 4 games..... That's insane that the guy finished the game as the starter. There wouldn't have been a better time to bench him.

Talking to Matt, stroking him, whatever, is not working.
Old 09-29-2013   #894
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
610 caller made a great point - Ben Tate fumbles and Kubes benches him the rest of the game. Tate didn't get another carry.
We didn't expect to see him back after the fumble, but I thought Wood might share carries with Foster.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #895
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

WK15 VS mINN
WK 16 @ INDY

wc VS ciNCY

div @ NE

did matt have any pick sixes for these games I know he had one for minny but I forgot the rest ...?????

if so this would be like going back to last year 8 straight games of pick sixes
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #896
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
WK15 VS mINN
WK 16 @ INDY

wc VS ciNCY

div @ NE

did matt have any pick sixes for these games I know he had one for minny but I forgot the rest ...?????

if so this would be like going back to last year 8 straight games of pick sixes

no pick six vs Chargers

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #897
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
We didn't expect to see him back after the fumble, but I thought Wood might share carries with Foster.
Kubiak appears intent on running Foster into the ground just like he did with Terrell Davis. It's no coincidence that Foster's performances have been falling off every year. Wood should've gotten some carries.

If Tate gets benched for a fluke fumble (he had the ball secured properly from the guys he could see to his left) and Schaub doesn't when he's flailing the ball around like a wounded duck, that just doesn't seem right.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #898
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
no pick six vs Chargers
in all fairness, he gift wrapped a pick-6 for SD, but they did not make the play.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #899
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak will never publicly ostracize Schaub no matter how bad he is. He is an ultra-conservative coach that is set in ways and will not change with the times even if it costs his job. Unfortunately, we are stuck with incompetence until the guy is cut or we get a new coach.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #900
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

As upset as everyone is, keep in mind that these ugly losses need to happen in order to justify a change at QB. The worst thing for a team is to win just enough games that no changes occur, yet they never break their ceiling. That's where the Texans have been for three years. And this particular change requires definitive justification, because Kubiak won't do it otherwise.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read