Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #61
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Matt Schaub Remember when you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What easy drop? The one where he was sandwiched between kj and Joseph? He never had a shot at that ball. Dalton threw into double coverage and our d was perfect. Either kj OR Joseph were in perfect position and could have been enough. The two together made it impossible.
EZ=End Zone.........and it was catchable.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
EZ=End Zone.........and it was catchable.
JJo got a hand on it. It wasn't Green just dropping it.
Old 01-06-2013   #63
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
It was actually overthrown by Dalton, but for kicks lets say he doesn't make that mistake and they get the TD .... then lets say MS doesn't brain fart and throw the pick-six .... we still win. The QB mistakes off-set each other.
You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/f/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #64
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.
Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #65
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Don't see anyone stating that Schaub led this team to victory or that he was the big reason why we won, but he only had like two bad plays to me.

I don't know man, maybe I've just always understood Schaub for what he was and a lot of you guys thought he was borderline elite or something. Schaub's play right now isn't that surprising to me, but he made some real good plays on 3rd down today at least. I won't ever expect Schaub to carry this team to victory. I expect the team to carry Schaub more, but for Schaub to carry them sometimes (but not often). We're a defensive run first team. That's who we are. Expecting Schaub to be any different then what he's always been isn't really fair to expect it NOW. We just need for him not to make INT's or fumbles and to be able to make some TD passes in the RZ.
schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro
Old 01-06-2013   #66
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.
AJ man wasn't releasing. He was breaking back in toward AJ to cover a hitch route. His back was also toward walter so there's no way he sees that route developing from behind. I rewind that play 5 times. No way that corner get back to cover Walter when he was too focus on our superstar reciever. That still doesn't explain why Schaub panick in that perfect pocket.
Old 01-06-2013   #67
klockWork
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If Schaub didn't overthrow AJ deep along the sideline, he might have had a TD threre.

If AJ caught the ball in the endzone, he would have had a TD there, what's your point?
Why do people keep insisting AJ drop that TD pass? He can't catch it with his finger nails.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4241/ajj.png
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2013   #68
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If both of these QBs are rookies, what does that make Schaub?

These rookie QBs look lightyears ahead of Schaub hahaha
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #69
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #70
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If both of these QBs are rookies, what does that make Schaub?

wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #71
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Why do people keep insisting AJ drop that TD pass? He can't catch it with his finger nails.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4241/ajj.png
And I've ready told you that the reason the ball was just off was because Wade Smith got beat right away and the DT was in Schaub's grill.

If Schaub directed the ball higher and to the inside, he would risk getting the ball batted down. If he tried to pull up he risked a sack.

The other point was that there was no catch by neither side.
You can play the what if game all day long, that ain't gonna change.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #72
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest thing is when you see these QBs roll out of the pocket and actually THROW the ball DOWNFIELD

When Schaub rolls out of the pocket, you might as well put an incompletion in the books as he throws it into the ground 3 yards downfield. It actually baffles me how un-athletic he is lol
Old 01-06-2013   #73
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: If both of these QBs are rookies, what does that make Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".
Absolutely agree.

Schaub doesnt exude confidence with his teammates, fans, and media.

He exudes fear and loathing.

Some people have that "IT" factor. Some people dont.

I cant stand his stupid aloof gomer pyle face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.

yea lets just gloss over the fact that matt schaub is a nine year veteran who is just finally played his first playoff game.

smdh at you trying to clown on rookies who led their team to the playoffs.

Even worse you bagging on Andrew Luck who plays with a horrid oline while being a rookie who led his team to a 11 win season a year before his team only won two games.

Luck would throw for 5k if he played for the texans.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #74
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post

Luck would throw for 5k if he played for the texans.
this isn't madden

put the controller down
Old 01-06-2013   #75
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game... these are also 2 VERY good defenses..

thats the problem with the schaub detractors, they always look for faults in other qbs to justify schaubs mediocre play..
Old 01-06-2013   #76
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub a dinosaur with a knee high ceiling
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #77
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game...
i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".

whats the point?

oh right complain complain complain some more because the texans haven't sucked long enough to get a number 1 overall pick or maybe go decades like the redskins until we find a qb like rg3.

why watch this team?

blow it up so we can go years after years until we get an "elite"qb
Old 01-06-2013   #78
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Talking Re: If both of these QBs are rookies, what does that make Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Schaub a dinosaur with a knee high ceiling
lmao
Old 01-06-2013   #79
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".
schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

damn you folks defend this dude at all costs..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

Last edited by Premier; 01-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #80
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

damn you folks defend this dude at all costs..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

exactly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read