Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-19-2013   #681
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It still makes no sense to me that Schaub would play in the meaningless Pro Bowl if he should have been resting/healing up his injury so he can be 100% for next season. If it was his first Pro Bowl, I understand, but this is his second & he was the MVP of the last one he was in.

However, what really worried me was this bit:
If the Colts won't give Reed a long term deal, which is what he wants becaue thats the only way he will ge paid what he wants to get paid (even though he made $7mill this year) then it shouldn't be a concern.

I bet he stays a Raven
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #682
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw some improvement in his scrambling abilities in the SD game. He was actually avoiding rushers and hustling to the outside to extend the play.

Then I saw a revert back to the old schaub of laying down when someone got near him on that big loss sack. I hope to see the former the rest of the season. It is good that he has worked on his scrambling abilities. I suspect the back up QB battle that has been going on has forced him to up his game as well.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #683
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Schaublem

If he throws another pick 6 what are the odds Kubiak pulls him we all know he does this with the running backs but what about the QB.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #684
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 121652 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaublem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
If he throws another pick 6 what are the odds Kubiak pulls him we all know he does this with the running backs but what about the QB.
Unless he's hurt, he's NOT coming out. Bank it.
Old 09-26-2013   #685
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Kubiak/Dennison didn't sound too happy with him this morning, and Kubiak isn't throwing it on his back. Will be interesting to watch and see if they pull him if he's not protecting the ball better.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...es-in-a-hurry/

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...bad-decisions/

Old 09-26-2013   #686
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 71928 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With Seattle's defense, this is a possibility.

Not to mention Schaub's hands are soft, like a lady...
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #687
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it wrong for me as a fan to hope Schaub gets some mysterious injury that only affects his football career so we can force Kubes to play someone else? I am just so sick of Schaub...
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2013   #688
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Schaub has another game like he had in Baltimore this coming week against Seattle I think Kubes might give him another chance. But, if he does the same against the Niners, I think they bench him. I don't see Kubes staying with Schaub if he (Schaub) is losing the games for them, regardless of how loyal some people think Kubes is about certain coaches and players. The question then becomes, who does he go with, Yates or Keenum? I know he said Yates was #2, but I still wonder. Nah, he'd go with Yates.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #689
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Kubiak/Dennison didn't sound too happy with him this morning, and Kubiak isn't throwing it on his back. Will be interesting to watch and see if they pull him if he's not protecting the ball better.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...es-in-a-hurry/

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...bad-decisions/
This is the most group-think organization I've ever seen. If they're saying it publicly, you can be sure that everyone from Bob McNair to the Long snapper has discussed it before hand.

This imo, is to increase the perception of Matt Schaub as the team leader. While it is being publicly stated that Schaub has to get better, I guarantee every player in that locker room understands he (themselves) have to play better to win a Super Bowl.
Old 09-26-2013   #690
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just waiting for next offseason. I've concluded we can't go to the SB with Schaub at the helm, so it will be interesting what Smith/Kubiak will decide this upcoming offseason (I believe this is his last year of guaranteed money). I'll enjoy this season for any success/wins we get but not a lot of expectations outside of winning our division.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #691
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Rodney Harrison: "Defenses Don't Fear Schaub"
http://youtu.be/Ypuk3Kip-WI

Not sure how much "intimidation" at QB really really matters. Small video, but for what its worth
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #692
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
If Schaub has another game like he had in Baltimore this coming week against Seattle I think Kubes might give him another chance. But, if he does the same against the Niners, I think they bench him.
No way. We are going to be forced to watch him as long as he can play.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #693
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTex View Post
Rodney Harrison: "Defenses Don't Fear Schaub"
http://youtu.be/Ypuk3Kip-WI

Not sure how much "intimidation" at QB really really matters. Small video, but for what its worth
thats what ive been thinking for years.. there isnt a defense in this league that fears matt schaub..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
I'm just waiting for next offseason. I've concluded we can't go to the SB with Schaub at the helm,
i find myself being less enthused about football this year. i feel defeated.. i would love to be wrong but there isnt a homer gene in me that believes schaub is a super bowl winning qb.. ive disliked the guy for years now but ive convinced myself in the past he might be good enough, not anymore. ive even been at the point i would rather sink with tj than coast with schaub to division round fluff..
Old 09-27-2013   #694
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i feel defeated.. i would love to be wrong but there isnt a homer gene in me that believes schaub is a super bowl winning qb.. ive disliked the guy for years now but ive convinced myself in the past he might be good enough, not anymore. ive even been at the point i would rather sink with tj than coast with schaub to division round fluff..
I'm close.

I was talking to a friend about him today, & the best thing either of us can say about him, is that he's not a bad QB. Can't say he's great, can't say defenses game plan for him the way you would for a Brady, or Roethlisberger, or even a Kaepernick.

I'd imagine it's like facing Romo. The defense says, "We've just got to weather the storm a little bit & wait for him to make a mistake." I'm sure there's a bit of that for every QB, but moreso for these guys, because they know it's going to happen. Where a Roethlisberger or a Kaepernick can make enough plays to overcome the mistakes, we've seen that's not the case with Schaub & Romo.

You've got to take the ball out of their hands, with a DeMarco Murray or a Foster/Tate.

Luckily for us, we've got a Foster/Tate, just gotta get that thing going.

& yes, it appears Big Ben is having difficulty overcoming his mistakes, with the lack of play-makers around him But we've got our play-makers.
Old 09-27-2013   #695
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a depressing article about Schaub's record in games that count:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...s_winner_l.php

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #696
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post

this article sums up exactly how I feel about Schaublem and Conserviak.

Old 09-27-2013   #697
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks for posting this article. Rep coming your way.

I remember originally posting Kubiak's "winner" statement here about Schaub...... with a WTF. This article so solidifies the reality of the antithesis of this statement.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #698
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm close.

I was talking to a friend about him today, & the best thing either of us can say about him, is that he's not a bad QB. Can't say he's great, can't say defenses game plan for him the way you would for a Brady, or Roethlisberger, or even a Kaepernick.

I'd imagine it's like facing Romo. The defense says, "We've just got to weather the storm a little bit & wait for him to make a mistake." I'm sure there's a bit of that for every QB, but moreso for these guys, because they know it's going to happen. Where a Roethlisberger or a Kaepernick can make enough plays to overcome the mistakes, we've seen that's not the case with Schaub & Romo.

You've got to take the ball out of their hands, with a DeMarco Murray or a Foster/Tate.

Luckily for us, we've got a Foster/Tate, just gotta get that thing going.

& yes, it appears Big Ben is having difficulty overcoming his mistakes, with the lack of play-makers around him But we've got our play-makers.
Good post. MSR
Old 09-27-2013   #699
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Going for a 3-0 start ranks as a "big game" several times in that little snippet...

I didn't want to read more than the first page because he was already fabricating his own little bit of history (just because Schaub didn't throw the ball more than 18 yards in the air does not mean we toned down the game plan, or that Kubiak doesn't trust Matt). Got to the second page & he's really spinning it.

If Kubiak did not & does not trust Schaub, Schaub wouldn't be here & our back-ups wouldn't be Tj "nobody" Yates & Case "even more of a nobody" Keenum.

There are issues with Schaub. There are issues with Kubiak. This blog misses on both accounts.
Old 09-27-2013   #700
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Kubiak speaks as though it's not him holding Schaub back:

(on if he is ever worried about QB Matt Schaub pressing, especially after he talks to him following pick-sixes or if he wants quarterbacks to not play afraid) “Oh yeah. First off, I want all guys to cut loose. I want them to play. I don’t want guys playing timid or those types of things. I want them to be aggressive in their play. It’s just focus. The biggest with the turnovers that we’ve had this year and, I think he’d be the first one to tell you, they’ve been really out of character as far as the four (interceptions). Normally, you’re going to get a ball tipped or something’s going to happen on an interception and there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it, but the decision-making process you can do something about. So that’s something he’s got to improve upon. The one thing about a quarterback, you can be doing it all right for 30 times and do it wrong one time, and make a really poor decision, and it really hurts your football team. It’s just consistency all day long.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read