Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #281
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Shaub gots to go!

Ring, ring - Hello, mini-Shanny? What do you need for Cousins?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #282
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Matt is a good QB... But not a very good competitor. He doesn't elevate his game when the big lights are on and he always tries to play it smart, or lets all it conservative. Schaub is not the guy who carries his team - but someone who can help his team.

If we can upgrade, sure, but its gonna be hard to find a franchise QB out there...
Matt's biggest problem, I think, is that when he & Kubiak are going over the game plan & the script, he needs to say, "Coach, give me the ball. Let me get a lead, then hand it over to Foster. I'm not going to run for a first down, I'm not going to extend any plays, but I can pick apart a defense if I have enough options."
Old 01-13-2013   #283
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.
you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #284
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.
so next year will be more of the same.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #285
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious
What do you mean if I'm serious? Everybody would be happy with an upgrade at QB. There is just a differing opinion on what an upgrade is.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #286
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Ring, ring - Hello, mini-Shanny? What do you need for Cousins?
Actually, Seattle might answer the phone if we were inquiring about Matt Flynn...
Old 01-13-2013   #287
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Actually, Seattle might answer the phone if we were inquiring about Matt Flynn...
so if we acquire Matt Flynn will we draft a QB in the 3rd round too? I want my young running QB like everyone else has!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2013   #288
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

cut schaub, hes useless
give tj a year to prove us something..
yates sinks or floats
if he sucks like all the schaub lovers say he does, then we will be first in line to draft johnny football..
johnny football will beast and lead the texans to greatness..
Old 01-13-2013   #289
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.
Old 01-13-2013   #290
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.
Schaub will continue to be the leader of the team. Of that I have no doubt. This situation will remain unchanged until he either loses the team or his presence/play begins to adversely affect the majority of followers of the team.
Old 01-13-2013   #291
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp
And there you have it. Kubiak should be fired for that statement alone.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #292
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
so if we acquire Matt Flynn will we draft a QB in the 3rd round too? I want my young running QB like everyone else has!
I want one too.
Old 01-13-2013   #293
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
And there you have it. Kubiak should be fired for that statement alone.
It's a media statement.

Not sure what else is he to say but that?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #294
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

At the same time, I hope it's just a media statement.

No reason IMO to have Schaub locked in as the #1 guy moving forward.

Either bring a guy in like Smith to at least challenge Schaub or draft a QB...you never know with those guys. Wilson and Kaepernick were drafted 3rd and 2nd round...
Old 01-13-2013   #295
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
It's a media statement.

Not sure what else is he to say but that?
How about....

"Well John *thump thump thump* we will be evaluating all of our players this off season."
Old 01-13-2013   #296
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
so next year will be more of the same.
I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.
Old 01-13-2013   #297
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.
Still looking at results instead of how the team plays....

Flacco, San Fran, and Denver were better teams this year.

Denver got a first round bye with manning and were competitive against a good ravens team. They were a few plays from winning. Yeah the results are the same, but that doesnt mean Tebow = Peyton.

T
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #298
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
How about....

"Well John *thump thump thump* we will be evaluating all of our players this off season."
I don't think it matters any ways.

Harbaugh again was saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently...I wonder if he'd still tell the media that if they even cared about it now.

It's just a blanket media statement. It's like how Belichick every week acts like the next team they are going to play is a elite team even if they haven't won a game yet.

Lets wait to see the actions instead of condemning him for a thing most coaches would say.
Old 01-13-2013   #299
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on now, do you guys expect Gary to say something extreme to media right after NE game? Likely Gary really thinks Matt is good enough but, when you give enough time to rethink about situation, people tend to change their mind.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #300
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When we got rid of Carr I think Gary said the sane things.

Schaub isn't going anywhere, but even if he was gary's not coming out right after the game and even hinting at the possibility.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read