Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2013   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andy Reid hired as Chiefs HC, GM Scott Pioli Out

The Chiefs have reached a contract agreement with Andy Reid to be their next head coach, according to a source close to the situation. The Chiefs were preparing to announce the signing later today.

Reid was scheduled to arrive in Kansas City today.

The Chiefs haven’t settled on a new general manager to replace Scott Pioli, but the most likely candidate is John Dorsey, Green Bay’s director of college scouting.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04...#storylink=cpy
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/04...new-coach.html
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andy Reid hired as Chiefs HC, GM Scott Pioli Out

Real talk: Does he try to bring over Vick?
Old 01-04-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chiefs will get better in a hurry. Because of both moves.

Jamal Charles may be the new #1 fantasy football pick next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Doubt it. I expect they'll try to draft their franchise QB in a few months.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

if he's smart, no..let sleeping dogs ly...besides, he already resurrected his career once, go ahead & roll with Cassel/quinn....draft your qb of the future to sit & watch this year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

KC is drafting Geno Smith then if he doesn't bring in Vick.
Old 01-04-2013   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Why? Reid had McCoy in Philly and didn't have a clue what to do with him.

If I'm a Chiefs fan I ain't liking this at all.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally, I draft a QB in the 2nd or trade up for one. I don't see a team trading for their 1st, and I don't think there's a QB worthy of the #1 pick in this class.

Problem scenario for Chiefs is I can see them going 8-8 next year.

Be interesting to see who the new GM is.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of Andy Reid. What's he done without McNabb & Jjohnson (RIP)?

I did think he would get another run at HC though & thought he should have gone to Arizona. Keep that defensive staff together & fix the offense.

KC... I doubt they give him 3 years.
Old 01-04-2013   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith would look good in Reid's system.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post

I'd liken Charles, and possibly Dexter McCluster, to being Reid's new Brian Westbrook. I don't expect this to be bad news for the KC backs.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

McCoy had over 1600 yards in total offense in both 2010 and 2011. Had he stayed healthy he would have come close to that again this season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I like Reid a lot as a HC. There was some bizarro stuff going on in Philly with that meddling owner & paranoid young GM with questionable ideas (scouts not allowed to talk to coaches during training camp) and drafts.

I think the best people left: Joe Banner & Reid, and the worst are still there along with that generally pathetic O-Line.

Charles is a historic back. His career yards per carry is a massive 5.8. No back can touch that. Ever. Bo Jackson was 5.4, Jim Brown 5.2.

If Hunt hires a GM who can evaluate talent, KC fans will be in for a ride even in their now tough division, imo.
Old 01-04-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Hunt hires a GM who can evaluate talent, KC fans will be in for a ride even in their now tough division, imo.
I don't question KC's talent. I question their defense. Remember how hard we criticized Gary for giving the DC job to his "friends" Smith & Bush? Reid made his OL coach his DC... I wonder how successful the Eagles would have been had Reid not given complete control of the defense to Jim Johnson.

In Arizona, he would have the option of keeping the defensive staff in place. Arizona has a good defense, just no offense & no QB. He'd be set up for "instant" success in Arizona.

Kansas City has a LB.
Old 01-04-2013   #14
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see a possible scenario playing out that could leave Vick in Philadelphia. If Philly hires Chip Kelly as their Head Coach, Vick could be the best QB to run his system (while they groom a Geno Smith caliber QB) for a year or two. If I'm Chip Kelly Philadelphia would be the top job on the market with Mccoy, Maclin, Jackson & Vick already there...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's good for Andy Reid, glad to see he landed on his feet somewhere. As for Vick, I don't see him following Reid anywhere, that relationship is over.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #16
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I did think he would get another run at HC though & thought he should have gone to Arizona. Keep that defensive staff together & fix the offense.

KC... I doubt they give him 3 years.
Charles is going to be underutilized as Reid prefers passing over rushing IMO which is going to suck for Charles as he's easily a top 5 back.

Reid hasn't done squat since McNabb declined and left, Jim Johnson passed away, etc etc. I don't like this move for the Chiefs but I hope it works out for them.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Last time the chiefs drafted a QB that started for the team, was Todd blackledge( draft class of 1983)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's good for Andy Reid, glad to see he landed on his feet somewhere. As for Vick, I don't see him following Reid anywhere, that relationship is over.
Just heard something interesting on the radio.

Andy Reid who was 4-12 & no shot at the play-offs for the last two years already has a job.

Lovie Smith who was 10-6 & knocking on the door both years don't.

He said this is an offensive league right now & that's where owners see value.

Like I said, thought it was interesting.
Old 01-05-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Last time the chiefs drafted a QB that started for the team, was Todd blackledge( draft class of 1983)
I think that stat should be the last time a QB they drafted won a game. If I remember correctly, they drafted Tyler Thigpen who did start, but did not win.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read