Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2013   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The roof, the roof, the roof...

....WE DON'T NEED NO WATER LET THE ........

Seriously. It's football time in Houston?! Open the dang roof. Cold? Wear a jacket. Hot? Get used to it. Wind? Who cares about wind? Rain? Better than getting blasted by a Reliant stadium sized air conditioner the whole game (only drawback to where we sit. It's freezing.) If I gotta listen to that dang song at maximum volume I damn well want my sunburns, soggy clothes and head colds with it! Quit trying to micro-manage everything into submission, it won't work. You worry about the stadium Bob. You worry about the contracts Rick. You worry about what happens on the field Gary. Let US worry about the volume. Believe me, no matter how you play, you're going to hear us roof or no roof.

I am the SUN. Let my people in. Let the football gods gaze upon our lot with favor! STOP TRYING TO SHUT THEM OUT!!!!

I'm getting pumped already lol....it's gonna be looooooooouuuuuuuud!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #2
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The roof, the roof, the roof...

I've actually been to a few open roof games. The only thing that ever got louder with a closed roof were the PA announcements.
Old 01-04-2013   #3
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

If they arent going to open it when its in the low 70s, partly cloudy and low humidity I dont see any chance they open in Saturday
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #4
TimeKiller

Geez.

Where are my chest-thumping brethren? We all expect some effort of biblical proportion from the team I say it starts with us. You think people in Seattle/Boston/Green Bay/So on/So forth give half a flying rats butt how cold it is? Hell no. They dress in layers and go get their scream on.

DEMAND it be open with me. Maybe we'll even get a couple players on board. Maybe it won't even culminate until next season but damn, fickle fans in Houston want it all. Perfect football team. Perfect weather. Perfect traffic to and from the games and if not well then we'll just arrive later and leave earlier!
Old 01-04-2013   #5
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Geez.

Where are my chest-thumping brethren? We all expect some effort of biblical proportion from the team I say it starts with us. You think people in Seattle/Boston/Green Bay/So on/So forth give half a flying rats butt how cold it is? Hell no. They dress in layers and go get their scream on.

DEMAND it be open with me. Maybe we'll even get a couple players on board. Maybe it won't even culminate until next season but damn, fickle fans in Houston want it all. Perfect football team. Perfect weather. Perfect traffic to and from the games and if not well then we'll just arrive later and leave earlier!

They arent going to open the lid for you or anyone on this board and it has nothing to do with chest thumping. Show up scream your head off and worry more about the game than if the roof is open. The roof being open isnt going to happen and in no way improves the teams chances of winning
Old 01-04-2013   #6
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

opened roof was a complete waste of money.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #7
TimeKiller

Not one.

Not one single one of you is going to get up for this game?

**** it.

on my own then. I wish all of you a very happy new year. Sorry to bother you with a thread about being a passionate fan, I knew it was too much to handle for the "arm strength" and "playcalling" crowd. Have fun reading those threads over and over again.

No more time to kill.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013   #8
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not one.

Not one single one of you is going to get up for this game?

**** it.

on my own then. I wish all of you a very happy new year. Sorry to bother you with a thread about being a passionate fan, I knew it was too much to handle for the "arm strength" and "playcalling" crowd. Have fun reading those threads over and over again.

No more time to kill.

No one is up for the game because no one is ranting about opening the roof? lol
Old 01-04-2013   #9
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

That 45 degree weather and light drizzle should provide a terrifying spine-chilling atmosphere for those bengals...
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

will be closed like it is 98% of the time.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Bob McNair will give back all the money he took from Houston taxpayers to build the stupid retractable roof. Why the hell build a one when it's never used anyway? Ticks me off anytime I think about it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #12
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the roof should only be open for night games.. during day games the shadows make for terrible contrast..
Old 01-04-2013   #13
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Geez.

Trust me, ordinary Pats fans are, to be polite, a soft crowd.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak and Schaub like the roof closed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
Trust me, ordinary Pats fans are, to be polite, a soft crowd.
What are you talking about? Tickets for snow games are way more expensive than any other tickets
Old 01-04-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Maybe Bob McNair will give back all the money he took from Houston taxpayers to build the stupid retractable roof. Why the hell build a one when it's never used anyway? Ticks me off anytime I think about it.
Where have y'all been for the last 9 years?

The roof's been open plenty of times. & it's usually open through the week to allow the grass to get sunlight, rain, and natural air.... <--that is the reason for the retractable roof. Not so we can see the sky during a game.

The whole point in having a closed stadium is to keep the weather out.. no rainy games, no snow, no wind to bother the kicker, etc...
Old 01-04-2013   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just can't get through a season without a "roof" discussion!! IMHO they should just seal the damn thing shut and be done with it.. I HATE the roof open, for one reason. It's a friggin HOLE in the roof, not an open air stadium like the Pats, Denver, Ravens, AND the Bengals have. It serves NO purpose whatsoever to be open. It's not like watching a game at any of the above mentioned stadiums where you might actually experience the elements of mama nature! Reliant with the roof open does not give you that open venue type of atmosphere. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #18
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

"it can rain, it can pour, it can snow, I don't care..."

riiiiight.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
When Ike tore up the roof, it took ~13 million dollars to repair. Insurance covered a good piece of it. However ~ 4 million was covered by FEMA........national taxpayers.............and an additional 2 million by the real owner Harris County.............of course, that's the local taxpayers.

Add in maintenance to the custom roof annually........while waiting for the next act of G-d damage.

Great foresight and cost effective planning by the Texans.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Add in maintenance to the custom roof annually........while waiting for the next act of G-d damage.

Great foresight and cost effective planning by the Texans.
Again, the retractable roof is so real grass can grow inside while still providing an element free game experience for it's patrons.

If they ever decide to go with field turf, then the roof would be a waste of money.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read