Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #81
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

lol. Must spread rep.
Old 01-06-2013   #82
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

I don't think yesterday's game proved anything.
We are lucky we played against a QB that was more MS than MS
and a Coach that was more GK than GK.

Brady and BB will be the test in New England.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #83
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Because we are running the bootleg with an immobile QB.
I know but he starts running backwards even before any body is chasing him.
He turns after the handoff and just starts drifting backwards. Is he gun shy?
Almost like a drawn out flinch.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #84
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Saturday is a Referendum on the OPs thread starting privileges
There. Thread title that's much more relevant.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #85
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak coached like Kubiak and Schaub played like Schaub.

They are what they are.

A mediocre coach and a mediocre quarterback.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #86
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Kubiak coached like Kubiak and Schaub played like Schaub.

They are what they are.
Playoff winners? Agreed. Glad to see you're coming round.
Old 01-06-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Playoff winners? Agreed. Glad to see you're coming round.
Don't forget Division Champs.
Old 01-06-2013   #88
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 238286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What? Aw geez.

Yeah, that couldn't have ANYTHING to do with those players wanting/requiring bigger contracts (I remember that being one of the reasons for a few moves, IIRC). Bud is cheap as hell, as evidenced by his attire.

Plus, he was carving that team out like a pumpkin because he was about to move it all to Nashville. He was mad at many things, one way to get back at the city of Houston was to move the team...which came after having destroyed the Oilers' roster and making sure we all knew who was boss.

I don't think he did this because he thought the fans WANTED it.

That's a bigger conspiracy theory than anything I can even think up, Obsi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.

---------------
Re-read my post. I never said Bud was reacting to what the fans back then were saying. My point was that some of you guys are reacting as Bud did back then. "Make the Super Bowl or I'm holding a fire sale."

I didn't make this up... It's well documented Oiler history.
Link1
Link2
Link3

Some of you are suggesting the same strategy.
Fire the coach. Trade/sit the Schaub and start Yates or somebody. Start slinging the ball all around the yard.
We ain't built for that. We just are not.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #89
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 238286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

As much as I hate to admit it, that's some funny stuff.
Repped.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #90
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the Skins game today, on that 9 yard limping run by RG3, I couldn't help but think I guy with a sprained ACL is faster than Schaub by far.

What's Schaubs longest run, no way it's 9 yards, LOL. Now I'm not ready to burn Matt at the stake like some, but I'm 37, and out of shape, 20 bucks says I could give Matt a run for his money in the 40. Now I wouldn't be able to walk the next day, but what the hell.
Old 01-06-2013   #91
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Watching the Skins game today, on that 9 yard limping run by RG3, I couldn't help but think I guy with a sprained ACL is faster than Schaub by far.

What's Schaubs longest run, no way it's 9 yards, LOL. Now I'm not ready to burn Matt at the stake like some, but I'm 37, and out of shape, 20 bucks says I could give Matt a run for his money in the 40. Now I wouldn't be able to walk the next day, but what the hell.
I stand corrected, Matt ran for 19 in 2009, and 10, in 2008, 12 in 2007. He was a regular RG3 Lite. I'm gonna start calling him MS1.
Old 01-06-2013   #92
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Repped.
I agree it is funny, but multiple times today Wilson's bootleg looked exactly like the Schaub diagram AND he was generally smart and threw it away when the play wasn't there. With all his extra mobility he took at least two totally unnecessary sacks.
Old 01-07-2013   #93
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
May be the rookie factor ...
undoubtedly yes its the rookie factor; he even knows not to force it in those situations. That's why it boggles my mind why so many get ticked and get mad at schaub when he does it..On those bootlegs you're only working with 1/2 a field to begin with.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Repped.
I know everyone is trying to be funny & everyone knows the reason why Schaub's bootleg looks like that more often than not lately, but I've just gotta say it.

Someone didn't get fooled. Either a DE, or a WR/LB on a shallow zone.
Old 01-07-2013   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.
MSR. Thank you, it needs to be said.

Bud Adams was a classless P.O.S. for doing that to Bum after taking his team to the playoffs.

Anyone that wants an owner like Bud can go elsewhere, because I feel confident in saying that McNair will NEVER fire his HC after taking the team to the playoffs. And thank god for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its time to start the process of looking for the future qb of the texans.
Are you in the Texans scouting department? Maybe an assistant coach with the Texans just blowing off steam?

Or, most likely, are you just another fan "demanding" things because you will...what...find another team? Call a sports talk radio to broadcast your demands? Exactly what action as a FAN are you planning to take in order to "start the process of looking for the future qb of the texans", because I'm sure other fans would love to take part in your master plan.

Okay, time for a reality check: Kubiak will be our head coach in 2013 and Schaub will be our starting QB in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Referendom. Ok, I just wanted to misuse it one more time.
lol! Yeah, it's confusing, but so is the OP's mentality, so it works...for him...I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Don't forget Division Champs.
I got the hat!!
Old 01-07-2013   #96
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
MSR. Thank you, it needs to be said.

Bud Adams was a classless P.O.S. for doing that to Bum after taking his team to the playoffs.

Anyone that wants an owner like Bud can go elsewhere, because I feel confident in saying that McNair will NEVER fire his HC after taking the team to the playoffs. And thank god for that!
This is why we fight. We fight because the lemmings would rather us chop and change every two years, just like Detroit, just like Arizona, just like Buffalo. I bet every Bills fan alive would give their left nut to have Marv Levy back, such is their fall from grace.

Bud Adams got lucky with Bum then sacked him. He got lucky again with Jack Pardee, then forced him to resign. Thank God/Jehova/Allah/Whoever that McNair has more sense than the majority of Texan fans.

PS - Great post DB. MSR
Old 01-07-2013   #97
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 19780 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Thank God/Jehova/Allah/Whoever that McNair has /snip
Gold Bars in the safe.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #98
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
This is why we fight. We fight because the lemmings would rather us chop and change every two years, just like Detroit, just like Arizona, just like Buffalo.
Not commenting on the rest of your post of even the general sentiment, but two years would have been 2008.
Old 01-07-2013   #99
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Keep Kubiak

2.Fire Schaub!!! Times like now I'm reminded why he spent the first half of his career as Dog Boy's back up.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #100
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Quote:
Not commenting on the rest of your post of even the general sentiment, but two years would have been 2008.

Fair enough. But are we not seeing the benefits of that patience now? Or is winning the Super Bowl the only way you'll (figurative you) be able to enjoy a season?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read