Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #141
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

And you scout for which NFL team?
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #142
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Case played better than I thought we had any right to hope he could, and I was totally impressed with his guts and performance today in KC.
Dunno what's gonna happen in the coming weeks for the Texans, but my thought is that Case should be our starter when we suit up after the bye to play the Colts.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #143
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new coach will cut case

He could cut him for his own guy, but it won't be because of today. He wasn't perfect, but he showed more than either Schaub or Yates. He deserves to finish this season as the starter.

He was handicapped by another poor game by the o-line and a typical poorly planned game by Kubiak. To top it off he went up against the #1 D in one of the toughest places to play. That is a sick D. I wish we had a more creative defensive scheme that could dial up some pressure like that. Keenum didn't handle the pressure well, but everyone knew it was coming & our coach failed to help his QB.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #144
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.
I think that pass to Graham that he dropped was 6 if he ran through the route instead of jumping. He's got a livlier arm at this point.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #145
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Your credibility is going down the drain with this thread and other posts since the end of the game, ATX.

Most say, and rightly so, that Case represented himself well today especially given the many circumstances of this particular game. He leaves a lot to ponder about what he can do in the future (without anointing him The Savior). You try and save face by acting like we all think he's The Answer. Wow.

I'm looking forward to seeing him start again. Case has MADE me interested.

Also, when the urge is strong enough to start YET ANOTHER thread about Case......wanna give us a little more than 'just 'cuz'?
Old 10-20-2013   #146
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-20-2013   #147
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

In his first NFL start, Keenum’s performance was the best in franchise history for a first-time quarterback with 271 yards passing, surpassing Matt Schaub’s previous record of 225 yards. Keenum was 15-of-25 with one touchdown, ten yards rushing, and a passer rating of 110.6.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.
The only thing that really bothers me is the fumble at the end of the game. Sacks come for different reasons, one QB is going to take them in some situations, others are going to take them in other situations, but I can pretty much gaurantee you who ever our QB is going to be going forward is going to get sacked.

If this is going to be a problem going forward with Keenum, & I don't know that it will be, then it's not the no brainer many want to make it out to be.

We are not out of this yet, even at 2-5. Until we are mathematically out of it the answer is always to play the players that give you the best option to win. Any idea to just play this guy or that guy to see what you got, is a loser's mentality.
Old 10-20-2013   #149
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.
That all is likely to change when the honey moon is over & people start blaming him for the loss.
Old 10-20-2013   #150
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That all is likely to change when the honey moon is over & people start blaming him for the loss.
I honestly blame this entire losing streak on Schaub. According to Gary, his son Matt is the leader of this team and attitude reflects leadership.

So yes, its all on Matt. (And his daddy Gary)
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #151
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Or he could become a really good qb and help us reach the level we want to be at.

But I guess since you want to say I told you so it's easier to come up with negative hypotheticals.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #152
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Exactly.

Some people were expecting him to play like garbage...and he outplays a lot of QBs that went against KC this year with literally no HB and now he's just "Okay."

It's whatever, if this guy is improving from what he did today...I'm not even going to say it. Kid has a LOT of potential.

Yeah he didn't play perfect (who does?) but his mistakes did not lose the game (unlike our previous QBs) and his play was the reason we were in it despite not having a RB.
I'd start Case. No question about it. Not because I think his play warrants it, but because Kubiak calls the game differently. I was wrong about the play-calling not being an issue, Kubiak's strategy seemed more like a winning strategy.... the 3rd & 3 shot at the end zone is what sold me, but real 3 & 4 WR sets & not "disguised" 2 TE sets tells me he feels like he thinks he has a chance to win that Schaub doesn't give him. I think he got more of a spark than the team did.

Quote:
If Foster plays we EASILY win this game. If you think otherwise then you are basically saying that Foster is worth only one point. Hopefully the bye week is just what Foster and this offense need to get things right again.
I feel the threat to run "handled" the Chiefs' pass rush more than anything. There in the third when our run game was getting us nothing really hurt in that aspect. Using all our timeouts then not getting the ball back until the 2 minute warning didn't help either.

But I agree with you. Anyone thinking Tate can carry a team, or is worthy of a 3rd round pick or better at this point in the season is just delusional.

Quote:
I think the only thing that could save Kubes job for another year is Case now. I'd be surprised if he trots Schaub back out there...

Absolutely. If he names Case the starter now, he'll get a pass. If he waits until we're out of contention, then it'll be too little, too late, & he should have known better.
Old 10-20-2013   #153
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Or he could become a really good qb and help us reach the level we want to be at.

But I guess since you want to say I told you so it's easier to come up with negative hypotheticals.
I don't want to say I told you so. I want to say, "We won the Super Bowl, we won the Super Bowl." & I'd love it if Case is that guy that takes us there. I've got nothing against Case, but this is honey moon period. He can throw it short of the sticks on 3rd down & it's the best pass short of the sticks that was ever thrown by any QB to ever play in the state of Texas.

If you're not seeing that, then it's you being disingenuous.

I was at the game last week, you should have heard the cheers Tj got for dumping the ball off. It was ridiculous. Case made some good plays today. He was in a bad situation in a bad way in the second half.

He didn't Kaepernick it & win the starters job outright. He didn't even Andre Luck it, the game was close, the ball was in his hands & he choked.

The only reason he should get the start our next game is because he'll take shots Schaub absolutely refuses to take.
Old 10-21-2013   #154
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/20...pect-with.html
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #155
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
From the article:

Quote:
“The guy can definitely move around back there, buy some time for his receivers to get open and he has the arm strength to make the big play down the field,” said Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith. “I found that out the hard way.”

Smith is a confident guy, someone who loves to refer to the “swag” he and his fellow Chiefs corners like to play with. But he offered that self-deprecating remark with a smirk, one that perhaps belies a certain amount of respect earned for a young quarterback who just played his tail off in a hostile environment.

“I don't want to say we overlooked him,” Chiefs safety Kendrick Lewis said, “but that guy was better than we thought.”
Old 10-21-2013   #156
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

vs. Cowboys
T. Romo C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACK QBR RTG FUM
30/42 298 7.1 1 0 3-17 57.1 99.1 1

vs. Eagles
M. Vick C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACK QBR RTG FUM
13/30 201 6.7 1 2 6-34 25.5 49.4 1

vs. Giants
E. Manning C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACK QBR RTG FUM
18/37 217 5.9 1 1 3-17 23.7 64.8 2

vs. Texans
C. Keenum C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACK QBR RTG FUM
15/25 271 10.8 1 0 5-50 36.4 110.6 1

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #157
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Welp, I've heard enough. Send Schaub back out there.

Old 10-21-2013   #158
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Case's Accountability

Quote:
How do you feel about the game? “I’m really disappointed and frustrated. I thought our team played really hard there towards the end. We put the offense in a position and me in a position to go down and win the game, and we didn’t. I didn’t make the plays there at the end. You’ve got to give credit to Kansas City. They’ve got a heck of a defense, and they did a good job disguising looks and bringing pressure. But our receivers did a great job getting open all afternoon. I just didn’t make the throws when I needed to.”
Quote:
Did you feel like you made some good things happen? “It’s nice to make good things happen, but I’m going to watch the film and I’m going to think about those couple of plays where I didn’t. That’s just how it goes. I’m learning this game. I’m learning that it’s those few plays in the crunch time that make the difference. You could play as well or as bad and make a few plays. A turnover here or there or whatever it is, it’s very small. I want to make them next time.”
Quote:
The series where you guys made it down to the one yard line and couldn’t punch it in. How critical was that situation? “Yeah, it’s tough. I think we were down a running back at that point, maybe two. The sneak, I wish that would have got in, and I can make a better ball to DeAndre [Hopkins]. It’s a matchup we love, him on the goal line there. It wound up being a big play. It’s one of those plays where I want that ball back.”
Quote:
The last three possessions ended in sacks. Was Kansas City doing something differently? “Yeah, they were doing a good job, and I got confused. My guys were working to get open, and I just need to get the ball out. My offensive line did a great job protecting all day. They did an extremely good job, especially running the ball early. I thought we had some really good drives. We just didn’t make the play at the end.”

With all the pressure on him, and the whole situation he was put in, all he can talk about is how disappointed he was that he couldn't pull out the win, and how honest he was in the criticism of himself. Compare how many times he says "I" instead of "we". He recognizes his own faults and isn't afraid to admit it. Amazing.
Old 10-21-2013   #159
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case's Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
With all the pressure on him, and the whole situation he was put in, all he can talk about is how disappointed he was that he couldn't pull out the win, and how honest he was in the criticism of himself. Compare how many times he says "I" instead of "we". He recognizes his own faults and isn't afraid to admit it. Amazing.
Yep and that is the sign of a true leader, when he takes the blame instead of putting it on everyone.
Old 10-21-2013   #160
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case's Accountability

i'm 99% sure we would of lost by waaaaay more than 1 point if Schaub was out there (healthy or not)
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read