Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #121
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new coach will cut case

Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #122
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok lock the thread. I'm wrong. A new coach will think case is the answer
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #123
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We don't need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. On that side of the ball our biggest single need is competent offensive linemen who can pass protect. Everything else is fine as it is.

We have RB's. We have WR's. We have a fine young QB who can sling it, is accurate, and mobile. We just can't block worth a damn and that needs to be fixed ASAP. We have some kind of implosion going on over there and none of them look worth a damn right now. No one.
Some of that was getting out-schemed at times today.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #124
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We don't need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. On that side of the ball our biggest single need is competent offensive linemen who can pass protect. Everything else is fine as it is.

We have RB's. We have WR's. We have a fine young QB who can sling it, is accurate, and mobile. We just can't block worth a damn and that needs to be fixed ASAP. We have some kind of implosion going on over there and none of them look worth a damn right now. No one.
Exactly, we should draft two O tackles and a safety to replace Manning. Reed needs to go and Swearinger replaces. I think we from drafting # 10 to 9.
Old 10-20-2013   #125
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
WTF game did you watch? Dude threw a ball all the way across the field 44 yards in the air without having his feet set and the defense had no shot at it (Graham barely did). Wish I had such a weak arm.

It's this sort of complete and utter bull**** that nakes the Keenum hate camp look like clowns. There are legitimate criticisms of every QB on the planet. There are plenty of things to be concerned about with Keenum. The arm is not one of them. It's like a bunch of fkn idiots read the combine scouting report and just keep parroting the arm crap despite having actual, real throws on film to watch.

It's just mind boggling how stupid that is.
Ericadoc going in!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #126
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

For his first NFL start, Keenum did much better than most anyone thought. He should, and probably will, get the start against the Colts.

If they win, their next three games are very winnable (Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars). And don't tell me the Texans can't win the next game, at home against the Patriots. Did you see the Pats play today? Not so hot. Brady was 1-for-12 on third-down conversions.

It's too early to say if Keenum is their QB of the future. But for those of you who think the draft is the solution, don't be so sure. Did you see how Matt Barkley did today in his NFL debut? He had 129 yards and three 3 INTs -- at home...
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #127
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Case completed 20+ yds a few times. Our O looked much better with Case.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #128
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll get it.

I haven't seen Kubiak so excited since, well, I can't remember.

Michael Silver of NFL Media (formerly of Yahoo Sports) is pretty astute. He said on NFL Network a few nights ago that if Schaub is replaced as the starting QB, he won't get the job back.

I think he'll be proven right.
Old 10-20-2013   #129
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not see an NFL arm today. That said, I didn't see one with Bernie Kosar either.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #130
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

To your first sentence - you're kidding, right?

And Kosar had a pretty good career, wouldn't you say?
Old 10-20-2013   #131
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
dude was smiling after the loss (several times). Hate that.

None of the greats (Brady, Manning, etc) ever smile after a loss as they are winners.

He played well enough, but its very obvious he doesn't have the arm strength or frame to be an NFL QB. The guy who is going to lead us to our first super bowl is not on the roster.
Dude, really? You must be blind or you're just talking out of your fourth point of contact. It's ridiculous statements like this that I can't understand. He's got plenty of arm strength and he looks like an NFL QB to me back there so I don't know where you're getting this stuff about his "frame".

I want to see what he does back there with a couple of weeks of first team snaps and in front of a home crowd.

It would also be nice if the Texans could find a RT somewhere but I'm sure that's asking for too much.
Old 10-20-2013   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Coincidence that a lot of the same people proclaiming case would stink are now the same folks downplaying whatever success he had today?

No.

If that was our 2nd round pick from last season that just stepped in and had that game I think folks would be more reasonable with their evaluations. But since people had such strong opinions they can't come out and say I was wrong. Case does possibly have a future.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #133
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33416 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhog View Post
I did not see an NFL arm today. That said, I didn't see one with Bernie Kosar either.
Freaking moronic statement.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #134
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.
Oh no, with Cushing done you can be certain that 2-5 is about as lost as this season can possibly get. We're done.
Old 10-20-2013   #135
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 11376 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhog View Post
yeah either did Hopkins on that TD pass.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #136
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Coincidence that a lot of the same people pro claiming case would stink are now the same folks downplaying whatever success he had today?

No.

If that was our 2nd round pick from last season that just stepped in and had that game I think folks would be more reasonable with their evaluations. But since people had such strong opinions they can't come out and say I was wrong. Case does possibly have a future.
Exactly.

Some people were expecting him to play like garbage...and he outplays a lot of QBs that went against KC this year with literally no HB and now he's just "Okay."

It's whatever, if this guy is improving from what he did today...I'm not even going to say it. Kid has a LOT of potential.

Yeah he didn't play perfect (who does?) but his mistakes did not lose the game (unlike our previous QBs) and his play was the reason we were in it despite not having a RB.

If Foster plays we EASILY win this game. If you think otherwise then you are basically saying that Foster is worth only one point. Hopefully the bye week is just what Foster and this offense need to get things right again.

I think the only thing that could save Kubes job for another year is Case now. I'd be surprised if he trots Schaub back out there...
Old 10-20-2013   #137
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post

Maybe. Maybe not. What's stupid is thinking that any of us knows what a new coach will think if one is brought in after this season. You have no idea what will play out over the next 9 weeks. Keenum could get another start, improve in front of the home crowd at Reliant and never sit back down. For all any of us know right now he could end up being one of the few bright spots of this season (which is looking pretty grim at the moment).

Or he could sit back down in two weeks and never see the field again. We could stagger through this mess with Matt Schaub and his gimpy sloth routine.

We don't know and neither do you. Saying "A new coach will cut case" is just stupid because you don't know what that coach will be looking at yet. If he only saw today he probably still wouldn't just outright cut him. Beyond today nobody knows.
Old 10-20-2013   #138
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
How about we just all come in and type agreed instead. I mean you said it so it must be true.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #139
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

OP is blind....
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #140
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Freaking moronic statement.
you say that now. Give Case a few games and you will see his arm strength is questionable.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read