Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #101
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new coach will cut case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Our qb play has been so bad that case avg qb play has been magnified. Never seen a snap of him in college. Bought in on the message board hype. He is an UDFA. Thats all
Is he better than yates....probably.....is he better than schaub. What does that say. Case is a backup. A new coach will pass him over all im saying.
I hope you didn't pull a hammy back-pedaling.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #102
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i will admit i dont like the formation we ran today, the RB is like 10 yards behind the LOS, not a good formation IMO. Keenum looked good behind center even in Pre season so we need to stick with that.
Old 10-20-2013   #103
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not ready to annoint him starter next yearbut it was his first start.

The mistakes he made are correctable.
But would a new coach see an it factor with him and keep him. knowing its a vy case all over again?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #104
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not if it's Kevin Sumlin
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #105
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #106
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsRocketRed View Post
How so?? He literally had 1-2 seconds before he was slammed into the ground. The O-Line just let the blitzers run right into him
Just as they've done all season...
Old 10-20-2013   #107
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking we will probably need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. That said, he did pretty darn good considering he's never played in the NFL and was playing against a damn good defense. He surely did better than Schaub who is a complete stiff. Thanks to Sxchaub, Kubiak and special teams, we are already dead in the water and might as well see what he can do. What do we have to lose? He might prove me wrong.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #108
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys need to think like a new coach taking over houston and the qb situation
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #109
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need Sumlin, no defense.
Old 10-20-2013   #110
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But would a new coach see an it factor with him and keep him. knowing its a vy case all over again?

Now you're really grasping lol.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #111
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
We don't need Sumlin, no defense.
You say that like Kubiak calls the defensive plays now.

Sumlin calls the offense, Wade calls the defense. Anyone see any issues with that? I sure as hell don't.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #112
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cause hes not an answer
Disagree. I thought that in the fourth quarter he was fed to the wolves (Some of those blitzes were on him before he had a chance to even setup) but prior to that he looked composed, mobile, and plenty capable. I want to see him play again.

When did our line become not just damaged but total ****? I mean they can't stop anything. That was a 10 sack day if the gimp had started. Easily.

I think Keenum's first start should have been last week against the Rams but that didn't happen. This was one hell of an environment to make your first start in and he did very well. I'd take Keenum over Schaub every single time after what I saw today.
Old 10-20-2013   #113
nut
All Pro

Look at your college team. You have already had an aggy guy in charge for years - Kubiak.
Old 10-20-2013   #114
heymak
Rookie

Quote:
You guys need to think like a new coach taking over houston and the qb situation
Just curious how well a first time starter should do when the primary running back is out injuried and the number two looked wounded as well. The second half was played by KC as if there was no threat of a run, which there wasn't. At least he showed some pocket presence when he had time. Sucks to lose, but can't put this all on Case.
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #115
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else noticing the new agenda? Downplay Case who was the undrafted 3rd stringer who just went in Arrowhead against a bad ass Chiefs defense and damn near won the game. Case had no oline, no run game, bad refs, bad clock management from Kubes as well as bad playcalling at time.

Yet..........somehow Case was just "ok", "serviceable" and other downplaying terms? I have not been so dumbfounded in my life. Saying that is like saying it is snowing right now when it's clearly now.

Case made throws that are I dunno, legit NFL QB throws Texans fans don't get to see unless they change the channel to another game/team. Normally most 3rd stringers would just outright suck balls yet today he nearly lead the team to a W in KC, something we know Schaub and Yates would not have done. He far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, outplayed the other 2 QB's yet had either one of them played today I bet they would get excuses on how they played great. Just laughable. I'm just having to tell myself "this is the agenda, I would do the same thing had I just been proven wrong like this".

To be clear, I am NOT saying he is the next Montana or the next franchise QB but damn, don't downplay the best performance you have seen all season. It's insane.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #116
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm ? Gentleman, which brings me to my next point:

Don't smoke crack.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #117
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Hmm ? Gentleman, which brings me to my next point:

Don't smoke crack.
In case my post was unclear, it's was a response to the original post.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #118
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Case is our starter going from here. All this guy needs is more coaching and experience. First thing he needs to work on right now is knowing when to tuck the ball and protect it with both ARMS (not just two HANDS)--I get why he does that; he just risks it a little too long.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #119
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. On that side of the ball our biggest single need is competent offensive linemen who can pass protect. Everything else is fine as it is.

We have RB's. We have WR's. We have a fine young QB who can sling it, is accurate, and mobile. We just can't block worth a damn and that needs to be fixed ASAP. We have some kind of implosion going on over there and none of them look worth a damn right now. No one.
Old 10-20-2013   #120
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.
Exactly. If Keenum proves he can hang, a RT in the first round is a no brainer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read