Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #1041
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Case doesn't make a drastic change in the way he plays over the next 3 games, I'm all on board for drafting a QB in the first.
I'm already on board for drafting a QB in the first.

Open competition during Training Camp. Worst case* is we end up with a Brees/Rivers situation.

(No pun intended.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1042
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I wanted Keenum to get a CHANCE to show what he could do. My opinion after 3-4 games was that if he continued like that (see Nick Foles) then you go into next season with him at starter and get some vet, mid round draft pick for competition. He hasn't continued so I'm on the draft a QB with a high pick bandwagon.
That's exactly how I see it.
Old 12-06-2013   #1043
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Open competition during Training Camp. Worst case* is we end up with a Brees/Rivers situation.

(No pun intended.)
That sounds like a best case scenario!

I'm not great judging how college talent translates to the NFL, but if they they think they can get a franchise QB with their pick, they have to take it. My only fear is they think they need a QB so bad that they pick the best QB "on the board" whether they really think he's the answer or not. We have other needs too.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1044
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm good with a QB, too. If that QB is the best player in the draft. I just don't want to force the #1 pick on a QB (Carr, Russell, Bradford, etc.) when there are better players at other key positions. Is there a Luck, RGIII, or Newton in this draft? That's what has to be answered.
Old 12-06-2013   #1045
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't help but think Kubiak was refusing to shift the offense to suit Case.

Now, he's sent to pack his own suitcase.
Old 12-06-2013   #1046
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

I read someone on here say that Kubiak was planning on benching Case and going with Schaub the rest of the season. And that was probably the final straw for McNair because they'd probably already agreed as a team to let Case have his chance the rest of the season to see if he could progress and learn.

I think if Kubiak hadn't made that decision and if he'd been able to get Case to progress some more, he'd have kept his job to the offseason.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1047
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I read someone on here say that Kubiak was planning on benching Case and going with Schaub the rest of the season. And that was probably the final straw for McNair because they'd probably already agreed as a team to let Case have his chance the rest of the season to see if he could progress and learn.

I think if Kubiak hadn't made that decision and if he'd been able to get Case to progress some more, he'd have kept his job to the offseason.
That seems reasonable. However, with that said, I've seen enough of Case. Neither Case nor Schaub can get it done. At times, Case just looks lost out there. He doesn't have a hot read when there's an obvious blitzing situation, and it's frustrating because even a non-football guru like me can tell a blitz is coming.

Schaub is Schaub. I'm over him. We need to draft a QB in the first or second round.
Old 12-07-2013   #1048
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
We're gonna have a Rivers/Brees situation, and in my view, Keenum will go to another team and shine, just like all the other players we let go.
I'm pessimistic about this as well. Every year there are a dozen new QBs that gets someone hot under the gills. Keenum is signed through at least another year. By the time he hits the market, younger, faster, QBs with brighter futures will be all the rage & guys like Christian Ponder, Ryan Tannehill, & Matt Schaub will be getting recycled with more attention than the UDFA that had 1 games to show he can't adjust to the NFL.
Old 12-07-2013   #1049
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Then you don't have a clue , the offense has been drastically changed from what we saw with Schaub under center to what we see with Keenum. Keenum hasn't been able to make the routine plays and that's the bottom line.

There is so much misinformation over this whole firing subject its comical.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1050
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

(No pun intended.)
We'd be in better shape, much better shape if we had a viable option at the QB position, allowing us to drop the QB priortiy to the third or 4th & get a couple of blue chip players.. RT, ILB, OLB in the first 2 rounds.

As it is, we're still holding out hope that Brennan Williams is a better RT than Newton/Harris. True, he can't be worse, but we need better.
Old 12-07-2013   #1051
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

If that's the case (no pun intended) then we're going to spend the next three weeks finding out what Kubiak already knows. Case ain't the one.
Old 12-07-2013   #1052
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Then you don't have a clue , the offense has been drastically changed from what we saw with Schaub under center to what we see with Keenum. Keenum hasn't been able to make the routine plays and that's the bottom line.

Yeah this is my biggest pet peeve. There's plenty of garbage to use against Kubiak - why invent stuff that doesn't exist?
Old 12-07-2013   #1053
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Yeah this is my biggest pet peeve. There's plenty of garbage to use against Kubiak - why invent stuff that doesn't exist?
Even the media is doing it .... last night I was listening to an interview of Ian Rapoport and he stated draft pick influence being part of the problem - Dude doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1054
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even the media is doing it .... last night I was listening to an interview of Ian Rapoport and he stated draft pick influence being part of the problem - Dude doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Or ch 13 news saying Case had a lot more fans and support than Matt and then they went live to UofH to talk to those fans
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1055
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We'd be in better shape, much better shape if we had a viable option at the QB position, allowing us to drop the QB priortiy to the third or 4th & get a couple of blue chip players.. RT, ILB, OLB in the first 2 rounds.

As it is, we're still holding out hope that Brennan Williams is a better RT than Newton/Harris. True, he can't be worse, but we need better.
I wouldn't be to optimistic of any lineman following microfracture surgery.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1056
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I wouldn't be to optimistic of any lineman following microfracture surgery.
That was my worry. and im not sure if you happen to know if there were any indicators in college of health issues that the front office missed either by negligence or just imcompetence. Brennan is a high pick to have to scratch out before he ever plays a game.
Old 12-07-2013   #1057
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75018 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saying. Look at Nick Foles's performances in 2012 and then in 2013. Did anything last year tell you he was going to have that much success this year? No.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ni00/gamelog//

This is why we can't shut the door on Keenum after only a handful of starts.
Old 12-07-2013   #1058
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The offense has not drastically changed. It's the same offense. I think Keenum plays out of the shotgun and pistol slightly more than Schaub.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1059
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Just saying. Look at Nick Foles's performances in 2012 and then in 2013. Did anything last year tell you he was going to have that much success this year? No.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ni00/gamelog//

This is why we can't shut the door on Keenum after only a handful of starts.

How many players looked poor for a year or two and never turned it around? I'd guess it's more than were able to make a ridiculous turnaround. Kept holding that powerball ticket
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #1060
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Keenum is the answer, and we definitely should have a QB competition next training camp. However, is the 25-26 quarters Keenum has played with a RB with 4 broken ribs and a spotty (at best) offensive line enough to totally close the book on him? I don't think so, although many on here seem to think he'll never be a legitimate starting QB.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read